Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Twin Peaks - Showtime Sunday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 07-16-17, 05:26 AM   #51
truffula
Sharing in the Groove
Squishes the Frog

Re: Twin Peaks - Showtime Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by yung23 View Post
Really?

NIN in twin peaks?
Now, I'm sold.

https://youtu.be/QczxCxFRUf0

ETA.

I posted that before I read your post truff

When I first saw the glass box, I went to Google and googled: twin peaks, glass box, wigner

Now I see your allusion above..That's it, I gotta catch up!

I'm only on ep 4? Right now.

Puzzled as to why this Cooper look alike is so dumb.

But if I had to guess, perhaps the box was set up by the real Cooper? Wherewver he is.
As you watch episode 4 you learn that "Dougie Jones" was "manufactured" for a purpose. That purpose was fulfilled. Cooper was tricked into a premature escape from the Lodge and now finds himself stuck in the persona of "Dougie". What will snap Cooper out of it?
It also apparently prevented evil Doppleganger Cooper from being pulled back into the Black Lodge.

Pay attention to the references to Major Briggs as you move forward.
Also, consider that which you have seen has been shown to you out of order. Particularly the opening scene with the Giant and Cooper with all the clues; and when Hawk speaks with the Log Lady for the second time as he approaches the entrance to the Black Lodge and sees the curtains.

And dude, when you get to the NIN performance at the Roadhouse in Ep8, just hang on cause after that it gets really crazy really fast.

Please post your thoughts after you view each episode. I would love to see where your brain goes as things are revealed to you.
Go back and re-read this thread as you watch too, but don't go too far as to read my spoiler posts for episodes you haven't seen yet.
Quote me as you deem necessary and let me see how you are going to be the one to solve this. I don't mean to fluff your ego, I'm being totally serious here. If anyone can make sense out of this, this FIERCENESS that is being bestowed upon us, I firmly believe it is you, my friend.

There are some pretty smart cookies and quick on the observations type folk in the facebook group I'm in (Twin Peaks 2017) but I really think they're missing something. Something BIG. I'm not smart enough to figure it out, though I'm happy to help with any and all website related issues.

The level of intelligence I found here well over 10 years ago discussing the MADNESS of LOST is STILL HERE.
Lets pull the team together again. I want to read theories about TWIN PEAKS from you all that make my ears bleed.

And if you're even thinking about watching GAME OF THRONES over TWIN PEAKS tomorrow night you are crazy, here's the papers, go ahead and sign them to commit yourself to a nuthouse.
Old 07-16-17, 07:55 AM   #52
addhawk
Follows the Cable

"We have Descended from pure air", "Animal Life", "Electricity"
A rewatch of Fire Walk With Me is where a large piece of the mythology made its first appearance. I'd throw in Mulholland Drive (the Cowboy, Winkies) and Blue Velvet too. Episode 3 and 8 build on that. The zone site is pretty interesting. Lots of stuff there in the links that tie it together. The RAH reference is pretty cool. Deep stuff... but I'd expect that from Lynch.

Last edited by addhawk; 07-16-17 at 08:16 AM.
addhawk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-16-17, 02:37 PM   #53
yung23
made Damon Lindelof say "Fermions" on TV :P
Hears the Whispers

Location: trapped in an inner product space containing a lattice

./

Last edited by yung23; 07-17-17 at 05:18 PM.
yung23 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-16-17, 08:19 PM   #54
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Twin Peaks
S0110 -- "110"
Sunday, July 9, 2017 @ 9/8c
on Showtime

"Laura is the one."
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-17-17, 12:02 AM   #55
truffula
Sharing in the Groove
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
which episode is this ?

should i rewatch an old ep too?
maybe the movie? if there was one?

now im really anxious to get to ep8!

NIN kinda has "my name written all over it". figures their in ep8!

ETA, just finished ep 7. wtf is up with the sequence in the end ? why such a mess of non-consistend events ? what is the term I am looking for ?
things seem purposely out of synch. there is no logic to the shots.

the wattress is serving the old man in the checker coat. the scene is disrupted by some dude asking if anyone has seen "billy' then the old man with the coat is gone..
I'll go find your post about it truff

wtf

on to 8!

ok.. this got me thinking about what we actually ARE.

its very biblical. and very fitting compared to how our brains actually work.(electricity). and what we were.(animals). and how we evolved... and where we are headed.. (perfection).. and where we came from (pure "air")(metaphorically)

which fits perfectly into the description of the black and white lodge from wiki.
I was referring to the opening scene of Ep1 with the Giant and Cooper where he says "Listen to the sounds. It is in our house now. All cannot be said aloud now. Remember Richard and Linda. 430. Two birds, one stone. You are far away."

Yeah that scene in the diner was mind boggling wasn't it?

And yes you should watch the movie Fire Walk With Me again. The first 30 minutes have A LOT to do with what's happening now.

