Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > LOST > LOST Theories > + Philadelphia Experiment Island

LOST Theories So you think you know some secrets of the island? Maybe you can explain everything. If it's original and you can back it up, we'd love to hear it.

Old 10-04-04, 06:01 PM   #11
tx77

Re: My long awaited new theory-Philedelphia Experiment Islan

Yes Michael Pare, is a total 80's Hottie what ever happend to him, i think he was on Hope Floats
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-04-04, 06:20 PM   #12
JacksGirlfriend
Captain of the Black Rock
Hears the Whispers

The men are totally going to hate us for discussing Michael Pare in this forum. I shouldn't have brought him up but I couldn't resist. Eddie and the Cruisers rocked (but forget I said that - any other Michael Pare talk should be elsewhere).

JacksGirl
JacksGirlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-04-04, 06:43 PM   #13
tx77

You are right that is too funny.... Have a good one Jacks Girl

Dennis
Old 10-04-04, 09:47 PM   #14
yung23
made Damon Lindelof say "Fermions" on TV :P
Hears the Whispers

Location: trapped in an inner product space containing a lattice

Just got home. way to go max and pinnerman, I was waiting for that.. never occured to me..Though I do remember the movie having a rumor of it being a true story.. I loved the guy inb the deck..You know what ..X-files did the same damn story..using an elephant too !!
Anyone rememebr that one?
yung23 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-04-04, 09:58 PM   #15
RedShirt

? i believe I read that the island was said to have been around for thousands and thousands and thousands of years, if it’s a Philedelphia Experiment island then who was around that far back to do it?? I get the impression that the island has been “keeping” souvenirs people/animals for a long time. Perhaps it’s a natural effect, that’s causes magnetic/electrical disturbances, helping it to remain “lost” to far away detection, and if your close enough to detect it, then you close enough to get trapped by it.

I know a lot of islands in that part of the pacific have myths of mysterious islands where they say their origins began, if I recall I think its was called mu or lemeria?? they where the atlantis of the pacific ocean. Maybe they are on mu, maybe if some of the origin myths are true and this is where life sprang from, maybe from time to time it reaches out and takes a little back LMAO
Old 10-04-04, 10:18 PM   #16
yung23
made Damon Lindelof say "Fermions" on TV :P
Hears the Whispers

Location: trapped in an inner product space containing a lattice

What if this experiment actually created the bermuda triangle phen. ? Somehow during the ex. the island phased through time/spce popping up throughout opposite polarities along the axis of the earth....I saw another pinn. link ? showing the bermuda triangle scatted systemically along the lower hemisphere.... sorry I dont have the link.. I fetch it later..
If it popped up closer to antartica it may have picked up a polar bear...and if it popped through time and space it may have picked up some mammoths !! Later it may pick up future humanoids.. advanced/evolved versions of todays humans..
or a new inhabitant of earth... wow you could go anywhere with this idea... BUt is it going to be accepted by the mainstream ?
An invisible creature, never to be seen... It still dont like to think its invisible..Boring.. Especially now that we have a program as wonderful as Maya.
yung23 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-04-04, 10:37 PM   #17
JacksGirlfriend
Hears the Whispers

Red Shirt & Yung: I like both your theories. Way more natural and up my alley.

But the island doesn't have to necessarily "pop" elsewhere. It could merely breathe and open the gate elsewhere (sorry - won't give it up no matter how brilliant others might be).

And the creature isn't necessarily invisible either. Predator-like, definitely a master of camouflage.

JacksGirl
Old 10-04-04, 10:39 PM   #18
AshenFang

The only thing that seems a bit off with it, you've already touched upon. While I haven't gone in depth to research it, wouldn't the EMP cause their tranceiver, as long as anything else electronical to be inoperable?

Which we've clearly seen that it did work, even if the batteries would eventually run out.

The big thing that didn't make any sense to me, was what the pilot said, maybe I'm just not getting it, but his little rant about what happened, I don't understand at what point they got 1,000 miles off course?

Is he saying at the six hour mark. (or there abouts) Everything went dead, they went to turn back to Figi.. but went down? Landing them 1,000 miles off course. If so.. what caused them to get so far off course to begin with.

Or is he saying, something caused everything to go wacky some 1,000 miles back, and they are off course now.. but weren't so much before.. but without the instruments they just got lost? If so, what caused everything to go bad so far away?
Old 10-04-04, 10:45 PM   #19
pinnerman
Dark Lord
Pushes the Button

Location: Near the home of the only 0-16 NFL team in history.

The EMP part, I can take it or leave it. I read about the possibility of this effect being a factor somewhere on one of the sites. Turbulence alone, plus the electromagnetic field which would affect some of the instruments could have brought the plane down. There's always the possibility that the plane just went down as a normal accident, and was unlucky enough to crash on this particular island.

On the flight, I'm not totally sure, like good writers do, they left it vague enough for all kinds of interpretation. All I know is this concept explains what the pilot meant by "No one could see us", and I think it's on purpose that he didn't say where he thought they were, just that they were off course.

By the way...
I'm wondering is I should post this on the ABC site, it might be too much for them.
pinnerman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-04-04, 10:48 PM   #20
JacksGirlfriend
Hears the Whispers

It will definitely be too much for them, but absolutely... Go for it. Maybe the more serious ones will come over here. Maybe they're trapped because they don't know what their options are. Do them a favor. Extend the invitation. They can either come over here or run for the hills. I'd want to join you if I weren't already here...

JacksGirl
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > LOST > LOST Theories »