Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Music > Band and Artist Discussion > PHISH!!!

Band and Artist Discussion Discuss specific bands and artists right here.

Old 12-15-07, 05:28 AM   #21
truffula
Sharing in the Groove
Squishes the Frog

Re: PHISH!!!

I miss Phish.

Me wantee a Phish show.

Really bad.

Please let 2008 bring them back together.

ETA - if anyone knows where I can get a copy of the "Jimmy's Dream" Clifford Ball vid, please PM me. Thank you.

Last edited by truffula; 12-15-07 at 05:32 AM.
truffula is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-17-07, 10:18 PM   #22
winkelman
Burned the Raft

i miss 'em too.
been getting into vinyl lately (records)
still have not found one album on wax.

doubt they'll get it together. but trey is still soloing!
Old 12-20-07, 11:00 AM   #23
PhishCake
Up For The Down Stroke!!
Pushes the Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by truffula View Post
I miss Phish.

Me wantee a Phish show.

Really bad.

Please let 2008 bring them back together.

ETA - if anyone knows where I can get a copy of the "Jimmy's Dream" Clifford Ball vid, please PM me. Thank you.

YES!!!! I'd love to see that as well. Trey's a great storyteller, loved how the plane flew overhead and blew sparks as the story culminated with Jimmy "flying" over us. CB was probably my fav festival. Perfect weather, scene, music. The midnite serenade on the flatbed truck was surreal. OK it was like 4 am. We were chillin around our campfire and some dude comes ruinning thru our campsite yelling....."Phish is playin!!! Every one get up!!!!" .....we were like...."OK dude...whatever"
Then my buddy says (BTW....we had the first campsite in the FIRST section......literally we had -numerically in order- site 1a) "hey...that gate just opened....theres a truck coverd in lights.....and there's a band on the back....." We followed them for about 10 minutes but they were just noodlin around, not really playing any specific tunes. But very cool and an awesome way to finish the night.

PhishCake is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-20-07, 04:43 PM   #24
truffula
Sharing in the Groove
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhishCake View Post
YES!!!! I'd love to see that as well. Trey's a great storyteller, loved how the plane flew overhead and blew sparks as the story culminated with Jimmy "flying" over us. CB was probably my fav festival. Perfect weather, scene, music. The midnite serenade on the flatbed truck was surreal. OK it was like 4 am. We were chillin around our campfire and some dude comes ruinning thru our campsite yelling....."Phish is playin!!! Every one get up!!!!" .....we were like...."OK dude...whatever"
Then my buddy says (BTW....we had the first campsite in the FIRST section......literally we had -numerically in order- site 1a) "hey...that gate just opened....theres a truck coverd in lights.....and there's a band on the back....." We followed them for about 10 minutes but they were just noodlin around, not really playing any specific tunes. But very cool and an awesome way to finish the night.
I also thought it was kinda neat how they didn't end Harpua (I think something with the effects got screwed up and Trey was pissed) and the next year at the Great Went, they opened the 1st set (well, Trey called it "soundcheck" ) with the rest of Harpua where they left off at the Ball.
I freaked out.

I missed the flatbed jam. And from what I was told, they practically drove right by our campsite. I was just so tired at that point - we drove straight up to Plattsburgh from the Hershey show the night before and started drinking screwdrivers at 8am when we showed up at the gates. We were within the first 50 cars inside, and I don't think I stopped partying until after that first show when I passed out.

I did manage to see the "techno set" at the Went. We saw lights flashing and my buddy said "there's no way that's some DJ, those lights are top notch. That's THEM". And we RAN. My buddy lost a sandal in the mud (anyone who went to The Great Went remembers the MUD. ) while running to the little mini stage. By the time I stopped running I was standing 3 feet from Trey right at the front of the stage. There were only like 20 people standing around at first, and many of em were chillin for a few then walkin away. I was like "how can you people walk away from THIS?!?"

Good stuff.
Old 12-30-07, 03:10 AM   #25
truffula
Sharing in the Groove
Squishes the Frog

With no Phish again this NYE, its once more time to reflect upon the FIERCENESS that was Phish Winter Tour.