I would comment more but I'm freaking out for tonight.
TWO HOURS TO GO!!!!!

Last edited by truffula; 07-17-17 at 12:28 AM.
truffula is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-17-17, 12:07 AM   #56
yung23
Hears the Whispers

ok. wtf was that ? (just finished ep8)

ALL of it pure symbolism.
Didn't even feel like twin peaks.

First, there is an OBVIOUS allusion to heaven and hell going on here
the white lodge vs the black lodge.. as I noted above..

but that was just done on a whim.

now I watch this ep.
I don't see much quantum anything as of yet.
nuclear bombs.. free radicals, nuclear fallout maybe..

whats the bell shaped thing in the room ?

the ghosts who resurrected Dooper, seem to be victims maybe of the nuclear testing ?
the same group who went in and out of the convenience store ?

the got a light dude.. maybe the pre-bob character, seeing this was 1945-1956 era ?

is it merely the devil ?
THE DARK WITHIN

then we get this song..

another Biblical theme ?
My Prayer

ETA :
anyone see the coincidence here or is it just me ?

notice the lyrics from MY PRAYER
especially the line : "in a dream thats divine"

Quote:
When the twilight is gone and no songbirds are singing
When the twilight is gone you come into my heart
And here in my heart you will stay, while I pray

My prayer is to linger with you
At the end of the day in a dream that's divine
My prayer is a rapture in blue
With the world far away and your lips close to mine

Tonight while our hearts are aglow
Oh tell me the words that I'm longing to know

My prayer and the answer you give
May they still be the same for as long as we live
That you'll always be there at the end of my prayer
then I notice this while watching FWWM

"WE LIVE INSIDE A DREAM"

Last edited by yung23; 07-29-17 at 05:54 PM.
Old 07-17-17, 01:01 AM   #57
truffula
Sharing in the Groove
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
ok. wtf was that ? (just finished ep8)

ALL of it pure symbolism.
Didn't even feel like twin peaks.

First, there is an OBVIOUS allusion to heaven and hell going on here
the white lodge vs the black lodge.. as I noted above..

but that was just done on a whim.

now I watch this ep.
I don't see much quantum anything as of yet.
nuclear bombs.. free radicals, nuclear fallout maybe..

whats the bell shaped thing in the room ?

the ghosts who reserected Dooper, seem to be victims maybe of the nuclear testing ?
the same group who went in and out of the convenience store ?

the got a light dude.. maybe the pre-bob character, seeing this was 1945-1956 era ?

is it merely the devil ?

then we get this song..

another Biblical theme ?
My Prayer
Did you watch it in the dark as close as you could to the screen without your eyes bugging out with the sound turned way up?

I'm not too bright when it comes to the complicated quantum business (which is why I need you here ), but when I first saw the glass box and the massive computer, and then cooper appearing in it.....I figured your expertise could come up with something to explain what the hell we saw.

My theory on it - the box was created by and was funded by Dooper in order to trap "mother" (the static noise monster from Ep1 - the entity in Ep8 that vomited the BOB egg - the symbol on Dooper's card). To what end I don't know. Either way, it failed as we saw.

No clue as to the bell shaped objects we've seen in the "other places" (ie - the mauve zone where the eyeless lady turned it off and died, to help Cooper escape). But I'd love to hear what you think about it.

After a million watches, the best way I can explain Ep8 would be the first atomic bomb test opened the doorway between worlds, and "mother" gave birth to the evil that men do aka BOB. To counter this, the FIREMAN aka ??????? aka The Giant creates something good and pure to counter it - LAURA PALMER.
Tonight's episode is called "Laura is the one", btw.....
Then we see the BOB egg hatch and the Black Lodge sends its minions to put out the code to help BOB find his first host. We, the general consensus on the net, is that this girl is the "Judy" who "we're not going to talk about" (the Bowie/Agent Philip Jeffries dialogue from FWWM).

ONE HOUR TO GO!!!!!!
SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

ETA - that picture there you added to your post of the picture given to Laura by Mrs. Tremont and her grandson (White Lodge beings I believe) is where many believe Laura was swapped out. "I am dead, yet I live".

Last edited by truffula; 07-17-17 at 01:03 AM.
truffula is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-17-17, 01:39 AM   #58
yung23
Hears the Whispers

Last edited by yung23; 07-17-17 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-17-17, 03:26 AM   #59
truffula
Sharing in the Groove
Squishes the Frog

Gonna be honest, not one of my favorites so far on first watch. Still loved it, but not quite as much as all the others. I think they knew this episode was going to go up against GoT premiere so they took it easy on us this week.

Still though, got some satisfying answers, and built upon already existing hatred for some of the new characters. That would be Richard "I hit and run little kids" Horne, and Chad the cop who you just don't like anything about him.

