Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Sports > Sports Discussion > College Basketball

Sports Discussion 42! 23! 16! ...wait.

Old 06-19-06, 03:57 PM   #11
solat
Talks Backwards

Re: College Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanbong
I don't know if any Tarheels fans are on the board, but this years' recruitment was sick. Duke has lost their most valued players and they are planning on rebuilding next year (08'). Tarheels may just go all the way this year with who they have picked up. NC State has got a couple years to rebuild under Sidney Lowe (assistant for Detriot Pistons). BC looks promising as always. UCONN will be great this season it looks like, and UK never fails to do damage as well. Should be an overall great season.
Oh, I'm UNC alumni... it's going to be an awesome year - tentatively, I'll say they are definately going to the final four.

solat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-20-06, 10:19 PM   #12
BubbleBoy13
Talks Backwards

Send a message via AIM to BubbleBoy13 Send a message via MSN to BubbleBoy13 Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleBoy13

UK hopefully will do good this year, but we've lost Rondo, Azabuke, Sparks, Aileen, and lots more. All we got good left is Morris, and the only time he did anything was when Rondo fed him the ball down the middle and he dunked it. yeah he can sink a couple of fg's and hit a couple of 3's, but hes no where near Sparks, who helped us come back by alot in the second half of the UK vs. Uconn game in the 2nd round. UCONN is a really good team, and I'll be rooting for them if they don't get anywhere near UK.
BubbleBoy13 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-20-06, 11:03 PM   #13
solat
Talks Backwards

I like both of those teams - Tubby Smith and Jim Calhoun are both really respectable coaches. I just don't like them so much if they match up with my Heels in the tournament.

Old 06-20-06, 11:25 PM   #14
Sweet Doo
*emotes*
Sees Walt

Send a message via AIM to Sweet Doo Send a message via Skype™ to Sweet Doo

Didn't LSU only use the one player? The point guard, can't remember his name. He was really good, but they still have a lot of talent/athleticism.

I LOSE!!!
Sweet Doo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-20-06, 11:48 PM   #15
Elrond
Wasn't on the List

UK will never acheive more than a regional final under O.T.S. He has turned our proud program into an embarrassment. Until he is gone UK will be a has been.

DRAIN THE TUB!
Elrond is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-20-06, 11:54 PM   #16
imjusthatawsum
Talks Backwards

Send a message via AIM to imjusthatawsum Send a message via Yahoo to imjusthatawsum

Sorry, UK isn't gonna be very good this year, dont ask why, they just wont.
Old 06-20-06, 11:54 PM   #17
solat
Talks Backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrond
UK will never acheive more than a regional final under O.T.S. He has turned our proud program into an embarrassment. Until he is gone UK will be a has been.
Didn't he win a National Championship...

Old 06-21-06, 12:57 AM   #18
Elrond
Wasn't on the List

Yes he did and so have other coaches who have been shown the door. I thank him for that win and he has been a good face for the program but now is the time for a new face and a new style. Look at the avg. points per game of the last 6 or 7 ncaa champs and it is much higher than UK. The awe of UK is gone.The Cats are coming off an abysmal 22-13 campaign, which included five, yes I said five, losses at Rupp Arena last season. Now, you can defend Tubby Smith to me until you’re blue in the face, but there is no excuse for last year’s team losing five games at Rupp Arena, one of which came to a team that was winless in its previous 29 trips to Rupp - Vanderbilt.
Rick Pitino’s first Kentucky team, that went 14-14 during the 1989-’90 season, and had allegedly no talent whatsoever, went 13-2 in Rupp Arena that season. And, rest assured, Pitino didn’t have three McDonald’s All-Americans on that team either. Tubby Smith however, did have three such players last season that were can’t miss recruits coming out of high school - Randolph Morris, Rajon Rondo, and Joe Crawford. Yet, he still managed to lose five games, on what is supposed to be, the nation’s number one homecourt advantage, at Rupp Arena. Please!!!! In fact, the only season worse than last year’s record at Rupp Arena under Tubby Smith, came in Eddie Sutton’s last season at UK, in the 1988-’89 campaign, when Kentucky compiled an 8-6 mark at Rupp, and had a losing record, of 13-19 overall.Yes, isn't it wonderful that Kentucky now expects to merely COMPETE with (most) of its SEC brethren rather than expecting to stomp them into submission? Isn't it great that UK COULD be SEC runner-up instead of running away with the title? What an absolutely outstanding job The Tub is doing in Lexington!

Last edited by Elrond; 06-21-06 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-22-06, 12:29 AM   #19
BubbleBoy13
Talks Backwards

Send a message via AIM to BubbleBoy13 Send a message via MSN to BubbleBoy13 Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleBoy13

Well definately yeah Tubbs is going on a downpath, but theirs hope if these Freshman are as good as some of the old players from the 90's and the early 21st century. I don't expect them to go all the way, because Kentucky ain't that good. And they could've at least gotten to the sweet 16, but UConn was too good.

But dude, chill out. Basketball is a sport, not something you can get all steamed up about and start badmouthing coaches and records. I created this thread so we could speculate nicely on some teams, not blow out others teams with records and stuff. Chill.
BubbleBoy13 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-22-06, 02:02 AM   #20
Elrond
Wasn't on the List

I have a very strong passion for UK! Born and raised bleeding blue and a UK alum. I'm just really alarmed where our program is going. The 26 point loss to IU was down right embarrassing and the humiliation Kansas gave us on national TV was awful. I'm just saying that OTS has to go. The stats are to back up that OTS is not worth 2.4 million a year we are paying him. I'm not trying to blow out other teams with records just showing how bad we have become. This is in response to the "tubby won a championship" quote. I'm saying thank you, you did a wonderful job that year and outcoached coach K in the regional final, but everything changes and now is that time for UK. We are losing the top recruits every year.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Sports > Sports Discussion »