Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Lucifer - FOX Monday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 06-02-17, 08:45 PM   #211
Pi-o-my
Pushes the Button

Re: Lucifer - FOX Monday

They ended a strong season with one of show’s the best episodes and a baffling mystery. Just as Lucifer says “no more going backwards” he gets blackjacked and wakes up – flashed back-wards? Is that the sun he’s peering up at, or, ahem, someone (Someone, cap S?) Those wings look glowing and fresh against the parched landscape.

If Mum visits from her formerly-empty Void, will she again take up the (still stapled and duct taped?) body of Charlotte, totally confusing Dan? And where’s Chloe, since she didn’t answer her phone when Lucifer called? At least Dr. Linda looks like she’ll recover from being “crispy” (phew!) Plus, can’t skip mentioning Dr. Trixie and Mazikeen. Quite the pair.

But where is Lucifer stranded? And who left him there?
Pi-o-my is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-17, 04:41 AM   #212
kimny72
Seeks Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi-o-my View Post
They ended a strong season with one of show’s the best episodes and a baffling mystery. Just as Lucifer says “no more going backwards” he gets blackjacked and wakes up – flashed back-wards? Is that the sun he’s peering up at, or, ahem, someone (Someone, cap S?) Those wings look glowing and fresh against the parched landscape.

If Mum visits from her formerly-empty Void, will she again take up the (still stapled and duct taped?) body of Charlotte, totally confusing Dan? And where’s Chloe, since she didn’t answer her phone when Lucifer called? At least Dr. Linda looks like she’ll recover from being “crispy” (phew!) Plus, can’t skip mentioning Dr. Trixie and Mazikeen. Quite the pair.

But where is Lucifer stranded? And who left him there?
It was a great episode, and yeah I'm baffled by the ending too. When I first saw his wings I thought maybe Dad restored them after Lucifer came to the realization that it was futile to focusing on getting revenge for the past and managed to save people by convincing mom to take a better choice. But that doesn't explain how and where he is.

There are plenty of Biblical accounts of someone wandering in the desert, parched and burnt. But they are usually stories of having to find oneself, or of punishment. Neither seems to fit, unless like you said, it is a back-in-time situation. Or perhaps they are showing a moment further in the future that next season will be moving towards.

OMG, I was frantically googling to see if Dr. Linda got another role and was leaving, I was scared for her!

I could have sworn Charlotte was dead when mom borrowed her, but maybe I'm remembering wrong? Where was she in the meantime?
kimny72 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-06-17, 10:05 PM   #213
Pi-o-my
Pushes the Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimny72 View Post
.... I could have sworn Charlotte was dead when mom borrowed her, but maybe I'm remembering wrong? Where was she in the meantime?
Yep, dead with a screwdriver stuck in her neck. It was an episode early this season, the one with "slutty dress" in the title, and Chloe caught the case, which involved the Perez cartel, the perps also involved in the finale. But I can't remember the important stuff like what Chloe et al thought happened to Charlotte's body. There were a couple of additional corpses at the scene (assuming I can remember that) so maybe that's what the case-of-the-week centered on.

I'm guessing that Real Human Charlotte was in some kind of liminal space awaiting her mortal remains being freed up for the completion of her death. I guess some mechanism of it being the goddess who borrowed her body that brought her back to life. She probably has a good plastic surgeon on tap to deal with those holes in her (screwdriver) neck and (knife) stomach and she seems to have her memory intact since she remembers that her children are young.

Last edited by Pi-o-my; 06-06-17 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-10-17, 10:21 PM   #214
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
They ended a strong season with one of show’s the best episodes and a baffling mystery. Just as Lucifer says “no more going backwards” he gets blackjacked and wakes up – flashed back-wards? Is that the sun he’s peering up at, or, ahem, someone (Someone, cap S?) Those wings look glowing and fresh against the parched landscape...
Quote:
It was a great episode, and yeah I'm baffled by the ending too. When I first saw his wings I thought maybe Dad restored them after Lucifer came to the realization that it was futile to focusing on getting revenge for the past and managed to save people by convincing mom to take a better choice. But that doesn't explain how and where he is...
I thought this has been a great 2nd season as well.

I don't have a clue where Lucifer might be, but I'm more concerned with who bopped him over the head? I thought it was only Chloe who held sway with him. In her presence, he's vulnerable to "whatever", but when she's not in the picture, he's still all powerful?

Kimny, I thought it was "Daddy-dearest" who restored his wings too, but why would God want to continue to punish him? Wouldn't the return of his wings signal some type of forgiveness?

Wherever he is, it's hot as HELL (okay, I couldn't pass up this opportunity). His body was parched and burnt. Who could've done something like that? Is there another "brother" on the loose?

Quote:
...If Mum visits from her formerly-empty Void, will she again take up the (still stapled and duct taped?) body of Charlotte, totally confusing Dan? And where’s Chloe, since she didn’t answer her phone when Lucifer called? At least Dr. Linda looks like she’ll recover from being “crispy” (phew!) Plus, can’t skip mentioning Dr. Trixie and Mazikeen. Quite the pair...
Quote:
...I could have sworn Charlotte was dead when mom borrowed her, but maybe I'm remembering wrong? Where was she in the meantime?
Quote:
...OMG, I was frantically googling to see if Dr. Linda got another role and was leaving, I was scared for her!
I don't remember the episode, but she was definitely dead. Maybe, when mom occupied the body, she also "fixed" all the problems?