Meanwhile....

- so Richard confronts Miriam who witnessed him killing the little boy in the hit-and-run, and promptly kills her and sets her trailer to blow up. Note that they made a point of showing her still breathing; and NOT showing the trailer actually blowing up.....

- loved Carl's song, but it seems as we thought, poor Becky is trapped in the same type of life as her mother Shelly was.

- something was up with that weather forecast they showed. Something hidden within it I feel. Don't know what, but got the vibe for sure.

- HAHAHA!!! That was a great scene of DougieCoop getting laid!!

- Nadine got her "silent drape runners" store and sells Dr. Jacoby's golden poop shovels too!

- but the point of Dr. Jacoby's rants was revealed tonight, and it was SO gratifying to hear. He said, and I quote "BIG RED <expletive deleted> BALLOON!!". Now go back and LOOK FOR THE RED BALLOONS. They appear A LOT and in KEY POINTS of what we have seen so far.

- poor Jerry is still LOST.

- callin it right now, Lucy is SOOOO gonna be the one to BUST CHAD.

- REVEAL: GRANDSON RICHARD. RICHARD HORNE IS THE SON OF AUDREY HORNE.....and WHO??? Most of us figured this as soon as we saw the name in the credits. Doc Haywards mention of Dooper coming out of ICU lead many to believe in a very EVIL fashion, Dooper raped a comatose Audrey thus planting his EVIL seed. Richard is a pretty evil bastard, so it would make sense. I can't wait to see Audrey again.

- Mr. Todd sends Anthony Sinclair to convince the Mitchum Bros to whack Dougie. So there's the connection points between all those angles. I'm still of the opinion that it's gonna be a race to see who gets to Dougie first - the FBI/Cooper's friends vs those who want him dead/Dooper??

- Albert/Constance shippers had their hearts melted tonight. They called it.

- what did Candy REALLY say to Sinclair? A few scenes before she couldn't stop crying and was so sorry, now she's all beligerant. Something happened that we did not see. Or hear apparently.

- I want a HiRes pic of Gordon's drawing please. And holy CRAP he SAW LAURA PALMER as he opened the door for Albert!!!

- WOOOO The FBI know about Dooper's text to Diane - AND HER REPLY "They have Hastings, He's going to take them to the site". Oh this is really starting to feel like its leading into something REALLY BIG!

- REVEAL: as predicted, Dooper is behind the glass box. yung23 we have much to discuss now.

- so Ben Horne is divorced. Wonder if Beverly was actually in the room when he asked her out?

- OMG I totally cried seeing Catherine Coulson (The Log Lady) again. I think I'll just die if the got Michael Ontkean to reprise his role as Harry Truman and his reuniting with Cooper/Dougie is what snaps him back into himself. I had to pause it when I saw Log Lady to get the emotion out and be able to LISTEN TO HER VERY IMPORTANT WORDS....

- "Electricity Humming."...."The Truman brothers are both True Men"....."Now the Circle is almost complete"....."LAURA IS THE ONE."
I believe the quote may be from the "Introduction to Twin Peaks" from the FWWM BluRay "Missing Pieces", as read by the Log Lady.

- cute dress on Rebecca DelRio with the b&w zig zag with the red curtain backdrop onstage.

I admit, I thought her song was too long and got a frowny face when the credits came up. But as we've seen from this season so far, there's just NO WAY you get EVERYTHING you're intended to see in ONE WATCH. So I'm rewatching it as I'm writing.

Game of Thrones can wait until tomorrow. I'm sure that will be FIERCENESS too, but my poor brain can only handle one major BLAMO!!! in a night these days.
Old 07-17-17, 03:43 AM   #60
truffula
Sharing in the Groove
Squishes the Frog

So.....THIS IS THE WATER AND THIS IS THE WELL. DRINK FULL AND DESCEND. THE HORSE IS THE WHITE OF THE EYES AND THE DARK WITHIN.

From FWWM.....remember that scene where Leland "administers" pass out drugs to Sara in a glass of WATER that she drinks half of and then he makes her DRINK FULL and DESCEND into sleep, but before she does she sees the HORSE, and then BOB has taken over completely, and he goes to rape his daughter again? This also may have been the time when she asked "Who ARE you?" and she realized who BOB really was, though I may be mistaken.

Also, after seeing tonight's phone call between the Log Lady and Hawk, I'm more convinced than ever that the scene with Hawk walking through the woods to the Sycamore Circle and seeing the Red Curtains happens LATER in the story that we are seeing. A Flash-Forward if you will. I'm guessing something is going to happen when Bobby, Frank, and Hawk go to Jack Rabbit's Palace on 10/1 at 2:53pm that will make Hawk go back alone on 10/2 at 2:53AM. I'm betting only Hawk will remember to put the soil in his pocket before its too late after something happens.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »