Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Sports > Sports Discussion > NFL Thread Pt. II

Sports Discussion 42! 23! 16! ...wait.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-18, 02:48 AM   #7231
Peggy Sawyer
Blew Up the Hatch
 
Peggy Sawyer's Avatar
Re: NFL Thread Pt. II

Wow, I can't believe KC let the woeful Titans beat them in the wild-card game. Mariota threw a touchdown to himself, and KC just clammed up after that. A few officiating errors, but no excuse here--KC was flat in the second half and gave whoever draws Tennessee next week a quick entry into the AFC Championship game. Hope it's NE!
__________________
Peggy Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-18, 08:11 AM   #7232
Peggy Sawyer
Blew Up the Hatch
 
Peggy Sawyer's Avatar
Re: NFL Thread Pt. II

The Rams laid a Seahawk egg losing to Atlanta. Under three minutes left, a QB playing his first playoff game, first-and-goal from the 5 with a chance to get back in it, best running back in football (possible MVP) and what's the call? Pass, pass, pass, pass.

Two underdogs take wild-card Saturday.
__________________
Peggy Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-18, 08:57 AM   #7233
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog
 
Mr Mo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The restaurant at the end of the universe
Posts: 23,724
Re: NFL Thread Pt. II

The bottom two seeds in the NFC next week will both be from the NFC South. Right now 60% of the NFC teams still alive are all from the same division.

____

Bills and Jags is a tough one for me. I've lived most of my life in upstate NY, but i lived in Jax for a while too, and actually saw the Jags play at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium. They both have a sort of a "Cubs of the NFL" ethos for me. I guess withe the Bills as the 6 seed, i'll root for Jax just to avoid having Buffalo play in Foxboro again this year.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
I've always appreciated your restraint, Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-18, 10:50 PM   #7234
soup
Holds Darlton Under..Forever
Carries Big Stick
 
soup's Avatar
 
Dynomite Champion!
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Land of Misfit No-Birthdays
Posts: 16,227
Re: NFL Thread Pt. II

Saturday night date with the Titans for the Pats while the Jags and Steelers beat each other up. All according to plan.
__________________
screw photobucket
soup is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-18, 01:45 AM   #7235
Peggy Sawyer
Blew Up the Hatch
 
Peggy Sawyer's Avatar
Re: NFL Thread Pt. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
Saturday night date with the Titans for the Pats while the Jags and Steelers beat each other up. All according to plan.
Yep, pretty much.

Buffalo blew it in the usual fashion--foregoing the run in the red zone. I didn't really want to play them for the third time this year, so that's all good. Only thing better would be if Jax has one of its "on" days and takes out Pittsburgh next Sunday--but either way, you're right, those two defenses will have a dogfight with each other.

Plus the Pats have a little extra motivation with the impending departure of the two coordinators, the ESPN nonsense, and so forth.
__________________
Peggy Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-18, 05:20 AM   #7236
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog
 
Mr Mo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The restaurant at the end of the universe
Posts: 23,724
Re: NFL Thread Pt. II

I'd think Pats fans would rather face Pittsburgh than the Jags. You already know you can take the Steelers, and iirc the Jags are currently considered the best overall team in the league (although i know how much that's really worth). I take the Jags to stay hot and win a close game.

So the Saints beat the Panthers for the 3rd time this year. Sorry, 2fingers (not sorry). They're headed to Minnesota, where they lost a squeaker in week 1. Both teams are playing much better now than they were then. I think this game could go either way. GO SAINTS!

Atlanta has been very hot lately, and if i was the Eagles' defense, i'd be nervous. It's not often that a 6 seed can take down a 1 seed, but i think this is a soft 1 seed and a hard 6 seed. I give a slight edge to Atlanta.

I don't see Tennessee giving New England much of a work-out. New England by 9.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
I've always appreciated your restraint, Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-09-18, 08:47 PM   #7237
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog
 
Hodgepodge's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Where it never rains!
Posts: 24,761
Re: NFL Thread Pt. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Sawyer View Post
The Rams laid a Seahawk egg losing to Atlanta. Under three minutes left, a QB playing his first playoff game, first-and-goal from the 5 with a chance to get back in it, best running back in football (possible MVP) and what's the call? Pass, pass, pass, pass...
This was a no brainer for me.

Although, I still think McVay deserves the "Coach of the Year" award, they looked exactly like I expected them to look. Like a deer caught in headlights.

Again, cudos to the whole Rams organization!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post
I'd think Pats fans would rather face Pittsburgh than the Jags. You already know you can take the Steelers, and iirc the Jags are currently considered the best overall team in the league (although i know how much that's really worth). I take the Jags to stay hot and win a close game...
After watching that game, I'm still trying to figure out how they won the AFC-South, because this team is anemic Offensively.

In their win against the Bills, Borttles (spl) had more rushing yards than passing yards. And I saw the passes he attempted. He missed wide-open receivers in the flat. We're talking about 5-yrd. passes, that he missed by five yards. He's really bad!

