Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Sports > Sports Discussion > NFL Thread Pt. II

Sports Discussion 42! 23! 16! ...wait.

Old 01-07-18, 02:48 AM   #7231
Peggy Sawyer
Blew Up the Hatch

Re: NFL Thread Pt. II

Wow, I can't believe KC let the woeful Titans beat them in the wild-card game. Mariota threw a touchdown to himself, and KC just clammed up after that. A few officiating errors, but no excuse here--KC was flat in the second half and gave whoever draws Tennessee next week a quick entry into the AFC Championship game. Hope it's NE!
Old 01-07-18, 08:11 AM   #7232
Peggy Sawyer
Blew Up the Hatch

The Rams laid a Seahawk egg losing to Atlanta. Under three minutes left, a QB playing his first playoff game, first-and-goal from the 5 with a chance to get back in it, best running back in football (possible MVP) and what's the call? Pass, pass, pass, pass.

Two underdogs take wild-card Saturday.
Old 01-07-18, 08:57 AM   #7233
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

The bottom two seeds in the NFC next week will both be from the NFC South. Right now 60% of the NFC teams still alive are all from the same division.

____

Bills and Jags is a tough one for me. I've lived most of my life in upstate NY, but i lived in Jax for a while too, and actually saw the Jags play at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium. They both have a sort of a "Cubs of the NFL" ethos for me. I guess withe the Bills as the 6 seed, i'll root for Jax just to avoid having Buffalo play in Foxboro again this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-18, 10:50 PM   #7234
soup
Holds Darlton Under..Forever
Carries Big Stick

Dynomite Champion!

Saturday night date with the Titans for the Pats while the Jags and Steelers beat each other up. All according to plan.
Old 01-08-18, 01:45 AM   #7235
Peggy Sawyer
Blew Up the Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
Saturday night date with the Titans for the Pats while the Jags and Steelers beat each other up. All according to plan.
Yep, pretty much.

Buffalo blew it in the usual fashion--foregoing the run in the red zone. I didn't really want to play them for the third time this year, so that's all good. Only thing better would be if Jax has one of its "on" days and takes out Pittsburgh next Sunday--but either way, you're right, those two defenses will have a dogfight with each other.

Plus the Pats have a little extra motivation with the impending departure of the two coordinators, the ESPN nonsense, and so forth.
Old 01-08-18, 05:20 AM   #7236
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

I'd think Pats fans would rather face Pittsburgh than the Jags. You already know you can take the Steelers, and iirc the Jags are currently considered the best overall team in the league (although i know how much that's really worth). I take the Jags to stay hot and win a close game.

So the Saints beat the Panthers for the 3rd time this year. Sorry, 2fingers (not sorry). They're headed to Minnesota, where they lost a squeaker in week 1. Both teams are playing much better now than they were then. I think this game could go either way. GO SAINTS!

Atlanta has been very hot lately, and if i was the Eagles' defense, i'd be nervous. It's not often that a 6 seed can take down a 1 seed, but i think this is a soft 1 seed and a hard 6 seed. I give a slight edge to Atlanta.

I don't see Tennessee giving New England much of a work-out. New England by 9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-18, 08:47 PM   #7237
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Sawyer View Post
The Rams laid a Seahawk egg losing to Atlanta. Under three minutes left, a QB playing his first playoff game, first-and-goal from the 5 with a chance to get back in it, best running back in football (possible MVP) and what's the call? Pass, pass, pass, pass...
This was a no brainer for me.

Although, I still think McVay deserves the "Coach of the Year" award, they looked exactly like I expected them to look. Like a deer caught in headlights.

Again, cudos to the whole Rams organization!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post
I'd think Pats fans would rather face Pittsburgh than the Jags. You already know you can take the Steelers, and iirc the Jags are currently considered the best overall team in the league (although i know how much that's really worth). I take the Jags to stay hot and win a close game...
After watching that game, I'm still trying to figure out how they won the AFC-South, because this team is anemic Offensively.

In their win against the Bills, Borttles (spl) had more rushing yards than passing yards. And I saw the passes he attempted. He missed wide-open receivers in the flat. We're talking about 5-yrd. passes, that he missed by five yards. He's really bad!

The only thing that keeps this team afloat is their Defense. I don't expect "Big" Ben to throw 5-INTs this game, which means, I don't give the Jags a chance in HELL of beating the Steelers.

Quote:
...So the Saints beat the Panthers for the 3rd time this year. Sorry, 2fingers (not sorry). They're headed to Minnesota, where they lost a squeaker in week 1. Both teams are playing much better now than they were then. I think this game could go either way. GO SAINTS!
Mr Mo, I think they can go into Minnesota and beat the Vikings. Yeah, the Vikings have one of the better Defenses, but wait until they get a hold of Brees.

The Panters decided to take the run away from the Saints. A run game that had two RBs with over 1500yds. from scrimmage. That's almost unheard of.

So, Brees took the game over. There was a drive the Saints put together in the 2nd-quarter, that was masterful. IIRC, Brees was 8-8 for the drive with a TD. I watched it in awe.

Quote:
...Atlanta has been very hot lately, and if i was the Eagles' defense, i'd be nervous. It's not often that a 6 seed can take down a 1 seed, but i think this is a soft 1 seed and a hard 6 seed. I give a slight edge to Atlanta...
I think the Falcons are rounding into shape for another NFC title. I don't see the Eagles winning this game with Foles under Center.

The only problem I see, is the weather in Philly. I'm telling you guys, Teams should refuse to play Teams during the playoffs if that Team is in a cold/wintery climate, and of course, no dome.

I don't care what Peggy says, no one enjoys watching a playoff game in inclimate weather.
Old 01-10-18, 01:51 PM   #7238
soup
Holds Darlton Under..Forever
Carries Big Stick

Dynomite Champion!

Mo, while you aren't far off on assessing a Pat's fan preference of opponent beyond the Titans, though we are not looking past them, I think I would take Jacksonville and their offensive ineptitude vs. Pittsburgh's weapons and experience. The Jag's D is for real and could give them fits, but I still think it'll be Pittsburgh.

This ESPN thing couldn't have come at a better time. Draws the ranks in even tighter. When with they ever learn? We won 2 SB's under the specter of Deflategate. Create a nonsense issue about the Patriots, it only serves their purpose better.

I look for a big Gronk-day Saturday night.
Old 01-12-18, 10:47 AM   #7239
TheBigCat
SOUNDERS...erm...SEAHAWKS FTW
Carries Big Stick

Location: Green Hell, temporarily leased out to the 12th Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
Mo, while you aren't far off on assessing a Pat's fan preference of opponent beyond the Titans, though we are not looking past them, I think I would take Jacksonville and their offensive ineptitude vs. Pittsburgh's weapons and experience. The Jag's D is for real and could give them fits, but I still think it'll be Pittsburgh.

This ESPN thing couldn't have come at a better time. Draws the ranks in even tighter. When with they ever learn? We won 2 SB's under the specter of Deflategate. Create a nonsense issue about the Patriots, it only serves their purpose better.

I look for a big Gronk-day Saturday night.
It's like every year ESPN pulls something out of their closet to make America dislike the Patriots. Almost feels like (get your tinfoil hats ready) they are trying to artificially increase the number of people betting against the Pats.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, so long, Darrell Bevell. It's just time for the Seahawks offense to start pulling it's share of the load.

Avatar and sig img courtesy of vincentstuntdbl#23
TheBigCat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-18, 07:06 PM   #7240
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigCat View Post
It's like every year ESPN pulls something out of their closet to make America dislike the Patriots...
America doesn't need additional hype to hate the Patriots.