Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Twin Peaks - Showtime Sunday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 06-13-17, 02:54 AM   #21
truffula
Sharing in the Groove
Squishes the Frog

Re: Twin Peaks - Showtime Sunday

Ok.

To show how ABSOLUTELEY AMAZING this episode was, I rewatched tonight, and was able to compile OVER A FULL PAGE OF NOTES to share with y'all ON TOP OF my contributions last night.

I am ALL IN with this now. Be prepared. I am going to use this place to let it all hang out in regards to this show. You have NO IDEA.

Meanwhile.....

- Dougie pulling his hand into his sleeve. He feels the missing arm.

- what was Dougie's life like before the change? He didn't seem all "Rain Man" like he does now. We saw him interact briefly with Jade before IT happened. How come NO ONE NOTICES THIS DRAMATIC CHANGE???? Unless there is something else going on here....hmmm......

- the writing for Janey when she's angry at Dougie is EXTREMELY similar to Doris Truman yelling at Frank.

- MIKE appears to Dougie in front of a FIREPLACE.

- MIKE pulls his arm backwards towards himself as he says "DON'T DIE". This right here is a HUGE FREAKING CLUE. What it means I do not know yet, but I'm on the case.

- They are REALLY going overboard with the NUMBERS thing. Not sure what is crap and what is a clue. All I can tell is that when Dougie was reviewing the case files, there was a plethora of information. I'll get back to y'all if I figure anything out.

- I was so blown away by the fact that we were meeting the infamous DIANE for the first time last night, that I didn't realize it was the "mystery character" that Laura Dern was playing!

- a line from Red "I got a problem with my liver".....somethings up with that.

- LINDA is in a wheelchair. Took 6 MONTHS to get her a motorized one. Need more data......

- Madchen looks so much more like young Shelly with her hair pulled back and her makeup similar to the old days. Almost didn't recognize her the first night at the bar.

- numbers on the Phone Poll shown almost as a smack in the face:
324 810

- I made a poor assumption earlier confusing actors, and now I'm pretty sure the "HIM" that Vegas dude was referring to no wanting to have someone like them in their life, was in fact EVIL COOP. "The Cow Jumped Over The Moon" set in motion a handful of things. "Blackie" or whoever that woman was, got whacked by the evil arm. Should be interesting to see what happens if he catches up with Dougie.....

- what was up with Evil Arm rolling the dice over and over? You tryin to be C3P-O?

- as to the missing pages from Laura's diary that Hawk found:

MY NAME IS ANNIE. THE GOOD DALE IS TRAPPED IN THE LODGE. AND HE CAN'T GET OUT. WRITE THAT IN YOUR DIARY.

RAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

I am going to solve these NUMBERS.
Old 06-18-17, 04:38 PM   #22
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Twin Peaks
S0107 -- "107"
Sunday, June 18th, 2017 @ 9/8c
on Showtime

sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-19-17, 02:27 AM   #23
truffula
Sharing in the Groove
Squishes the Frog

*picks up pieces of brains off floor*

ANOTHER home run episode this week. There has not been a single episode that I have disliked for ANY reason so far. It seems to just keep getting better and better and FIERCER and MORE INTENSE EVERY FREAKING WEEK!!!!

I'm watching it again as I'm writing because I'm not waiting until tomorrow.

Meanwhile.....

- I want what Jerry has.

- BLAMO!!!! The missing pages from Laura's diary AND the EXACT quote I was hoping for. Also putting Leland in place to hide them when they brought him in for questioning for the murder of Jacques Renault with another missing page revealing what we all saw in FWWM when Laura realized BOB was her father.

- but only 3 of 4 missing pages found!!! WHAT'S ON THAT LAST MISSING PAGE?????

- it does not sound like Harry Truman is doing well. Really lessens the chance of Michael Ontkean coming out of retirement to make an appearance. He might still.....I haven't given up hope yet.

- why did Andy agree to leave the farmer guy when questioning him? We know he's a little slow but this dude really seemed freaked out about whatever Andy was asking him about....

- haha Sheriff Truman typing with two fingers.

- DOC HAYWARD!!! remembers evil Dale, saw him in ICU possibly visiting Audrey Horne.....could they REALLY be the parents of Richard Horne? It would explain why he's so EVIL but damn. There's going to be something big to RICHARD AND LINDA. Can't see what it is now but it's gonna be awesome.

- headless body IS Maj Garland Briggs.....but HE'S THE WRONG AGE. Could it be that when he disappeared in S2 that when he "returned" that he was his White Lodge doppleganger or something bizarre like that? And the body that was found was the actual Maj Briggs that disappeared way back when??

- WHOAH. Evil charred dude again, and it sure looked to me like the LT SAW HIM!!

- DAAAAAAMN. Gordon DID catch the "yrev" from EvilDale. And the thing he did with Tammy's fingers and how he compared it to the altered fingerprints made my brains drip out my ears. The SPIRITUAL FINGER. The same word as the fingerprint that was reversed to appear original. I have no words, no emoticon that can convey how this had fried my poor brain.

