Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > LOST > General Discussion > Favorite scenes in LOST

Old 04-19-17, 11:57 PM   #11
topcat
Follows the Cable

Re: Favorite scenes in LOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post
I loved it when Michael and the freighter died together.

But my favoritest scene of all time is still when Ben and Kate have a nice breakfast together. She had to put handcuffs on herself if she wanted coffee... that scene.

Second favorite is probably Kate crawling through the ductwork. Or maybe after the bee attack, Kate has to lose her shirt because, "It was full of Bees!" and Charlie quips, "I'd have guessed C's." Kate mudwrestling with Juliet is up near the top, as was the reveal of the blast door map, red herring or no.

There are a plethora of honorable mention moments. Nikki and Paolo's burial; anything involving Kate and/or Ana L wearing fairly little; the birth of Aaron; Locke and Kate talking before either of them get lowered into the newly opened "Hatch" (Swan) station; the opening scene in s2 of Desmond waking up and doing his routine, but then it pulls back and we realize he's living INSIDE THE F***ING HATCH... there are a LOT more, i didn't even mention one moment from I Do, which is one of my favorite episodes, nor did i mention any of the scenes that are densely layered and involve multiple layers of dramatic irony, which seemed practically like a minor motif in the show as a whole.

____

Might be interesting to have a "least favorite moments" thread too. Obviously Michael's murders in the Swan marked a pretty low moment for the great majority of LOST fans. I don't think i've ever heard anyone say they didn't like Libby and Ana L was a controversial figure, but she had a lot of fans, too.

I think a lot of people here would rate all of s6 as a least favorite moment, but i liked it overall. One of the big disappointments of it for me was having Ilana go out Arntz-style.
All great mentions. I have to wholeheartedly agree with your comments about Kate and Ana Lucia. They both have hot bodies, especially Kate with her long legs, and perfect backside. Man I like that girl.
Ana Lucia has a tight, & hard body, beautiful skin. Her personality was harsh at first and she had PSD pretty bad, but she was a good hearted person underneath it all.
I have to add that scenes with Maggie Grace as Shannon also grabbed my complete attention.

Yeah there are plenty of other great scenes. I love the way the various back stories get dovetailed together, so many coincidences the viewer feels there is a supernatural force driving the story. As I continue to binge watch it again I will remember more.
topcat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-20-17, 12:06 AM   #12
Mr. Bill
Mostly Harmless
Squishes the Frog

Least favorite: When TPTB introduced Jacob and MIB on the beach with the wine bottle. That's when Lost went off the rails for me and Casey Jones took over the driver's seat.

Troll Gate
Please deposit $20.00

*Dimes Only*

Last edited by Mr. Bill; 04-20-17 at 04:32 PM.
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-20-17, 01:24 AM   #13
TheBigCat
SOUNDERS...erm...SEAHAWKS FTW
Carries Big Stick

Location: Green Hell, temporarily leased out to the 12th Man.

Least favorite: "Why are you pretending to be my brother?"

I was still holding out hope for an ultimately "real world" answer to the nature of the Island, that got finally stomped when Smokey physically picked up Eko and bashed him against a tree for rejecting the illusion.

Avatar and sig img courtesy of vincentstuntdbl#23
TheBigCat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-20-17, 09:53 AM   #14
J_C
Hypercreative
Talks Backwards

1) Lockes paraplegia reveal

2) The initial entry into the Swan Station

3) The Foot Statue. On first sight I thought it was so funny I truly laughed out loud. I always thought it was there just to be funny.
Old 04-20-17, 01:18 PM   #15
topcat
Follows the Cable

When Locke takes Sawyer to the Black Rock to kill his father "Cooper" aka "Tom Sawyer" and many other aliases, because Locke cannot bring himself to kill his biological father.

As with many other scenes, this one is layered with a dramatically revealed 'coincidence'; Locke's conman father, who wasted his life preying on and destroying innocent and trusting people, and who conned Locke out of a kidney, and threw him out a window 8 stories high, turns out to be the man James 'Sawyer' Ford has been looking for his whole life. He is the man who seduced his mother, conned her out of 38K dollars, leading to the murder suicide deaths of his mom and dad.
Locke's dad taunts Sawyer, shifts blame, and tries to tell Sawyer they are both dead and in hell. He refuses to finish reading the letter Sawyer wrote him as a child, tearing it up instead.
Sawyer says in his rage "so you want to go to hell?" and then strangles the old con man with the chains which bind him.
This is another great scene in which Sawyer gets to deliver long overdue justice to an evil man.
Old 04-20-17, 03:04 PM   #16
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Carries Big Stick

Great choice, yung! A great dramatic moment, and the light coming on, at that moment, was so freakin great, i bet Locke fans everywhere shit themselves just a little.

