Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > LOST > LOST Theories > + QH/Homoplasmates & Z2 QUANTUM NUMBERS

LOST Theories So you think you know some secrets of the island? Maybe you can explain everything. If it's original and you can back it up, we'd love to hear it.

Old 04-08-06, 05:52 PM   #501
island_maverick
Robot In Disguise
Stares Down Smokey

Re: QH/Homoplasmates & QUANTUM NUMBERS(101%sure)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yung23
someone here was wondering about the possiblity of time differences ?

from my quantum numbers researching... this may be the symmetry being used by our z2 quantum numbers..

Poincaré symmetry is the full symmetry of special relativity and includes
  • translations (ie, displacements) in time and space (these form the Abelian Lie group of translations on space-time)
  • rotations in space (this forms the non-Abelian Lie group of 3-dimensional rotations)
  • boosts, ie, transformations connecting two uniformly moving bodies.
Yung, I thought I would link to an old post I made about Special Relativity. It's a got a bit more flesh on the bones to help explain it.

Les Trois Islets and/or the Island could be manipulated using the principles of special relativity. If something is further away, it would been witnessed fractionally later.

Stretch how light (waves from the electromagnetic spectrum) is allowed to travel (maybe using EMF), and that fraction of lateness could be exagerated, meaning something could be witnessed at a totally different time. Something could be tuned to phase in and out of existence.

Further layman-ish explanations in this post:
http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=401154&postcount=223

mav.
island_maverick is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-08-06, 06:01 PM   #502
PandoraX
BANNED
Talks Backwards

Hey yung et al; I know we have a lot of math/quantum physics guys in here... so I thought I would note in here that I need your help. I started a separate thread on the formulas in the map, and pulled out high res shots of them. Wondering if the engineers/math/physics guys could please take a look and help out. Thanks.

http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=502338
PandoraX is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-06, 05:22 PM   #503
lacenaire
Sees Walt

In Misadjustment (1954) P.K. Dick proposes a world in which a race of mutants, called "ParaKinetics" (PK, like his name) are under surveillance by a random control network run by female agents inmune to the "sickness".

The psionic powers are in fact described as a mental sickness and the ParaKinetics are "lunatics with the power to reproduce their delirious systems in space-time", for which they transform a limited zone around them that follows their excentric concepts.

As one of the characters explains to the protagonist: The ParaKinetics actively recreates his delirium. And for that reason, it's not a delirium..., unless you can detach yourself from their deformed zone and compare it with the real world.

How can a ParaKinetic achieve that? There is no definate pattern. He cannot detach from the zone that follows him. The really dangerous parakinetics are the ones who think that everyone can animate stones, transform into animals or transmutate basic minerals.

If we allow a parakinetic to escape, if he's allowed to mature, procreate and form a family, get married and have children, if we allow this paranormal ability to spread..., if it turns into a cult, it will turn into a socially sanctioned practice.

Is Apollo parakinetic?
AutHORIzEd

Last edited by lacenaire; 04-09-06 at 09:09 PM.
lacenaire is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-06, 05:30 PM   #504
yung23
made Damon Lindelof say "Fermions" on TV :P
Hears the Whispers

Location: trapped in an inner product space containing a lattice

that would make sense seeing mav has brought up paramagnetism.

yung23 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-06, 08:36 PM   #505
PandoraX
BANNED
Talks Backwards

Well, you did it, yung, you finally guilted me into reading the whole darn thing.

I'll say this as I've now finished it. I still think that as a whole, this is not coherent as a flow of related ideas, and could be seen as rambling and needlessly complex. I'm sorry, you know I love ya, yung, but you know part of friendship is also being honest. Also, true objectivity is not just agreeing with something because you want to like it; it's that the ideas are parsimonious and make logical sense.

But enough bashing (not really my intent at all; you just know I'm a blunt person)... I liked many parts of it, and truly believe in those. If I could pick and choose, I would say:

Vile Vortices
Black Rock
Transhumanism (to a certain extent, not some of the literal interpretations, though)
Smokey as an embodiment of a homoplasmate
Hilbert Space

Your tying together of those concepts (already a plateful in themselves) is generally nicely done, and I praise you for that. The other stuff in between (some of the numerological/astrological--not all, 6 equations with the numbers/reaction, and some of the transhumanism/gnosticism literal tie-ins) I just find to be extraneous and hampering to the crux of the story you're trying to tell... they seem to want to build on it but lead to dead ends. To me, it's just like a hearty, basic stew, which is good as it is, but then the cook dumps in a whole shelf-full of herbs and spices.

Again, this has all been just IMHO; don't have to pay any heed to my opinion . I think if you were to lose some of the unnecessary baggage, and start in on writing some sci-fi with more concise explanations, I would find it entertaining reading indeed. You certainly put a lot of energy & passion into what you write about, which I can respect.

Last edited by PandoraX; 04-09-06 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-09-06, 09:07 PM   #506
SelfProjectRealized
Pushes the Button

You should read mine now Pan
SelfProjectRealized is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-06, 11:06 PM   #507
yung23
made Damon Lindelof say "Fermions" on TV :P
Hears the Whispers

Location: trapped in an inner product space containing a lattice

with all do respect SPR ; where is that one ? i would enjoy reading it.
I had never seen anyone mention quantum numbers opening a window to hilbert space before I did so.

pan,
just don't ignore my finds here, I have always said its not clear, but I did this without any equations or doormap.

all of the crazy stuff I have used, has been admittley crazy, as I stated it over and over.

but I hit upon more ideas in here than any other thread IMHO.

i have explained a lot of this show ever since discovering the quantum hologram, which I was completely thread bashed for.

all these ramblings, have begun to emerge in the show and moreso, all these new threads.
my chat with javi has thrust several new threads into the spotlight, I asked those questions to support my own ideas, not stuff I had read anywhere.

once the statements came out, kaboom.
no one can admit it, but the ideas put forth in thread have leaked into the subconscious mind of nearly every poster.
i have 18,00 views and this thread is barely a month old, the ideas are even older.most came about in my first attept thread, another heavily bashed thread. imo, people simply hate to see someone else hit upon stuff.
everyone wants their own thread. (you know more about that than anyone)lol

I was the first to state our numbers may be quantum, and now eveyone is jumping all over these exact same ideas in detail, Due to the equations.

I did all this euclidian/ hilbert space much before any hint of it came in the show.

its rambling because I think as I post, you all have watched me reach thsese conclusions in real-time, simply using the numbers.
that made it easy to jump in and pick it apart, which severly took the momemtum and positivity away from all my threads.

this is what makes me upset, people calling it rambling.
I dont know what I'm posting, Looks like i DID.

I am about to trace the history of everything I have put forth, lay it out all time based..

this thread may not have the detail of the doormap threads, but I did it without. months ago.

do not deny the inspiration this thread has created.
I have taken far too much bashing for it.

I give this place a lot of my time and energy. yet a lot make me
feel like I have been beaten up and pick pocketed.

& two stars is spite. this thread was right.
quantum hologram and the holographic universe all the way.

Last edited by yung23; 04-09-06 at 11:08 PM.
yung23 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-06, 11:13 PM   #508
PandoraX
BANNED
Talks Backwards

yung, I know you've taken a lot of bashing, and been patient with it. But again, just my personal opinions, no more no less, and totally irrespective of anyone else's opinions. If everyone else loved it or hated it, I'd still read it with an open mind. Yes, I think your theories do inspire people on searches... in a way we all inspire each other, that's why we're here. Don't be discouraged. As I said, you have many really good ideas, I just don't like them all, and I stand by that opinion.
Old 04-09-06, 11:19 PM   #509
SelfProjectRealized
Pushes the Button

Quote:
with all do respect SPR ; where is that one ? i would enjoy reading it.
I had never seen anyone mention quantum numbers opening a window to hilbert space before I did so.
Well, since you asked...

I talk about Hilbert space in my first one which is here: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7706

I didn't use the numbers in that thread, though, because I posted it after "Special" aired, so we didn't know about the numbers yet.

Then for my revised version, I took a slightly different view of the mechanism and left the Hilbert space stuff out to make it a bit simpler: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7704

Then recently I started a new thread that I was planning on expanding on and going into more up-to-date detail with (and I still plan to do that in May when my damn exams are done) but right now it's just a sort of synthesis of the basic ideas in the first two threads without going into specifics: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=15321

Although I just noticed that Pan actually did read that third one and commented on it. hehe. In response to that comment though, I agree that they'd probably never go on to explain the "natural selection" aspect of my theory, but they wouldn't have to... just the Quantum Physics stuff. I kept that aspect of the theory around, even though it's pretty flawed conceptually, mostly to distinguish it from yours.

I recently had a discussion with Xanadu in the "Visions Manifesting" thread about whether or not this would actually be all that complicated to exposit, and I don't think it would be. Here's my fake dialogue as an example of how it could be done:

HIM: Quantum physics makes it possible to do this.

JACK: What are you talking about, weirdo?

HIM: Well I'm sure you've heard the lay interpretation of chaos theory. "By observing something you change it's very nature and thus, it's impossible to know the exact values of certain things. Subatomic things."

JACK: Sure. After all, I am a man of science. But what could that possibly have to do with anything?

HIM: It has to do with everything, Jack-o! That interpretation isn't quite right. It's not that you change the nature of subatomic things by observing them. It's that you create their nature. Before you observed the speed of the electron, it didn't even have a value. Your observation literally determined the speed of the electron.

JACK: That's some wild stuff, yo.

HIM: I know, right? Anyway, on this island, I've created a particle - you've seen clouds of it. A particle so big that it allows you to determine the values of regular sized things just by observing them in a certain ways. The environment and your consciousness are literally inseparable when you're here.

JACK: You just blew my mind.

HIM: Perhaps. Or did you blow your own mind???

LOST

Last edited by SelfProjectRealized; 04-09-06 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-09-06, 11:27 PM   #510
SelfProjectRealized
Pushes the Button

By the way, I don't mean to diminish your attempts in any way. You've gone into MUCH more detail than I ever did about this stuff and I applaud everything you've done. But, with all due respect to you as well, you really weren't the first to make quantum physical connections to the show on the board.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > LOST > LOST Theories »