I started yesterday with 12-28-94 Philly Civic Center.
What an awesome show. The "Little Drummer Boy" in the middle of Weekapaug hooked it up. And the "Bold As Love" encore was the first time I saw that song live.
Then I moved on to 12-28-95 Worcester Centrum.
This show was just great cause it proved once again that the world is a big place, but it ain't that big. Fate had it so that my seats were right behind a friend of mine from Berklee who had moved to Alaska and I hadn't seen in a year. It was one of them "thats so freakin cool that this is how it came to pass, that our seats were this close".

Now I'm jammin to 12-29-94 Providence.
The BOWIE. THE quintessential version of "David Bowie".

I'm not sure which show I'll do next for today; though I'm leaning on 12-29-95 Worcester with the Gin->Real Me->Gin fierceness. The only thing turning me away from that run is that's when Trey was really sick and his voice was struggling. Listen to the "Lizards" from NYE 95 and you'll see what I mean. And the "Real Me" from this show too. He was barely hittin them notes and even then it was a struggle.

Tomorrow it will be the Olive Loaf Harpua show for sure. I believe it was 12-30-97 (though it might have been 98 ). That was at MSG and Trey said "we're gonna play as long as we feel like tonight, to hell with the curfew".
And also 12-30-99 from Big Cypress. I'll probably skip the Indian guys sitting in, but the rest of the show was insane. They played a bunch of stuff I was sure they'd save for the millenium NYE set, like Hood.

Holy crap, I forgot how intense this Bowie was....."Do it NOW".....

Back on track, while I sit here and wait for the new Oceanic website to do something and while I wait to go to soundcheck for my NYE gig, I will sit here and listen to selections from NYE 93, 94, 95, 98, 99.
The REBA and YEM from 93
The MAZE from 94
The DROWNED from 95
The 1999->MIKES->H2->WEEKAPAUG from 98
The MEATSTICK->DISEASE->GIN from 99
And more.....

YAY for NYE!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-07, 03:28 AM   #26
PhishCake
Up For The Down Stroke!!
Pushes the Button

I'm a big fan of P-Funk, so I'm partial to the New years run (forget which show/year) they brought out Parlimant Funkadelic and did a medley of Pfunk classics!!

Old 12-31-07, 03:43 AM   #27
truffula
Sharing in the Groove
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhishCake View Post
I'm a big fan of P-Funk, so I'm partial to the New years run (forget which show/year) they brought out Parlimant Funkadelic and did a medley of Pfunk classics!!
That was the last NYE show they played, and the only one I've missed since 93. I believe it was 03, the Miami Run.
I hate to say anything negative about them, but the truth is, by that point, Trey's drug abuse had taken over, they had obviously stopped rehearsing and planning setlists. The P-Funk medley was poor at best. Yeah, it was awfully cool to have George Clinton and P-Funk come out (on the 30th for the medley and again on NYE for "Jungle Boogie") but it was so bad. Nowhere near what it should have been.

But on the positive side, I hear Trey's rehab is going well, and I really am keeping my fingers crossed for a PHISH reunion soon.

Back to why I stopped by here yesterday....
Well, I ended up going with (as I posted) 12-29-94, the Providence BOWIE; then I chose 12-29-96 from the Spectrum - with the YEM where they switched instruments then played HARPUA and Tom Marshall came out and they did "Champagne Supernova".

Tonight, I'm starting with 12-30-97 MSG - The "Olive Loaf Harpua" show. The show where they said to hell with the curfew, we're gonna play until we feel like stopping.
Then I'll go with selections from 12-30-99.....

And then....
Tomorrow.....

NYE

Yeah boy.
Old 01-01-08, 08:21 AM   #28
LostEmissary
Speaking for the Island since 1881
Talks Backwards

I saw Phish in Albany maybe 10 years ago. Fun show. People performing illicit activites all over (none involving me - not my style lol), and then there was the glow stick toss to rival all glow stick wars. Those things were FLYING all over the arena.

Internet hosting is expensive! You can donate through PayPal, or if you do any online shopping, use the links on the Support the Forum! page. Visit the discussion thread for more info.
LostEmissary is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-02-08, 06:38 PM   #29
winkelman
Burned the Raft

saw the glostick thing at the gorge in '02 or something. very impressive!
Old 01-31-08, 06:31 PM   #30
PhishCake
Up For The Down Stroke!!
Pushes the Button

http://rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.d...STIN/203402164

Bark a scruff and go to jail

« MyMedia-Forum.com > Music > Band and Artist Discussion »