The only thing that keeps this team afloat is their Defense. I don't expect "Big" Ben to throw 5-INTs this game, which means, I don't give the Jags a chance in HELL of beating the Steelers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post
...So the Saints beat the Panthers for the 3rd time this year. Sorry, 2fingers (not sorry). They're headed to Minnesota, where they lost a squeaker in week 1. Both teams are playing much better now than they were then. I think this game could go either way. GO SAINTS!
Mr Mo, I think they can go into Minnesota and beat the Vikings. Yeah, the Vikings have one of the better Defenses, but wait until they get a hold of Brees.

The Panters decided to take the run away from the Saints. A run game that had two RBs with over 1500yds. from scrimmage. That's almost unheard of.

So, Brees took the game over. There was a drive the Saints put together in the 2nd-quarter, that was masterful. IIRC, Brees was 8-8 for the drive with a TD. I watched it in awe.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post
...Atlanta has been very hot lately, and if i was the Eagles' defense, i'd be nervous. It's not often that a 6 seed can take down a 1 seed, but i think this is a soft 1 seed and a hard 6 seed. I give a slight edge to Atlanta...
I think the Falcons are rounding into shape for another NFC title. I don't see the Eagles winning this game with Foles under Center.

The only problem I see, is the weather in Philly. I'm telling you guys, Teams should refuse to play Teams during the playoffs if that Team is in a cold/wintery climate, and of course, no dome.

I don't care what Peggy says, no one enjoys watching a playoff game in inclimate weather.
__________________
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-10-18, 01:51 PM   #7238
soup
Holds Darlton Under..Forever
Carries Big Stick
 
soup's Avatar
 
Dynomite Champion!
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Land of Misfit No-Birthdays
Posts: 16,227
Re: NFL Thread Pt. II

Mo, while you aren't far off on assessing a Pat's fan preference of opponent beyond the Titans, though we are not looking past them, I think I would take Jacksonville and their offensive ineptitude vs. Pittsburgh's weapons and experience. The Jag's D is for real and could give them fits, but I still think it'll be Pittsburgh.

This ESPN thing couldn't have come at a better time. Draws the ranks in even tighter. When with they ever learn? We won 2 SB's under the specter of Deflategate. Create a nonsense issue about the Patriots, it only serves their purpose better.

I look for a big Gronk-day Saturday night.
__________________
screw photobucket
soup is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-18, 10:47 AM   #7239
TheBigCat
SOUNDERS...erm...SEAHAWKS FTW
Carries Big Stick
 
TheBigCat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Green Hell, temporarily leased out to the 12th Man.
Posts: 18,369
Re: NFL Thread Pt. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
Mo, while you aren't far off on assessing a Pat's fan preference of opponent beyond the Titans, though we are not looking past them, I think I would take Jacksonville and their offensive ineptitude vs. Pittsburgh's weapons and experience. The Jag's D is for real and could give them fits, but I still think it'll be Pittsburgh.

This ESPN thing couldn't have come at a better time. Draws the ranks in even tighter. When with they ever learn? We won 2 SB's under the specter of Deflategate. Create a nonsense issue about the Patriots, it only serves their purpose better.

I look for a big Gronk-day Saturday night.
It's like every year ESPN pulls something out of their closet to make America dislike the Patriots. Almost feels like (get your tinfoil hats ready) they are trying to artificially increase the number of people betting against the Pats.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news, so long, Darrell Bevell. It's just time for the Seahawks offense to start pulling it's share of the load.
__________________
Respect



Avatar and sig img courtesy of vincentstuntdbl#23
TheBigCat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-18, 07:06 PM   #7240
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog
 
Hodgepodge's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Where it never rains!
Posts: 24,761
Re: NFL Thread Pt. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigCat View Post
It's like every year ESPN pulls something out of their closet to make America dislike the Patriots...
America doesn't need additional hype to hate the Patriots.
__________________
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Sports > Sports Discussion »


Bookmarks

Tags
don't be hatin', gronk

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


» Latest Posts: All Discussion Forums
Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Forum
Vonne Watches Television - Hannibal... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
vonnegut
Today 05:31 AM
by FrodoFraggins
982 Featured TV General
What's New/Post-apocalyptic Zumba class ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
catnap
Today 03:46 AM
by catnap
243 Lostaways! :)
NFL Thread Pt. II ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
TheBigCat
Today 03:05 AM
by boonian androphile
7,257 Sports Discussion
The Last Jedi Hate Thread (contains... ( 1 2)
sgtdraino
Yesterday 11:26 PM
by sgtdraino
17 Movies General Discussion
Happy Anniversary Breaking Bad
The Ricksters
Yesterday 04:01 PM
by Zaphod of Whiskers
2 Breaking Bad
Lucifer - FOX Monday ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
sandi
Yesterday 06:39 AM
by kimny72
245 Featured TV General
» Online Users: 230
3 members and 227 guests
Dark Side Of The Moon, Ness
Most users ever online was 26,316, 05-12-14 at 11:02 AM.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.0

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:37 AM.

Graphic Design by Crazy Creative
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.