Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > Other TV General > The Catch - ABC Thursday

Old 03-25-16, 08:39 PM   #11
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Re: The Catch - ABC Thursday

Quote:
But something strange happens. Benjamin tries to convince Alice to run away with him, forget about the big wedding, and elope. "We can go anywhere you want. We never have to be found". This is real strange for a con-man to say to his mark. She tells him they can't do that. Plus, she's involved in this big case.
He fell for her and was going to take the one chance available to him and run away. But that didn't happen.

My only question about that is -- did the man he was pretending to be -- fall for her or did the man underneath it all -- fall for her. Remember, his fellow "con" said he was really good because be "becomes" the person he's pretending to be.

The pilot was interesting enough to bring me back to episode 2.

Formerly known as clayseason1
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-16, 08:46 PM   #12
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi View Post
He fell for her and was going to take the one chance available to him and run away. But that didn't happen.

My only question about that is -- did the man he was pretending to be -- fall for her or did the man underneath it all -- fall for her. Remember, his fellow "con" said he was really good because be "becomes" the person he's pretending to be...
I personally think "he" fell for her.

Remember that second confrontation, the one after she realized who he was? He was trying to get the formula for the water purification system, when she busted in on the party. Before going on the lamb, he toasted her. Good job! Then he stole that painting she loved. I thought it was touching, she comes home to find the painting hanging on the wall.
Old 03-31-16, 06:15 AM   #13
The Ricksters
Seeks Rescue

Not sure about this show. I will give it more time. It is weird to see the lead actress in full make-up and dressed nicely.
The Ricksters is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-31-16, 05:40 PM   #14
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ricksters View Post
...It is weird to see the lead actress in full make-up and dressed nicely.
Ricksters, I too think it's a well styled series.

Where's my fashionesta? Oh Cmdr Sock!

Last edited by Hodgepodge; 03-31-16 at 06:01 PM.
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-31-16, 06:08 PM   #15
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

S01E02 - "The Real Killer"
Thursday - March 31, 2016
10/9c - ABC

Spoiler: Promo & Episode Description

Alice is hired by a man wrongly imprisoned for killing his wife, but she loses focus on his case as she tries to locate Ben. Meanwhile, Ben and his cohorts are in dire need of cash thanks to Alice sabotaging their scheme. Source
Old 04-01-16, 05:17 PM   #16
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

I thought this second episode was better than the first.

It appears that we will get the "investigation of the week" along with Alice's pursuit of her con man. But -- and I like this, we are also treated to the ongoing cons in play, which I find fascinating.

Investigation of the week
Hodge, as soon as I saw the guy released from prison, I knew he was guilty. He was the bad guy in Second Chance -- Graff! I couldn't help it -- Guilty I say -- and he was.

It appears, Benjamin really did fall for Alice and wants to run away with her but fears his cohort would kill her -- so he doesn't. But he can't stay away from her either.

Mireille Enos really brings the pain of her betrayal home. My heart hurt for her like hers hurt for the woman who fell for the murderer. Men!

Old 04-01-16, 10:11 PM   #17
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
I thought this second episode was better than the first...
I thought so too.

I truly love the wardrobe and the set direction. TPTB have picked out all the beautiful places around here. So, I've got two series set in L.A. The Catch and Colony. Let me know if you want to come for a visit.

Quote:
...It appears that we will get the "investigation of the week" along with Alice's pursuit of her con man. But -- and I like this, we are also treated to the ongoing cons in play, which I find fascinating...
Sandi, there has to be a way to set up these series differently than the usual. I'm hoping you're right about the con within a con, gives us that difference.

Quote:
...Investigation of the week
Hodge, as soon as I saw the guy released from prison, I knew he was guilty. He was the bad guy in Second Chance -- Graff! I couldn't help it -- Guilty I say -- and he was.
It took me a little longer.

When stuff started turning up, like the jewels, that's when I said, it's a setup against the son.

What I didn't understand was the ending. Why would Jeffery try and kill his "current" wife while Alice was running out the front door. As he mentioned, he couldn't be tried again (Double Jeopardy), so what was the rush, especially with a witness who could put him at the murder scene.

Honestly, I thought the "current" wife was going after the "first" wife's money. Remember, he was given control of her estate when the son was implicated. She says he was trying to kill her, so she acted in self-defense. He's dead, she gets all the money.

Were you confused by the ending?

Quote:
...It appears, Benjamin really did fall for Alice and wants to run away with her but fears his cohort would kill her -- so he doesn't. But he can't stay away from her either.

Mireille Enos really brings the pain of her betrayal home. My heart hurt for her like hers hurt for the woman who fell for the murderer. Men!
Yeah, it's apparent he actually fell in love with her. To the point, he'll have to save her life in the near future.

I was really surprised Margot admitted she was afraid he'd really fallen for her during the year. And he was right, she'll have Alice killed to keep him under her thumb.

I'm really looking forward to that confrontation. What will he have to do to save her? Will he have to kill Reginald to keep her? Will he go as far as turning Margot over to Insp. Dao?
Old 04-01-16, 10:18 PM   #18
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
What I didn't understand was the ending. Why would Jeffery try and kill his "current" wife while Alice was running out the front door. As he mentioned, he couldn't be tried again (Double Jeopardy), so what was the rush, especially with a witness who could put him at the murder scene.
I think Jeffrey wanted the public to believe he was innocent and he needed his current wife, who believed in him to make it so. Having overheard him admitting to Alice that he did kill his first wife, he probably attempted to push her down the stairs so she could die accidentally.

Old 04-07-16, 06:11 PM   #19
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

S01E03 - "The Trail"
Thursday - April 7, 2016
10/9c - ABC

Spoiler: Promo & Episode Description

Valerie's estranged husband hires the team to look into a big pharmaceutical company after his sister experiences bad side effects from an MS clinical trial. Meanwhile, Ben targets a princess in his new real-estate-investment scheme. Source
Old 04-10-16, 09:57 PM   #20
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

I'm liking this series with every episode.

Really liked the procedural portion. Benjamin and his team are after recouping their loses thru a new con of a Middle Eastern Princess.

The con is involved with the purchase of three luxury towers being built in Los Angeles. They're looking for the Princess to invest 250Mil per tower, with a 5Mil holding fee. Of course, the holding fee is what they're after.

After getting the money, they noticed the Princess's head of security pocketed 3Mil, by telling the Princess there was an 8Mil holding fee.

Benjamin and his team decide to blow the security guys cover with the idea of taking more of the Princess's money.

Alice and her team are on a case that involves Val's sister-in-law. Which means, Val has to meet with her soon-to-be ex-husband.

It seems she's developed MS, and became a subject in a medical trial that showed promise.

The most powerful scene was a conversation between Ben and Ali while both are in separate beds. Really powerful.