Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > This Is Us - NBC Tuesday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 03-09-17, 05:21 PM   #111
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Re: This Is Us - NBC Tuesday

Quote:
William was the greatest grandfather ever, except for mine. Allowing his granddaughters to oversee his memorial. Watching 'Beth give his eulogy was one of those tough moments. I also thought it was great for Randall to give her the mic.
Allowing his granddaughters to oversee his memorial was brilliant. It gave them the chance for closure while remembering all the fun things. And when Randall gave his wife the mic, that's when my tears started in this episode.

Quote:
It was also nice that the whole family showed up. We all know how Kevin can become self-involved. Speaking of Kevin, curious what he's going to do about the movie offer on the left-coast. With Ron Howard directing, he could be missing a golden chance if he doesn't take it. But, there's a chance he could loose his relationship with his ex-wife.
That's the question isn't it. Kevin just finished telling Sophie, he came to New York for her and he wasn't leaving, not matter how long it takes. He will lose Sophie if he leaves because that will show her his career is more important to him than their relationship. He needs to find a way to do both.

Formerly known as clayseason1
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-09-17, 07:10 PM   #112
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi View Post
...That's the question isn't it. Kevin just finished telling Sophie, he came to New York for her and he wasn't leaving, not matter how long it takes. He will lose Sophie if he leaves because that will show her his career is more important to him than their relationship. He needs to find a way to do both.
Got'a believe she'd acquiesce if she found out. And, I'm curious how TPTB are going to play this.

If he tells her of the opportunity, he's a jerk and he doesn't deserve her. If she finds out thru another source, she'll tell him to go, or she'll break off the relationship, so he can go.
Old 03-14-17, 08:45 PM   #113
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

This Is Us - Season Finale
S01E18, "Moonshadow"
Tuesday - March 14, 2017
9/8c - NBC

Spoiler: Episode Description & Promo

"In the first-season finale, Jack heads to Cleveland to make things right with Rebecca on the night of her first big gig with the band. Then, Randall, Kate and Kevin make big decisions about their futures." Source
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-14-17, 11:23 PM   #114
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

So, you like watching a grown man cry?
Old 03-15-17, 05:15 PM   #115
KevinNU7
Pushes the Button

Just kill this guy already. The tease is getting annoying.
KevinNU7 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-17, 06:40 PM   #116
Vickie
The Roaming Penguin
Trajan
Squishes the Frog

Send a message via Yahoo to Vickie

I kinda agree with that...LOL. Nothing against Milo but I am over Jack already, we all know he dies so let's just get through it.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-17, 06:43 PM   #117
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7 View Post
Just kill this guy already. The tease is getting annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie View Post
I kinda agree with that...LOL. Nothing against Milo but I am over Jack already, we all know he dies so let's just get through it.
Both of you, take that back.
Old 03-15-17, 08:22 PM   #118
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt

I love Jack. He is awesome. Like him way better than Rebecca. Wish they had killed her off, and left Jack as a single dad. But they got stuck with surly, resentful, didn't love being a stay-at-home mom Rebecca. And the kids all felt it, and have issues with her over it too.

Jack was the hero dad to his kids because he had to go to work, and didn't get to be with his kids as much as he wanted--and they knew it. And they didn't have a great relationship with their mom because she was the one there--but really didn't want to be--and they knew it. Grass is always greener I guess.

As to the finale, Jack was a jerk to get drunk and punch the guy even though he deserved it. Made a pass at his wife--he deserved to get punched. His drinking was an escape for him, and it is a legit problem because he was hiding from issues with Rebecca he didn't want to confront. But Rebecca was in denial about the whole band trip all along. What she really wanted from it, who knows. Fulfillment? Ego boost? I dunno. Being a stay at home mom can be a thankless job, but to go on Tour with a cover band at her age is odd. It is not a career move, it's a personal move because that band is going nowhere.

The next morning juxtaposition was the usual though. Rebecca was blunt and a bit cold. Jack was more warm and conciliatory. Jack blew it, but Rebecca had things to apologize over too. Her not wanting them to apologize and try to make things right that morning was a mistake. Splitting up was pretty lame though. One fight and he moves out? I don't get it.

Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Last edited by Lawboy; 03-15-17 at 08:25 PM.
Lawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-17, 03:39 AM   #119
brdmom
Not bird, not bored...
Carries Big Stick

I've only read this thread up to episode 5 - I just started watching This Is Us a few days ago, and I am completely hooked. What a great show!! And Hodge and Sandi, I'm enjoying reading your commentary as we go along.

In Episode 4, I loved Kevin's line to William - "Of course you know what to say, you are the wise owl in the Pixar movie!"
brdmom is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-17, 07:45 PM   #120
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Oh Brdmom, its such a great series, I'm actually sorry its on hiatus. But, it does give you a chance to catch up before the 2nd season starts. Not sure when that maybe, but we'll post whatever info in the thread.

One more thing, I've got a great deal on several cases of Kleenex if you need them. Now that I think about it, I probably should keep them near just in case I want to rewatch the first season.

I was kind'a disappointed with the season finale. We've been prepped for so long, not to get what we were promised.

Lawboy encapsulated my feelings about the "substance" of the episode. I thought it was ironic, Rebecca was trying to get back home while Jack was trying to see the act.

I think Rebecca was right about the drinking. He stopped "cold-turkey" for fifteen months only to go back that one evening. Jack has other issues.

I also think we have to take into consideration the time of Jack and Rebecca's marriage. We're talking about the '80s, right? Yeah, wife's stayed at home raising the kids, while husbands went out in the workforce.