Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Lucifer - FOX Monday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 05-16-17, 09:05 PM   #201
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Re: Lucifer - FOX Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi View Post
Just when I was starting to believe it really was God, it turns out not to be the case. (I really like the actor who played the part and God Johnson was well cast, IMO. If you were a fan of Psych, then you recognized Timothy Omundson who used to play Lassiter on that show.)
He kept using "generalities" when referring to Luci, so I assumed he wasn't going to be God.

Now, what really got me was why he thought he was. Can you imagine wearing a belt buckle that was part of a godly weapon? Literally, OMG!

Anybody have any idea what's happening to "Mommy-dearest"? Removing that band-ade shown the holy light.

Quote:
...And Dr. Linda to the rescue as she helped Lucifer and God Johnson escape the mental institution. I really loved the scene where Lucifer gives all the patients free rein to do whatever they wanted. Lucifer and God Johnson slowly making their way through the mayhem was just perfect...
Letting Dr. Linda in on the true story maybe the best thing that's happened in this series. She represents "us", and it's nice knowing what's going on.

When Luci introduced her to "God", and she curtsied, I almost screamed. That was hilarious!

Quote:
...Interesting that Lucifer was susceptible to the drugs since Chloe was on the premises. I knew he could get wounded or killed but it never occurred to me he would also be affected by everything else as well. He could even catch the measles!
What do you think God's purpose is/was in making him susceptible to her?

Does he want him to fall in love? Does he want him to die? Does he want Luci to feel like the rest of us? Is that the lesson?
Old 05-16-17, 09:31 PM   #202
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Anybody have any idea what's happening to "Mommy-dearest"? Removing that band-ade shown the holy light
Well, it seems her human body can no longer contain her true self. What happens after that -- I don't know.

Quote:
What do you think God's purpose is/was in making him susceptible to her?
I think Chloe is the path to Lucifer's redemption. It is through her he can gain the emotional growth and insight to see forgiveness and know unselfish love.

Formerly known as clayseason1
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-17, 04:54 AM   #203
kimny72
Seeks Rescue

So glad this show is back!

I agree, Dr. Linda's insider view is a great extra angle. And yep,totally believed he was God, kinda bummed that he wasn't

So obviously the plan to return to heaven isn't going to happen as planned, since the show got renewed, LOL. But if it did, what happens to Maz? Would she get sent back to Hell, since I'm guessing she wouldn't be able to follow Luci into Heaven?

I'm a little confused about Chloe. She seems to be in love with Lucifer and open to the possibility of acting on it. But she either has to believe he's THE Lucifer, or she has to think he's a troubled man who believes he's the Devil and has ummm questionable ethics. Which is it? She's seen some borderline supernatural stuff, but maybe not enough to really believe. But either way, how exactly did she think that would work out? Don't get me wrong, I understand why she's charmed by him, but I don't think he'd be a good stepdad long term
kimny72 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-17, 08:59 AM   #204
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
But she either has to believe he's THE Lucifer, or she has to think he's a troubled man who believes he's the Devil and has ummm questionable ethics. Which is it?
No way would Chloe let THE Lucifer anywhere near Trixie. IMO, Chloe thinks Lucifer is okay but with daddy issues and expresses them as if he's THE Lucifer and daddy is God. I don't think she believes he thinks of himself as THE Lucifer 24/7.

eta: Maze -- I don't think Lucifer would stay in heaven away from Chloe even though he thinks God put her in his path (manipulation). And I think Lucifer said something to the effect of getting Mum into heaven and slamming the door shut so she couldn't get out.

Formerly known as clayseason1

Last edited by sandi; 05-19-17 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-19-17, 06:21 PM   #205
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Well, it seems her human body can no longer contain her true self. What happens after that -- I don't know...
I know we never saw Luci or Amen garner their bodies, but curious why they're not having problems?

Quote:
...I think Chloe is the path to Lucifer's redemption. It is through her he can gain the emotional growth and insight to see forgiveness and know unselfish love.
Okay, I said I wasn't going to !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimny72 View Post
...So obviously the plan to return to heaven isn't going to happen as planned, since the show got renewed, LOL. But if it did, what happens to Maz? Would she get sent back to Hell, since I'm guessing she wouldn't be able to follow Luci into Heaven?
The look on Maz's face was frightening. It's obvious she wouldn't be able to accompany him.

I like Sandi's idea, Luci wouldn't stay in Heaven. I too remember him saying he wants to throw "Mommy-Dearest" past the Pearly Gates and throw away the key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimny72 View Post
...I'm a little confused about Chloe. She seems to be in love with Lucifer and open to the possibility of acting on it. But she either has to believe he's THE Lucifer, or she has to think he's a troubled man who believes he's the Devil and has ummm questionable ethics. Which is it? She's seen some borderline supernatural stuff, but maybe not enough to really believe. But either way, how exactly did she think that would work out...
She's let him know how she feels, but what did he do about it?

He ran off and got married. Not sure she's going to put herself out there again. Just to be stepped on.
Old 05-22-17, 03:36 PM   #206
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Lucifer
S02E17, "Sympathy for the Goddess"
Monday - May 22, 2017
9/8c - FOX

Spoiler: Description and promo

Description:
"The man who had the final piece of the Flaming Sword is murdered and the piece goes missing, so Mom teams with Chloe and Lucifer to track down the killer. When Lucifer gets sidelined, Maze recruits him to help save Dr. Linda's endangered career and confronts him about the secrets he's keeping." Source
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »