Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Survivor > Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers

Old 10-03-17, 11:41 PM   #31
Mattie
Cons the Conman

Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers

Yes I agree it really does become so much more about luck, if you do too many swaps. Too many idols.

Cirie, arguably one of the best social players in Survivor history went home without any votes because she DIDNT have an idol or advantage? How is that at all fair? Send them all back to camp, tribal over. Game continues as normal, drama from the votes aside... How they ever settled on that is beyond me.

A tribal swap killed Sandra last season. It’s killed many a great players. But super idols have the potential to do the literal worst and potentially this open jury nonsense. It removes SO LICH of the nuance of Survivor, and as a psychology-based jury confrontation at the end, that used to be important. I really can’t overstate enough how much I hate the new jury format.

"madness, and then illumination"
orson scott card
http://instagram.com/towhateverend
Mattie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-04-17, 06:13 PM   #32
Mr. Bill
Mostly Harmless
Squishes the Frog

Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers
S35E02, "I'm a Wild Banshee"
Wednesday October 4, 2017 @ 8/7c on CBS

Spoiler: Episode Description

"Two castaways find a clue and begin searching for a coveted idol; one player's annoying behavior threatens to jeopardize their game; a romance blossoms between a pair of Healers."
LINK
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-04-17, 09:34 PM   #33
Zaphod of Whiskers
We are the dreamers of dreams
Stares Down Smokey

Location: You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

i like the idea of tribe swaps, as it keeps good players from becoming too complacent on their initial tribes (ie Sandra.)

I do NOT like the random weirdness of a super idol, nor do i like idols being spread about like dandelions. keep them more RARE, harder to find, something special - not a gimme for each episode. if you need to go a weird idol concept, do a dual idol - you can immunize yourself PLUS one other person.

Should have taken warning, it's just
People ignoring
Running, hiding, lost
You can't find, find a place to go, so it's
Red skies at night
Zaphod of Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-04-17, 10:26 PM   #34
Dark Side Of The Moon
Seeks Rescue

Or, they could issue fake idols (as opposed to the chintzy looking ones that the players make). The player finding it could give it to someone who would now think they are safe.

Or, instead of hiding idols, hide small stashes of food or other rations that only the player finding them can use.

Or, they could hide a fire burning kit (or something of that ilk) and in case of a tie, the player finding it could either use it or give it to another player to use.

I like the eliminate a vote/juror awards as well as the extra vote award.

They could hide the promise of a cash award, but it would only be redeemable if the player finding it makes to a certain point... or whatever parameters they want to put on it. Maybe they could make such an award partially transferable to help the player finding it make deals and navigate the landscape.

There're so many little things they could add that would enhance the game play without utterly destroying the integrity of the game. Instead we get exile island competitions and a bazillion immunity idols, which neither the purists of the game nor the drama seekers like me enjoy all that much.
Dark Side Of The Moon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-17, 07:45 PM   #35
Mr. Bill
Mostly Harmless
Squishes the Frog

Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers
S35E03, "My Kisses Are Very Private"
Wednesday October 11, 2017 @ 8/7c on CBS

Spoiler: Episode Description

"One castaway's romantic feelings for another tribemate may cause them to spill secrets, and another player's lack of social skills threatens their game."
LINK
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-12-17, 03:43 AM   #36
Mattie
Cons the Conman

anybody else waiting to see how Cole telling literally everybody except Mike that Joe had the idol comes into play in this tribe swap? My guess is it blows up majorly because many people can’t keep secrets like that and then others will get nervous and fill in Joe about the previous blindside plan. Or not...but my guess is that they panic and do.

orson scott card
Old 10-12-17, 02:33 PM   #37
Warthawg1
The American Idle
Cons the Conman

Send a message via ICQ to Warthawg1 Send a message via AIM to Warthawg1 Send a message via MSN to Warthawg1 Send a message via Yahoo to Warthawg1

He needs a lot of advice from his older and mush wiser girlfriend. She was absolutely right about how he shouldn't have told everyone about it.

It's going to blow up.

Those HII's wield too much power. People crap themselves when they think others have them and often are too scared by them to do anything to out the idol or blindside its holder.

I walk across the dreaming sands, under the pale moon...

through the dreams of countries and cities, past dreams of places long gone, and times beyond recall.
Warthawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-12-17, 05:14 PM   #38
Mattie
Cons the Conman

Yeah, very few players take the risky way to idols. I think if I was out there and I knew who had it, I’d be good. It’s NOT knowing who has it that can totally tank your game. Then depending on who has it you can kinda guess if they’d ever use it for another, based on their personality, are they safe, shy, want it for themselves?

These youngins seem like mostly recruits. They are so short-sighted, it took Cole like what...1 day to flip on Joe and tell everybody? I don’t disagree with his reasonings, he’s got Joe pegged as the dubvious schemer that he is...but why tell EVERYONE? And so early before you know if you’ve even lost the immunity? I just...

orson scott card
Old 10-12-17, 07:14 PM   #39
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Breakout Champion! Jail Escaper Champion! Billiards Champion! Luigis Revenge Interactive Champion! Pool Jam - 10 Minute Game Champion! Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing v2 Champion! Mario`s Time Attack Champion! 3D Superball Champion! Some Puzzle Champion! WolfN'swinE Champion! Super Flash Mario Bros Champion! 1992 Champion! Power Driver 2.0 Champion! Plankton`s Revenge Pinball Champion! Penguin's Revenge Champion! Block Buster Champion! Pinboliada Champion! Elite Mahjong Full Champion! YetiSports 8 - Jungle Swing v32 Champion! Glum Ball Glumballs Champion! Glum Ball_v32 Champion! Yeti Puzzlekick Champion! Mahjongg Alchemy Champion! Glum Ball Champion! Yeti Sports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion! Skee Ball Champion! Sacred Symbols Normal Champion! X-Training Champion! Crash Bandicoot Champion! Bubble King Champion! Power Arrow Very Hard Champion! Power Arrow Medium Champion! Power Arrow Hard Champion! Blood Red Champion! Marble Roller - Easy Champion! The Red Dwarf Champion! Rocket Man Easy Champion! Volvo Motor Factory Champion! 7 Seas Estates v32 BuZZ Champion! Bad Adebayor Champion! Zball Champion! Bloons Junior Champion! MatchIt 2 v2.0 Champion! Vacation Blues Champion! Bucketball 2 Champion! Beard O Kills Champion! Pigeon Hunter Champion! Planarity Champion! Attraction Champion! Chap Hai Champion! Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion! What is the Color? Champion! Red and Blue Champion! BLOSICS 2 Champion! Dupligon Champion! Trapr Champion!

I get the impression Patrick is a sociopath. That guy is dangerous in the real world.
FrodoFraggins is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-12-17, 07:44 PM   #40
Mattie
Cons the Conman

Said the exact same on another site. And someone else said they expect to see him shoot up a movie theater in 10 years.

If you rewatch the tribal, when he’s telling Jeff about his behavior, it’s like he’s reading a TelePrompTer, no emotion and every word is flatline. It isn’t normal, IMO. Lol but I play a doctor on the internet.

orson scott card
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Survivor »