Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Lucifer - FOX Monday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 01-06-18, 05:25 AM   #241
kimny72
Seeks Rescue

Re: Lucifer - FOX Monday

This last episode was a little cheesy for me. I don't know, it was fun to see a little more of the backstory, but I don't know if an entire episode was necessary.

This is from the last episode before the break, but are we supposed to think Cain is the one who knocked out Lucifer at the end of last season? I feel like we are at least half way through this season and we don't know any more about that cliffhanger than when it happened. I want the real clues to start coming!
kimny72 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-06-18, 05:56 PM   #242
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimny72 View Post
This last episode was a little cheesy for me. I don't know, it was fun to see a little more of the backstory, but I don't know if an entire episode was necessary.

This is from the last episode before the break, but are we supposed to think Cain is the one who knocked out Lucifer at the end of last season? I feel like we are at least half way through this season and we don't know any more about that cliffhanger than when it happened. I want the real clues to start coming!
Kimny, I've been saying all along this new Capt. wasn't what he was suppose to be.

Now, are we to suppose this is the "Cain" from the Bible? The one who killed his brother, Abel?

And we all know what's going to happen, he's going to become involved with Chloe, either romantically or dastardly, and Luci's going to have to save her.

Kimny, I could write this stuff.
Old 01-07-18, 06:28 AM   #243
kimny72
Seeks Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
Kimny, I've been saying all along this new Capt. wasn't what he was suppose to be.

Now, are we to suppose this is the "Cain" from the Bible? The one who killed his brother, Abel?

And we all know what's going to happen, he's going to become involved with Chloe, either romantically or dastardly, and Luci's going to have to save her.

Kimny, I could write this stuff.
You need a better tinfoil hat, they are reading your mind!

Yes, I don't remember exactly what was said, but it was basically that he was Cain, who committed the first mortal sin and was forced to walk the earth for eternity or something like that. He looks damn good for his age
Old 01-10-18, 05:08 PM   #244
Pi-o-my
Pushes the Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimny72 View Post
....I feel like we are at least half way through this season and we don't know any more about that cliffhanger than when it happened. I want the real clues to start coming!
This didn’t advance the Sinnerman storyline because it was an episode out of sequence, I think from before Mum took over Charlotte’s body and when Mazikeen was still wearing her Carey-comics warrior outfit. I don't think this just because it was a "flashback episode" but because it actually was made previously and tossed in the mix around the holidays, when people following the mystery might miss out. So we dedicated viewers have to bide our time on behalf of those less committed.

Didn’t the Captain say that Sinnerman had killed his (the Captain’s) brother? How many siblings did Cain and Abel have?

Last edited by Pi-o-my; 01-10-18 at 05:10 PM.
Pi-o-my is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-18, 09:35 PM   #245
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi-o-my View Post
This didn’t advance the Sinnerman storyline because it was an episode out of sequence, I think from before Mum took over Charlotte’s body and when Mazikeen was still wearing her Carey-comics warrior outfit. I don't think this just because it was a "flashback episode" but because it actually was made previously and tossed in the mix around the holidays, when people following the mystery might miss out. So we dedicated viewers have to bide our time on behalf of those less committed...
So Pi-o-my, you're saying this episode was suppose to run before we saw the Capt. kill the "Sinnerman? Which to me was very suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi-o-my View Post
...Didn’t the Captain say that Sinnerman had killed his (the Captain’s) brother? How many siblings did Cain and Abel have?
Yeah, he told Chloe that story a couple of episodes ago.

But, if we take this story that the "Sinnerman" killed his brother, and the idea he's the Cain who killed his brother, Abel. Doesn't that make him the "Sinnerman"?
Old 01-21-18, 06:39 AM   #246
kimny72
Seeks Rescue

In the Biblical story, there was a third brother Seth, born after Cain killed Abel. Seth is the father of mankind, as Noah was his descendant and everyone else's family lines were killed off in the Flood. Seth's death is noted in the Bible.

But they have already diverged from the Bible with the Cain story I believe, as Cain wasn't immortal in the Bible, he just could not be murdered.

It's possible his story about Sinnerman killing his brother was made up to explain his interest. Or it's possible, since I'd guess he has to continually change his identity as he "ages out" of a believable cover, that he takes the place of real people or finds ways to worm his way into families and did actually have a relationship with someone Sinnerman killed.

Cain's story is very similar to Lucifer's actually. Jealous of God's preference for his brother, felt he was judged unfairly, did something awful in anger, and was cast out. Definitely can't take anything he says at face value
Old 02-16-18, 09:20 PM   #247
Pi-o-my
Pushes the Button

The show has upped its game the last few episodes so I’m surprised to see that it’s languished around here. The plots are better, more of the jokes land, and Tom Ellis seems to be bothering to act again, which is nice. Plus – Trixie’s sparkly blades!
Pi-o-my is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »