Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > LOST > LOST Theories > + QH/Homoplasmates & Z2 QUANTUM NUMBERS

LOST Theories So you think you know some secrets of the island? Maybe you can explain everything. If it's original and you can back it up, we'd love to hear it.

Old 03-06-06, 07:22 PM   #11
Homer Noodleman
Hog Farmer to the Stars
Hears the Whispers

Re: Homoplasmates and The Quantum Hologram

IMHO, this is a duplicate thread.

Zombie => <= Human
Researcher for ASK, Admirers of Sweaty Kate
Founder of the Mock the Locke Society
My name is Homer an I embrace the Triangle from Hell
Homer Noodleman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-06-06, 07:23 PM   #12
SageTemple
Burned the Raft

You sir, suffer from Analysis Paralysis. You have created a world far more complex than anyone on the lost writing team has.

I'm bothered by the mention that you scissor out critical thought on your ideas and call it progress.

I could buy the bunker holding a semi sentient being that is the penultimate result of the research. That would be sellable to a majority, if spun properly. But the quasi-science and the quantum babble puts Micheal Crichton to shame.

You and that lacenaire guy should go bowling.

I think the problem you're finding is twofold --

1. You just don't know where to quit -- you had a plausable answer and you just didn't stop.

2. You are missing that behind the 4th wall is an audience that must understand the resolution -- ABC is not banking on a .00001% of the audience getting some scientific satisfaction.
SageTemple is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-06-06, 07:40 PM   #13
yung23
made Damon Lindelof say "Fermions" on TV :P
Hears the Whispers

Location: trapped in an inner product space containing a lattice

i dont scissor out anything based on problems with the theory.
the other thread was cluttered by rants and the thread itself was pushed into hilbert space
then Sarahr cut and pasted a new one on my behalf, on her own will.

neil simply feels I still have not answered his minor problem with the "islands" vile being too far south.
Spoiler: neil, dont YOU read this. jk. I can play too buddy.

(and he's a little pissy I may have found something to the big dipper afterall .. N. )

Last edited by yung23; 03-06-06 at 09:00 PM.
yung23 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-06-06, 07:54 PM   #14
bearofacoincidence
Wasn't on the List

yung, I was wondering whether in your opinion the experiment or speed up human evolution is still being controlled by the Hanso organization or if it is completely out of their control? Many people have spouted off reasons in which the Hanso organization have brought these people together for the experiment but your theory is interesting because it does not require this.

Also, the code which is repeatedly entered in the swan station being a cloaking device for the project would explain why Kelvin claims "oh ... just saving the world" potentially releasing a sort of disease which could spread through human evolution.

Although I do agree with Sage when you get into the Hilbert Space stuff it's getting a quite a bit far fetched, I still think clues could be within the series which are more sophisticated than the eventual explanation would have to be for television. For instance, literary references or books themselves have appeared throughout the series as an indication of what turns the plot will take next in the series. Ex.) Watership Down is read before Sawyer leaves on Boat to find other survivors and convinces them to leave their "down" or camp. Therefore, Mathematical clues and clues refrencing obscure scientific theories may exist as important parts of the puzzle as well.

Furthermore, I'd like to ask you one more question about the button? What would happen if the people failed to press it and just let the heiryloglyphics do their thing? There seems to be many references to eterninty in the hatch and it drives people to almost a living hell to press it continually. I keep wondering like Jack if it is more counter-productive than productive. I would be very interested to hear your thoughts
Old 03-06-06, 08:19 PM   #15
lacenaire
Sees Walt

Hi, yung.
A couple suggestions.
1. Apollo has also a ying-yang type connection with his TWIN sister Artemis.
He is the light, the sun, the civilized; she is the night, the moon, the savage.

This is from a Roman mosaic in Ampuries, Spain.
THe original is polychrome but the two brothers are represented in BLACK AND WHITE. Apollo is the white, Artemis the black.

2. From the logistics of JP. Farmer's Riverworld
a) Arcturus: This is the planet of origin of the civilization that setup the Wathan collector on Earth.

b) The nature of a Wathan: It's a magnetic-plasmatic receptacle of individuality (aka "soul"). It can be infused into empty shells (=bodies) in a process called "translation".
AutHORIzEd

Last edited by lacenaire; 03-06-06 at 08:25 PM.
lacenaire is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-06-06, 08:20 PM   #16
yung23
Hears the Whispers

I do know the hilbert space stuff is crazy, but I do sense an "other" dimension thing going on.

I was merely exploring it.

sidenote : Hows this for odd synchroncity ?

Most of this theory was unknowingly most of Philip K Dicks work.
the guy was a nut lets face it. I had no idea till the other night it was his Apollo evolution info.

Today, on the bus I opened up a free Toronto newspaper, not 24 but the other one....
anyway, on page five, for no apparent reason, there was an entire article on Philip K dick !

it even mentioned his novel VALIS...

it was just odd timing. (or good planning )

& I do hope we eventually see Sawyer reading something of his work.
it would really help this thoery.

As for the button pushing.

If "it dies" is to be taken as is, then it could mean the Apollo part of this homoplasmate dies, and this bad half is allowed to become its own self.

but it's just another crazy theory.. this is all speculation I dont know why so many have a problem with me posting my thoughts.

I have no more info to go on than any other fan, but I do have quite an active imagination..