- remember the dog legs....who is Joe McClusky? the late Mr. Strawberry? Why did it look like the Warden knew EXACTLY what was going on, especially when he said "all THIS".

- WOOOOOOO!!!! Dougie "Coops Out" and stops Ike the Spike!! But damn that was messed up when the evil arm doppleganger appeared and said "squeeze his hand off".

- ok Ben, you have the key. Put the pieces together somehow....

- Beverly's husband Tom is sick. I soooo see a Ben/Beverly thing happening. And it won't end well for poor old Ben me thinks.

- well if you missed his really quick one shot appearance in the background in Ep2, there's Jacques Renault back from the dead.....no wait....he's credited as JEAN-MICHEL RENAULT. Twin brother? Sure sounds like he's still running the old "family business".

- and EvilDale and Ray escape EASILY. All roads lead to TWIN PEAKS.

- what was yelled by that guy running into the RR at the end? "Somebody's INVADING"?? I'll put the CC on as I watch the end this round and may be back with an update.
EDIT "Has anyone seen Bing?" is what was yelled. Bing is a character credited as being played by David Lynch's son Riley Lynch, but I don't recall ever seeing his face in this episode. Guess I need another watch.

But seriously though, this is some DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN fine television if I don't say so myself.
Next Sunday cannot come fast enough.

Last edited by truffula; 06-19-17 at 02:59 AM.
truffula is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-19-17, 03:37 PM   #24
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt

After reading the recaps from Truf, I'm gonna have to go rewatch the original again and watch this show.

I know Showtime is losing audience, but it sounds like Lost. you have to be invested, and you have to want to get it. If you do, you love it.

And I need a show to love again.

Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Lawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-20-17, 03:04 AM   #25
truffula
Sharing in the Groove
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawboy View Post
After reading the recaps from Truf, I'm gonna have to go rewatch the original again and watch this show.

I know Showtime is losing audience, but it sounds like Lost. you have to be invested, and you have to want to get it. If you do, you love it.

And I need a show to love again.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
Lawboy, I can say that if you LOVED and truly invested in LOST, what we are experiencing now will BLOW YOU AWAY.

Watch the movie "FIRE WALK WITH ME" as well. The connections from that movie to this season are astounding. For example:
- I read on my facebook group earlier today, someone pointing out that when Diane truly questions EvilDale, she does so in the EXACT SAME FASHION that Laura Palmer does to BOB when she realizes its her father...."Who ARE You?"

Now....there's a few other things I need to mention here.

First - WATCH THIS SHOW WITH THE CC ON. I'm deadly serious about this one here folks. There are hidden, almost inaudible things that you won't hear unless you have it cranked. I won't spoil it, just go back and rewatch the first batch of episodes with the CC on and see what I mean.

Second - after some serious thought, I believe David Lynch will achieve the thought-to-be impossible. He will get Michael Ontkean out of retirement to reprise his role as Sheriff Harry Truman, and that will be what snaps Dougie back into Cooper. And we all will cry. Lynch isn't known for sappy moments, but he KNOWS we all want to see Coop and Harry reunited. They were practically like brothers in the first two seasons, a true connection of characters. And if ANYONE can convince Michael to shoot even just one scene, it's the wizard Mr. David Lynch.

Third - Sherilyn Fenn was asked via social media WHEN ARE WE GOING TO FINALLY GET AUDREY? And she replied "SOOOOOOOON!!"

I need the ability to get screencaps, it's killing me. I know I can download the episodes from a torrent site and just do what I did for LOST, but I'm not doing that anymore. So if anyone else can grab GIANT HD HiRes screencaps upon request, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN HERE!!! cause there is a ton of stuff I need a closer look at and pausing on my DVR will only get me so close.

Sunday Sunday Sunday.........
Old 06-22-17, 02:50 AM   #26
truffula
Sharing in the Groove
Squishes the Frog

ATTENTION!!!!!!
The Twin Peaks community needs YOUR help!!!

*takes deep breath*
That did not help.

I'm just going to spit it out. We have found that there is some sort of hidden code flashing in the windows of the plane (and tail) in the scene shown as Gordon, Albert, Tammy, and Diane head to SD to see Dooper CLEARLY PHOTOSHOPPED INTO EACH FRAME - IT IS NOT THE FREAKING SUNLIGHT.

Look here at this:

This here reddit group has been workin hard on it but has yet to figure it out - https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...HQGcnWHasoJhmw

And if you STILL think it's just a "reflection of the sun" or "glare added in post", please read and examine this - https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%...5qdwp4pMkmTsWw

I've been wracking my brain over it since I saw the first slowed down vid.
I thought I was on to something last night (and still might be) and then someone noticed there was a 7th image on the tail of the plane.....back to the drawing board.

Oh....and.....hey.....psssst.....DAMON AND CARLTON - THIS IS HOW YOU HIDE CLUES IN YOUR TV SHOW.