But, didn't Chloe mention she was initially going to the hospital, but will probably be committed to a mental hospital for amnesia?

Mommy-dearest really did a job on Dr. Linda. Can't believe she took the blame because of knowing everyone's secret.

Love the current relationship between Maz and Dr. Linda. Loved how the former got that board member to retract his opinion on Dr. Linda's medical license.

Also loved what happened between Maz and Lucifer when she found out he was leaving her behind. Not knowing he was really going to leave mom and head back to Earth.

Also, did Amen recover all of his powers? Great how he was able to stop time while Lucifer threw mom off that pier. Speaking of pier...That was the actual Santa Monica pier they used for that scene.
Old 06-11-17, 10:42 AM   #215
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
I'm leaning towards a flashback to when Lucifer originally "fell".

Except ...

Quote:
Also, did Amen recover all of his powers? Great how he was able to stop time while Lucifer threw mom off that pier. Speaking of pier...That was the actual Santa Monica pier they used for that scene.
The restoration of at least some of Amenadiel's powers does make me wonder if Lucifer's Father has restored any of Lucifer's original powers (including wings). Is he close to redeeming himself?

I thought this was a terrific cliff-hanger for this season. I can't wait until this fall!

Formerly known as clayseason1
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-02-17, 09:02 PM   #216
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Season 3 Premiere

S03E01 - "They're Back, Aren't They?"
Monday - October 2, 2017
8/7c - FOX

Spoiler: Promo & Episode Description

After Lucifer wakes up in the middle of the desert with his wings back, he recruits the help of Chloe to help figure out what happened to him and why. They come across a crime scene that could be tied to Lucifer's kidnapping. When the Lancaster Police Department get involved, newcomer Lt. Marcus Pierce fails to make a great impression. The investigation goes awry when Lucifer finds himself in another compromising situation. Source
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-04-17, 08:25 PM   #217
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Wasn't real crazy about this premiere.

I was trying to remember were the previous episode trying so hard to be funny?

Mysterious part of the episode was how did Lucifer get his wings back? Then, the crazy man, cuts them off again, and they grew back.

Then we found out, he no longer has his "devil" face. I was really waiting for the response from Chole. I was expecting her to pass out like Dr. Linda when she saw Lucifer in the flesh, so to speak.

Missed Maz! They mentioned her, but I can't remember what they said. I hope she returns quickly. Also, no Trixie in the premiere. Last we saw both of them, Maz was babysitting Trixie.

Dan's back, and nothings changed. Except, he misses Charlotte (Lucifer's mother). He couldn't believe she forgot him.

There's a new character in town. Lt. Marcus Pierce. He's in charge of the detectives in that Division.

Got a glimpse of Ella. She's back, as cute as ever. Still too!

Amen hasn't gotten his powers back, but he has faith. Inside joke!
Old 10-09-17, 07:56 PM   #218
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

S03E02 - "The One With the Baby Carrot"
Monday - October 9, 2017
8/7c - FOX

Spoiler: Promo & Episode Description

After Lucifer removes his wings yet again, Linda becomes concerned that he is too focused on tracking down the Sinnerman and neglecting his own well-being. Tensions continue to rise between Lucifer and Chloe, but they realize they must put their differences aside to solve a case in which Lucifer takes a sudden interest. Once Detective Pierce's past is revealed, though, everyone realizes that the Sinnerman is much more dangerous than they thought. Source
Old 10-11-17, 10:06 PM   #219
Pi-o-my
Pushes the Button

The first episode had a funny title but that was about it. Hodge, I agree about the jokes being forced -- unlike previous seasons, IMO. Who thought it was ok to base a running joke on Dan having an ethinic-sounding name? The new guy is intriguing but they overdid the quirkiness of his curtness. At least we got to see Ella, even if no Mazikeen or Trixie.

But the second episode was even worse. Personal bias, but it’s terrible when an intelligent woman disparages her math abilities. (Linda actually is probably the smartest person on the show, and Amenadiel even called her wise right afterwards.) (I realize there aren’t too many impressionable little girls likely to be watching Lucifer but still.) Besides, the whole “tiny carrot” plot was ridiculous. After all that nonsense about men and self-image issues,
Spoiler: revealing the murderer
that it’s a woman who killed the comedian might have been a good idea, if there’d been any idea there.

I still have hope that the series will turn around. The scene with the girl who got a kick out of the wings appearing was pretty funny. But doesn’t his wings popping out ruin his suits? Lucifer telling Linda he could keep them under his suit – when we’d seen them just voom out --? It felt too much like the perennial problem of Hulk’s pants.*

*If that’s unfamiliar –

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/How-...lem-70515.html
Old 10-12-17, 01:05 AM   #220
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
...The new guy is intriguing but they overdid the quirkiness of his curtness...
Pi-o-my, this guy is hiding something.

Could he be the dreaded "The Sinner"? The guy who paid to have Lucifer kidnapped?

Quote:
...But the second episode was even worse. Personal bias, but it’s terrible when an intelligent woman disparages her math abilities. (Linda actually is probably the smartest person on the show, and Amenadiel even called her wise right afterwards.)
Am I the only person who felt Dr. Linda was making herself available to Amen?

Last edited by Hodgepodge; 10-12-17 at 08:30 PM.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »