Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Sports > Sports Discussion > NBA/WNBA Thread

Sports Discussion 42! 23! 16! ...wait.

Old 06-20-17, 11:14 PM   #2831
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Re: NBA/WNBA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoFraggins View Post
...The good news for the celtics is that trading their #1 pick makes absolutely no sense unless they get on of say 5 or 6 players. And that simply isn't going to happen. And so they can continue adding young talent and use their money to maintain a team highly likely to stay at #2 in the east the next couple of years.
Well FF, they traded that pick. Granted, they only moved down a couple of picks, but what else did they get?

It's obvious they looked at the situation just like you did. Can they get over the hump and beat the Cavs this next year.

Trading IT away and going the route I suggested would apparently take to long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
...Mr Mo, how about Porzigis (spl) from the Knicks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post

The Knicks NEED Kristaps, And he LOVES NYC or at least does a very good job of pretending to...
Word out of New York is, Porzigis is how Jackson has dealt with its other talent (Melo), he's afraid that could happen to him as well. So, the Knicks are entertaining offers for him, and it seems he's happy about the situation.

Where's Gov? It seems there's a chance the Cavs could obtain Jimmy Butler from the Bulls. Or, could they get their hands on Paul George? Who wants to go to the Lakers. Why in the HELL would he want to do that. Where's BA? How does he feel about the possibilities now?
Old 06-20-17, 11:26 PM   #2832
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Location: toronto pride. with trudeau. i mean i wish i was...

Quote:

Where's Gov? It seems there's a chance the Cavs could obtain Jimmy Butler from the Bulls. Or, could they get their hands on Paul George? Who wants to go to the Lakers. Why in the HELL would he want to do that. Where's BA? How does he feel about the possibilities now?
I'll wait for the signatures before I spend much mental energy chasing after possibilities. Although I did read an article on MSNBC that if LBJ bolts from Cleveland (LAL was a possibility) that KIrving would ask for a trade. So it doesn't matter who comes here because if Lebron hangs it up or goes somewhere else there really is no team. So if I was someone wanting to join the Cavs because they've been to the finals the last three years, I'd make sure that the main reason for that success isn't going to slip out the back door when some newbie (from a Cavs perspective) is celebrating at the front. Unless the Cavs offer a ton of money. Then why not?
Old 06-21-17, 03:16 AM   #2833
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Carries Big Stick

Butler played with the Lakers when he was coming up in the league, which was the last time they were at all relevant. Just spitballin' here, but maybe he wants to help out the franchise that gave him his big break.

I haven't heard that Porzingas was pissed at Phil, but i cant pretend i wouldn't understand why if that was the case. For a guy with such an amazing track record of bringing Zen Winning to NBA franchises, he sure hasn't done that in NY. As much as i love MY BOY Carmelo, i really have to think that that stink belongs on his porch, but i could see Kristas disagreeing with me. Maybe LeBron will bolt for NYC; best shoe contracts in the WORLD. In LA, he'd be building a franchise out of essentially thin air; in NY he'd have a whole three-ring-circus to start with. I just confused myself with my own metaphor - is Jackson the trained bear or is it Oakley?

BA, i thought LBJ was keeping those contracts short-term to signal that he'd take a pay-cut if it could bring in another HOF level baller. Or at least that's how it's been sold to the Plain Dealer among others. I could swear i saw him go on national TV and talk about how he plans to never change his jersey again no matter what until retirement.

And can anybody explain to me why it looks like the Celtics are the only team going after Gordon Howard in Free Agency?!? He's a freaking beast, and young, and he won't chew up all your cap space! SOMEBODY WAKE UP jAMES DOLAN! A FIRE AX TO THE FACE SHOULD DO THE JOB!

*I don't actually condone violence against James Dolan, I merely hope he slips and lands face first on a fire ax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."

Last edited by Mr Mo; 06-21-17 at 03:18 AM.
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-21-17, 09:03 PM   #2834
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonian androphile View Post
I'll wait for the signatures before I spend much mental energy chasing after possibilities. Although I did read an article on MSNBC that if LBJ bolts from Cleveland (LAL was a possibility) that KIrving would ask for a trade. So it doesn't matter who comes here because if Lebron hangs it up or goes somewhere else there really is no team. So if I was someone wanting to join the Cavs because they've been to the finals the last three years, I'd make sure that the main reason for that success isn't going to slip out the back door when some newbie (from a Cavs perspective) is celebrating at the front. Unless the Cavs offer a ton of money. Then why not?
Quote:
...BA, i thought LBJ was keeping those contracts short-term to signal that he'd take a pay-cut if it could bring in another HOF level baller. Or at least that's how it's been sold to the Plain Dealer among others. I could swear i saw him go on national TV and talk about how he plans to never change his jersey again no matter what until retirement...
Does the firing of Griffin add credence to all of the LBJ leaving theories?

I also heard LBJ was a huge fan of David Griffin and maybe because he wasn't consulted before the ax fell.

If "King" James really wants to leave he's got some ammunition now. One last thing...before LBJ returned to Cleveland from Miami, his mother told him not to do it. Apparently this stems from the letter Gilbert wrote when he first left.

Quote:
...I haven't heard that Porzingas was pissed at Phil, but i cant pretend i wouldn't understand why if that was the case. For a guy with such an amazing track record of bringing Zen Winning to NBA franchises, he sure hasn't done that in NY. As much as i love MY BOY Carmelo, i really have to think that that stink belongs on his porch, but i could see Kristas disagreeing with me...
Mr Mo, it's almost like Jackson is doing any and everything to sabotage "his" stay in New York.

I'm also on Melo's side when it comes to how he's been treated by Jackson. Phil's done everything but call him out into the alley so they can handle the situation like men.

Oh, and here's an article about Porzingis.
Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM   #2835
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
...Mr Mo, it's almost like Jackson is doing any and everything to sabotage "his" stay in New York...
Phil Jackson and the New York Knicks have decided to part company. Here's the complete story.

Also, CP3 (Chris Paul), the Clippers PG has opted-in to his contract, and was immediately traded to the Houston Rockets. Here's the complete story.
Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM   #2836
Liz
Ridiculicious!
Hears the Whispers

Send a message via AIM to Liz Send a message via MSN to Liz Send a message via Yahoo to Liz Send a message via Skype™ to Liz

It will be interesting to see how well those two share the ball. It could go really well or not so much, depending on how they gel. I still don't see them really competing with Golden State.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Sports > Sports Discussion »