Lost has inspired me, first in 3d, now in thoery.

I do wish to read some riverworld and Philip K dick.

I love sci-fi. this show fits sci-fi.

most sci-fi goes really deep & I always thought Star Trek copped out explaining stuff, and they had manuals written by scientists and theorists etc.

I bet lost has the same sort of team somewhere...

maybe right here.

I dont want to step on feet in here, I love this forum.

also, as for who brought these people to the island..

what if it was Apollo doing it mentally from his cell ?
Even Dharma would be unaware of the massive connections these people have, they needed a list to know who was who !

this being seems to be contacting Locke and Claire, and charlie.. warning them & directing their behaviour.

I think it has made these co-incidences happen using its perception" to go to other possiblities in spacetime, making them come to the surface so to speak.

Last edited by yung23; 03-06-06 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-06-06, 08:21 PM   #17
yung23
Hears the Whispers

LACE, that helps things, bless you. fellow dreamer.

and BEAR, it is still in their control, somewhat, they may be trying to do it again usign Aaron, and Walt before him.
walt did not take to the experiments as hoped. or it takes time to do it..

All to purge the system using a perfect Hybrid. the saviour kind.

Last edited by yung23; 03-06-06 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-06-06, 08:26 PM   #18
NeillT006
We Barefootin'
Sees Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by island_maverick
How predictable. First Lostmio, then Neill. Just need one or two more of the 'regulars' to drop by and we'll have a veritible spleen venting convention.

Almost as predictable that someone would get into a snit and kick it off by the always popular us vs them approach to life. Look, I am sorry you feel inferior. There is nothing I can do about it. But, what ever you are feeling is entirely self inflicted, and has nothing to do with me.

Seriously folks, don't you get tired of coming in on yung's threads just to slag the guy off? It really is very tired behaviour - your feelings of self importance were no doubt in need of a re-charge.

I have known Yung much longer than I have known most people on this board. How we choose to relate, or even quarrel, really is none of your business, is it?

Do you always feel the need to state the obvious?

....eh?....."a comfy new quilt"......corrupting the English language by using throw-away statements out of context really give your posts extra gravitas......and you've got the nerve to tell yung his threads are BS.

Sounds kinky. And you, Neill, of all people.

And you are....?.......the nominated 'Thread Adjudicator'...? There's plenty of other equally 'irrelevant' threads to adjudicate on, why not be consistent.

There are those I follow and for whom I have expectations.

For others, I have no such expectations.

I have alternately championed and quarreled with Yung all along the way. Maybe if you weren't so busy looking for imagined slights you would have noticed this.

Then let them post again, in this thread. If they're as anally retentive as you appear to be, they'll enjoy the opportunity to snipe at yung again.

No, why should they have to post again. And why should I have to recreate for the Nth time the status of the development of the ideas and thoughts at question here. Looking for some order and integrety is hardly anal retentive.

Neill, you want to be taken seriously? Well, eliminate the need to lecture yung about his threads. I know you're old, but he's not your son.

Oh, so you want I go put on a cheerleader's skirt?

Can I borrow one of your extras?

From what I can see, yung has:

1. spliced together old posts/threads
2. added some recent new information/ideas that are scattered around various threads (from his own and other people's threads)
3. added some new new information of his own
4. responded to a request by Jeff at Ent. Weekly to summarise the ideas
5. responded to requests from other forum members to start a new thread summarising the ideas

and ignored several requests not to overlook already posted criticisms and questions.

Debate is what makes this forum the great place it is. Yung's ideas would not have evolved without positive and negative feedback posts. They are both needed. However, fairly spineless snipes at his enthusiastic efforts do not make particularly pleasant reading, nor should I feel compelled to come to his defence, again, now.

Why not post in with something constructive, rather than dismissive or patronising.

My point exactly. I have.

Or for Lostmio's benefit: Show the dog it was wrong, don't just kick it. (Sorry, but I don't find mangling the English language as easy as you appear to.)

Guilty Ruminant
NeillT006 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-06-06, 08:27 PM   #19
lacenaire
Sees Walt

The Science of Star Trek

Quote:
the antimatter (frozen anti-hydrogen) is handled with magneti c fields, and never allowed to touch normal matter, or KA-BOOM!
Did I just see a tree go puff???
AutHORIzEd

Last edited by lacenaire; 03-06-06 at 08:31 PM.
lacenaire is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-06-06, 08:37 PM   #20
yung23
Hears the Whispers

please no fighting or crap in this thread. I am keeping my cool.

I will start a "rant at yung" thread for that in lostways alright ?

nice lace, i always wanted to have that handy.

too bad Star Trek is gone forever.

seven of nine, I miss you dearly.

and Neil, do you have any questions this round ?

I fixed the vile problem, i think, this space is reflected/ mirrored from the tip of another.
in my research there was something to parallel lines near the equator, reversing when they cross.
it may be too deep to answer with though.

I really hope we eventually get to see some other computers, perhaps displaying the sphere with its viles.

I am trying to build this myself right now in 3d. I am also trying to add the constellations around the solar system,and put the sun at right distance from the earth (108 times the diameter of the earth) and the moon 108 times the diameter..

its getting very confusing to do in 3d.

Last edited by yung23; 04-08-06 at 09:45 PM.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > LOST > LOST Theories »