Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Community > Lostaways! :) > What's New/Chairing Under the Influence

Lostaways! :) Welcome Lostaways! Kick back, relax, and have a little fun!

Old 11-22-17, 01:40 AM   #9221
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

Re: What's New/Countdown to Thanksgiving

Not to split hares, but i think you mean Bambi's mother (eta: or more realistically, father... but i can think of only one person i've ever known who claimed to be a vegetarian and then killed a deer for food, and to be fair he put at least 4 years between them). I doubt D killed an infant and claimed it and wants to eat it but is unsure how to get it on a plane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."

Last edited by Mr Mo; 11-22-17 at 01:42 AM.
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-17, 01:53 AM   #9222
Warthawg1
The American Idle
Cons the Conman

Send a message via ICQ to Warthawg1 Send a message via AIM to Warthawg1 Send a message via MSN to Warthawg1 Send a message via Yahoo to Warthawg1
What's New/Countdown to Thanksgiving

Oh believe me... had I any idea, I would have splinted it and put a sling on it until we could have gotten to an orthopedic.

Three things happened at the ER. X-ray taken.. Doc came in and said his arm is broken, and then they put a temporary splint on it.

I received a bill for the x-ray, a bill from the doc who diagnosed it as a broken arm, and a bill for splinting it.

So my question is... what are the additional $3400 of charges up and above the other charges which have least been associated with an actual service.

Itís not even the money... I can pay the bill, but I donít enjoy paying extra money that is not justified. $3400 for breathing ER air, sitting in an ER waiting room chair, and having someone photocopy my ID and insurance information is just nuts.

I told them today I wasnít paying a dime without every penny of the bill detailed and coded, and that unless there was a satisfactory justification or reduction in charges, I was going to pay them $25 a month for the next 140 months to satisfy the debt... if they donít like that, I will contest every single thing on an itemized bill for the next year.

or they can present me something reasonable (even by medical $tandards), and Iíll pay them promptly, in full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I walk across the dreaming sands, under the pale moon...

through the dreams of countries and cities, past dreams of places long gone, and times beyond recall.
Warthawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-17, 03:33 AM   #9223
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthawg1 View Post
So my question is... what are the additional $3400 of charges up and above the other charges which have least been associated with an actual service.
That's the "If you can pay for your own family's shit then we can almost certainly get away with charging you for the shit of a family that ain't got shit" tax.

Sorry about that, but don't worry. <snip>
Quote:
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-17, 12:21 PM   #9224
brdmom
Not bird, not bored...
Carries Big Stick

Penulitimate day!
If you are traveling, best wishes for a safe trip, and stay mellow. May there be no unforeseen traffic jams.
If you are cooking, read the recipe first and confirm you have all the ingredients.
If you are gathering with family, take a deep breath when someone irritates you.
If you are having surgery (gertie!), may it go well, and may you have a speedy recovery.
If you are fortunate enough to have a full refrigerator, count your blessings.

And remember, even if you don't have white pepper, you can have a good Thanksgiving!
brdmom is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-17, 12:44 PM   #9225
Warthawg1
The American Idle
Cons the Conman

Send a message via ICQ to Warthawg1 Send a message via AIM to Warthawg1 Send a message via MSN to Warthawg1 Send a message via Yahoo to Warthawg1

Yeah... but they had white pepper.

through the dreams of countries and cities, past dreams of places long gone, and times beyond recall.
Old 11-22-17, 01:03 PM   #9226
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

Quote:
There is a large logic gap here. Large like the distance from Earth to the moon.

That word ďvegetarianĒ.. I donít think they know what it means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod of Whiskers View Post
I am an italitarian.....can eat chinese if i make it, but can eat any italian
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by azteclady View Post
I'm pretty sure fish aren't vegetables, so I'm sideeyeing the 'vegetarian' thing.

cat, I hope your niece feels better soonest.
Thank you!

They spent HOURS in the ER, which sucks after traveling from MD to MA, but the good news is we got a list of things it's NOT, so not strep, not Scarlett Fever, etc.

Bad news is the doctors aren't quite sure why she's so miserable. There are a couple things going on, but of course at 1 years old, she can't tell us exactly.

She seems to have a lot of pain in her left hip. Possibly growing pains. They had a fancy name for it.

She recently had ear tubes inserted. But those seem ok.

She has a slight fever and elevated white blood count. Urine OK though, so not a UTI.

She has a rash around mouth and diaper area. Not terrible. I think that's yeast. In my professional medical opinion.

