This thread may seem crazy to some people, but I think Lost is somewhat based on CERN. The last time I watched Lost was years ago and so my memory is fuzzy. However here are some similarities I have noticed:
- In lost The Man in Black (which some might argue is a Statan-like character) explained that the 8-spoked wheel "mixed electromagnetism with water, which would allow him to escape the island, and also cause time-travel"
. The 8-spoked wheel was later used to manipulate time and space. The 8-spoked wheel is the "Wheel of Time", where time and space are said to be "Interwoven" (often referred to as the Kalachakra). Interestingly, Tesla's Wheel also has 8-spokes/points.
- The Large Hadron Collider at CERN has 8-spokes (Atlas) and uses superconducting electromagnets which are essentially "mixed"
with water and liquid-helium to keep things at low temperatures. Also the director of CERN said they might open up doorways to "other dimensions"
, which is a passage in time and space.
- THE Dharma Initiative logo looks like CERN's electromagnets. This is also a very similar image to the Mayan "Serpent Rope" upon which the Mayans said that Quetzalcoatl (who some think was actually Satan) emerged. Mayan scholor John Jenkins actually replaces the term Serpent Rope with the modern-day interpretation of a dimensional "worm-hole".
- People are saying that CERN want to open a doorway to the abyss (Hell), thereby unleashing Satan/the anti-Christ, and other demonic entities. Quote from Wika: "Ultimately, Lost was the story of how the balance of Hell was upset when some still-living scientists (The DHARMA Initiative) found a way to travel to Hell to study it and thereby nearly unleashed the Devil himself upon the world"
- DHARMA Initiative construct their scientific facilities deep underground like CERN.
- In Daniel's Notebook in Lost, there are references to the Kerr-Metric, which supposedly describes "the geometry of space-time around a rotating massive body, also known as a black-hole"
, and the Lorentz Invariance, which is ostensibly a "key property of space-time"
. These happen to be areas of research that CERN-scientists at the LHC are involved in.
* The idea that CERN may want to unleash demonic entities onto the Earth may seem ridiculous, but when one investigates CERN, it gets crazy. The town in France where CERN is located is "Saint-Genus-Poilly". The name Pouilly comes from the Latin "Appolliacum" and it is believed that in Roman times a temple existed in honour of Apollo and the people who lived there believed that it was the gateway to the underworld. CERN's name is an abbreviation of Cernunnos; the god of the underworld, whose image was later adopted by Christians for Satan. CERN have a 666 in their logo and Satanic-worshipping ceremonies have taken place next to CERN with Satan emerging from a portal (attended by world-leaders) that you can watch on YouTube. CERN have Sheva the God of Destruction outside their HQ, and have performed weird "Dances of Destruction" that you can watch on YouTube. They admit they want to open up doorways to other dimensions and they even name some of their projects "Satan". Oh, and there's a photo of them holding a key to the bottomless pit. The weirdness with CERN just goes on and on.
Are there any other connections between Lost and CERN or do you think this is stretching it?