So if ANY of you are out there still, those that participated in TLE or any other "webmaze" activity during LOST - I NEED YOU!!!!
Let's get crackin on this!!!

Updates will be coming.

One final note - TWIN PEAKS will be OFF on July 2. So after this Sunday, there will be a 2 week break.
PREPARE YOURSELVES. We are about to get "one of those episodes", ya know....the ones that ROCK YOU TO YOUR CORE AND MAKE YOUR BRAINS DRIP ALL OVER THE FLOOR!!!!!!

I look forward to it.
Old 06-22-17, 03:08 AM   #27
truffula
Sharing in the Groove
Squishes the Frog

Ok have you absorbed all that yet? No? TOO BAD CAUSE THE HITS KEEP ON COMING.

I read a theory regarding Maj Briggs that has exploded in popularity within the TP community because it is so right on. I feel there are pieces either missing or misplaced within it, but overall has some serious legs.

All props go to facebook user Joseph Wayne Guidry for this.
What you are about to read is my summary of the theory.

Doop (aka evil doppleganger Cooper), once out of the Black Lodge, approaches Maj Briggs, knowing he has information about "Project Blue Book". This we know from what Bobby said in the police station.
Briggs knows RIGHT AWAY this is not Cooper and sets his plan in motion.
He proceeds to torch his workplace and FAKE HIS DEATH.
He then proceeds into the White Lodge in an attempt to aid the good Cooper and stop Doop.

Over the next 25 years, Briggs is able to move through time and manipulate situations for "Dougie" as well as Doop. On 15 of those occasions, fingerprints were left at the scene (as referenced by the LT and Col in the army offices) but no body was found. On the 16th attempt, Doop finally caught up with the Major and killed him. Thus the body.

Maj Briggs, through the White Lodge, had found a way to manipulate time (the first proof of this was when he returned from "abduction" in S2 wearing a 1940s military uniform) - this is why he appears as if he is still in his late 40s.

I simply cannot go on at this time, my poor brain is done.
But look into all this stuff, folks.

The key to it all:
Remember 430. Richard and Linda. Two birds, one stone.
Old 06-24-17, 05:29 AM   #28
truffula
Sharing in the Groove
Squishes the Frog

Really? No one?
Well, I'm going to reach out to a few individuals who I believe will join this fierceness, and hopefully that will spark up some life in this thread.

And how will I do this? Hmmmm.....I wonder.....

Not with a loud RAAAAAHHH oh no, that part comes much later.
Not with a string of funny emoticons.

I'm going to SHOW a reason why a SERIOUS DISCUSSION like the old days of T&S NEEDS TO TAKE PLACE HERE!!!!!

If you have not watched anything so far of S3, make no mistake, this is a "spoiler", but not a smack you in the face plotline "spoiler". This is straight up BAIT FOR Y'ALL.

You ready? I hope so cause here goes.....

At the end of last Sunday's episode #7, there was an evil passing over woods with a whooshing sound, then it cut to the RR Diner in what on first watch appeared to be a random scene thrown in at the end where a kid runs into the place asking if anyone had seen Billy, to which there were answers around of "no", and the credits ran.

Seems a little out of place, but no biggie, right? Oh no.....
Lookee here....

Spoiler: BEFORE - tagged for size
[IMG][/IMG]

Spoiler: AFTER - tagged for size
[IMG][/IMG]

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT???

ANY TAKERS???

yung23 - Jaystao - NeillT006 - Bob Sacamano - Mr. Mo - lacenaire - Mav - vonne ......just to name a handful off the top of my head in no particular order.

If you guys loved talking SERIOUS BUSINESS about LOST, then this should easily BLOW ALL THAT OUT OF THE WATER.
Lynch/Frost > Lindelof/Cuse.

If you're new to the show, take your time and go watch S1, then S2 up until the "big reveal", and then it'll get cheesy (when Lynch was off directing "Wild at Heart"), but he comes back around S2E17 and then it gets NUTS.
After that the film FIRE WALK WITH ME and it's "MISSING PIECES"
And if you're really freaking out at this point like I was, read "The Secret History of Twin Peaks" released in January this year as a "prequel" to the "return".

The facebook group I'm in has some smart cookies and hardcore fans, but it's all over the place. I'd like to see a community form here large enough to devote a sub forum to.
There is SOOOOO much going on in each episode, it all needs to be ORGANIZED if we're ever going to figure any of it out.

Sunday cannot come fast enough. With a two week break looming, I'm betting they're going to give us something that will take (at least) two weeks to discuss before moving on.
Old 06-25-17, 06:20 AM   #29
Mattie
Cons the Conman

Wish I had caught the original show in its time, so I could watch this along with ya truff! I admire your level of fandom / fierceness of all things that you stan! RAHHHHH!!!!

follow me on instagram
http://instagram.com/towhateverend
Mattie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-25-17, 03:49 PM   #30
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Twin Peaks
S0108 -- "108"
Sunday, June 25th, 2017 @ 9/8c
on Showtime