Anyway, hopefully today is better b/c she was in a bad mood last night. Understandably.

catnap is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-17, 01:11 PM   #9227
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
You mayhaps recall me mentioning that my daughter M & her increasingly dubious boyfriend D are vegetarian. So I checked in today before shopping.

Me: Salmon still okay?

M: Yeah, salmon's fine. We have some venison, but I don't know how we'd carry that on the plane.

Me: How is having venison being vegetarian?

M: Because D killed it himself.

Me: How is it killing yourself being vegetarian?

D: Because you know where it came from.

Me: I know where bacon comes from.

D: It comes from somewhere bad. That's the point.

Me: ...

Is there a gap in logic here? I asked the guy at the fish counter, and he thinks there is in fact a gap. Also, I've gotten to know some deer twins and their mom in the neighborhood and now I'm worrying about them.

That's epic. And I think they are pescatarians (sp?) at minimum. The deer thing is baffling.

Quote:
The ER???

Donít take anyone to the ER, ever! I am still getting bills.

I told both my kids the only way one of them ever goes to the ER again is if gallons of blood is shooting out of the top of their head, and even then I may opt for a neck tourniquet.

I know, but they're not from around here and it was nighttime, so we didn't have a lot of choices.

Apparently on the trip, they called my BIL's mom, and she filled their heads with some super-scary options for why the baby was so sick but the doctors weren't finding anything (they'd already been to the dr. at home before they left). So they were freaking out by the time they got here, and honestly the baby has been mostly inconsolable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post
You can get second-hand military aid kits these days for GREAT prices, and they can handle things up to and including sucking chest wounds.

Quote:
Please put on "Bambi" before dinner.
SAVAGE

Quote:
Oh believe me... had I any idea, I would have splinted it and put a sling on it until we could have gotten to an orthopedic.

Three things happened at the ER. X-ray taken.. Doc came in and said his arm is broken, and then they put a temporary splint on it.

I received a bill for the x-ray, a bill from the doc who diagnosed it as a broken arm, and a bill for splinting it.

Itís not even the money... I can pay the bill, but I donít enjoy paying extra money that is not justified. $3400 for breathing ER air, sitting in an ER waiting room chair, and having someone photocopy my ID and insurance information is just nuts.

I told them today I wasnít paying a dime without every penny of the bill detailed and coded, and that unless there was a satisfactory justification or reduction in charges, I was going to pay them $25 a month for the next 140 months to satisfy the debt... if they donít like that, I will contest every single thing on an itemized bill for the next year.

or they can present me something reasonable (even by medical $tandards), and Iíll pay them promptly, in full.

It truly is astounding. The two broken bones we've had...the costs were astronomical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brdmom View Post
Penulitimate day!
If you are traveling, best wishes for a safe trip, and stay mellow. May there be no unforeseen traffic jams.
If you are cooking, read the recipe first and confirm you have all the ingredients.
If you are gathering with family, take a deep breath when someone irritates you.
If you are having surgery (gertie!), may it go well, and may you have a speedy recovery.
If you are fortunate enough to have a full refrigerator, count your blessings.

And remember, even if you don't have white pepper, you can have a good Thanksgiving!
Very well said, brdmom, I echo it all!

Quote:
Yeah... but they had white pepper.

They did. I found it.

It was on the fancier Organic (Wildly Expensive) McCormick spice rack.

Old 11-22-17, 01:56 PM   #9228
azteclady
Reads. Crafts. Rabble Rouses. Rants.
Hears the Whispers

The cost of medical care in the US are beyond ridiculous--the fact that families can go into debt for years due to a one time incident and insurance companies can shrug off responsibility (look at the people wounded in the Las Vegas massacre) is baffling.

Universal healthcare should be a right, period.

Fewer tanks for police departments, fewer failed military toys (F-35, anyone?), and there would be plenty of tax money to cover it, with some to spare.
Old 11-22-17, 01:57 PM   #9229
Warthawg1
The American Idle
Cons the Conman

I told you they had it.

You should have just asked someone while you were there. My wife would say you are as bad as I am about not asking for help, but see I did call them and ask.. so actually you are much worse than I am about asking.. so I just went and told her that a famous author was much worse than I am about not asking. She asked ďwho?Ē and I said Katheryn Knight... author of ďDuckgraze Harbor Pain, 1, 2, AND 3Ē and walked away flush with feelings of vindication.

That JUST happened. Iím pretty sure she hasnít moved a step since I did it.

Old 11-22-17, 02:15 PM   #9230
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

« MyMedia-Forum.com > Community > Lostaways! :) »