I think that scene fits in well with topcat's dislike for Locke, too. Imo, that scene is as good as any at illustrating how self-centered Locke was. Boone is dead and all John can think of is himself... his line in that scene is, "Why are you doing this to MEEEEEEEEE." Repulsive.

Disclaimer: I don't hate Locke. He had some pretty ugly moments, though, and that one is up there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-20-17, 03:13 PM   #17
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Carries Big Stick

I thought Sawyer killing Cooper was a mixed moment. Yeah, he got to get that rage off of his chest, but that kind of revenge has a way of not doing everything emotionally that the killer hopes for. It's probably Sawyer's darkest, bleakest moment. I wasn't a Sawyer fan until s5.

J_C's got a great point about Locke's paraplegia reveal. It was very early in the show and created a great mystery - it really brought the Island mystery up to the forefront, and so much of the overall plot winds up being directly traceable to it.

ETA: Oh, and topcat, i have another old club thread you might enjoy perusing. It's called the Admirers of Sweaty Kate, and it has a lot of great pics and even a couple very enjoyable animated gifs. If that sounds interesting, check it out here: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12417
Quote:
Mo, I you
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

Last edited by Mr Mo; 04-20-17 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-20-17, 03:59 PM   #18
topcat
Follows the Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post
I thought Sawyer killing Cooper was a mixed moment. Yeah, he got to get that rage off of his chest, but that kind of revenge has a way of not doing everything emotionally that the killer hopes for. It's probably Sawyer's darkest, bleakest moment. I wasn't a Sawyer fan until s5.

J_C's got a great point about Locke's paraplegia reveal. It was very early in the show and created a great mystery - it really brought the Island mystery up to the forefront, and so much of the overall plot winds up being directly traceable to it.

ETA: Oh, and topcat, i have another old club thread you might enjoy perusing. It's called the Admirers of Sweaty Kate, and it has a lot of great pics and even a couple very enjoyable animated gifs. If that sounds interesting, check it out here: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12417
Thanks for the Kate thread. I could not believe it when I read she dated Dom, but that is just because I hated hearing his voice when he played Charlie. Anyway, she has been cheating on me with other guys for so long I am over her now. LOL. but I do love to look at her.

Yeah, in real life taking revenge like that is a dark, dark, thing to do. No matter how justified it may be, the act of taking another person's life changes a person forever, so I am told. I had a great friend with much experience in this. He prayed I would never have to do that.

Locke was a great character in the show; he was central to the story. I liked him a lot of the time, though I hated him at other times. He had a kind of messianic complex with dictatorial and tyrannical overtones. His heart was good, but his mind was infected with this obsession that the good of the island superceded the rights and even the lives of people. He seemed to truly care about his friends, but thought he knew better than they did, thought he knew what was good for them, and felt justified in forcing it upon them by any means. You could say he was complicated.
He did not annoy me, as Charlie did. But there were several times I would have beaten him senseless or possibly killed him outright, as when he threw the knife into that girl's back. As I mentioned before, if he had done to me what he did to Boone, I would have put some knots on his bald head, and then told him it was for his own good and he would thank me for it. lol
Old 04-20-17, 04:23 PM   #19
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Carries Big Stick

I've never been convinced that Locke was primarily driven by his idea of what was best for the group. Unless we take the narrow view, and i think he took this view himself, that what was good for him was good for the group, because he felt that he was ultimately destined to lead. He was highly manipulative - we've recently discussed Sawyer killing Cooper, don't forget that that killing was orchestrated by Locke. I wouldn't necessarily say that he was a particularly adept manipulator, certainly not on the level of people like Juliet or Ben, or even Kate.
Quote:
Mo, I you

Old 04-20-17, 05:31 PM   #20
yung23
made Damon Lindelof say "Fermions" on TV :P
Hears the Whispers

Location: trapped in an inner product space containing a lattice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigCat View Post
Least favorite: "Why are you pretending to be my brother?"

I was still holding out hope for an ultimately "real world" answer to the nature of the Island, that got finally stomped when Smokey physically picked up Eko and bashed him against a tree for rejecting the illusion.

Oh cmon. Fermions man.
They answered everything.
Solidity in matter
Plasmonic clouds of fernionic condensates
Sheesh

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because what happened, happened" : yung23

"That's pretty cool. You manipulated the physical universe such that Damon Lindelof said the word "fermions" on national television." :#station

"Then I saw thrones, and people seated on them who were given authority to judge."

"These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them...."
yung23 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > LOST > General Discussion »