Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Game of Thrones > Season 8 theory thread

Old 08-28-17, 02:44 PM   #1
KevinNU7
Pushes the Button

Season 8 theory thread

If this thing doesn't end until 2019 I'm going to riot. Anyway let's start theorizing while it's fresh.

Seem obvious that Jon will find out he's a Targ, this could create some conflict on rightful heir but in the end I don't think it will matter because Jon will die. I believe Danny is now pregnant and will carry this baby to term and he/she could eventually rule. in the S7 finale the show casually said that her curse doesn't have to be real so I expect them to go there. So Jon dies but his legacy lives on.

I expect once Jon learns he's a Targ that Danny gives him a dragon to ride. I'm going to assume Jon dies killing the Night King in quite the air-CGI battle.
KevinNU7 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-29-17, 07:11 PM   #2
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Re: Season 8 theory thread

I agree that Jon's revitalizing Targaryan sperm will remove the curse and give Daenerys a child who will be the prince that was promised and all that nonsense.

I also agree that D will give J a dragon but with two dragons against one they'll both defeat the dragon at least but maybe not the rider at least not immediately. Maybe Bran and Sam will come up with a method not only to restore the dragon to life and to the good guys but that method could be used to transfer walking corpses into living allies and defeat the enemy that way. And not just the enemy previously north of the wall. 'Cause Cersei will certainly require some battle attention.

I predict that Cersei will kill Euron Greyjoy after he stupidly loses his fleet and all the Essos cargo to Theon? Really? No, there will be help but Euron will appear at the Iron Throne and will try to convince Cersei to donate all her trees but Cersei will see Euron for the bore that he is and have the Mountain reduce Greyjoy to our joy. Then The Mountain will face The Hound which may make for the best moment of the final season.
Old 08-30-17, 12:06 AM   #3
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

So many possibilities could have opened up if Cersei truly was working with the rest. Catapults of wildfire ammo would decimate the wight armies, and likely kill a lot of friendlies due to early explosions and such. Qyburns bolt throwers could keep the NK back a ways as well, although you'd think the allies could come up with a functional copy.

The only person to kill Cersei is Jaime imo. But the prophecy could include Tyrion, but I don't see that happening. The show tends to throw things in our face. Jamie has already chosen the right side, but what would it take for him to kill her? Will he become attached to his new allies and believe in them? Will Cersei have a child that isn't blond, meaning it's not his child? Will he go to her and ask her to surrender for her and the peoples own good? And if she refuses and threatens to wildfire the entire city will that be when he kills(strangles) her?

The only person to kill the Night King is Jon. But Dany could do it as well I guess, but I'm pretty sure the NK dies in hand to hand combat.

I wonder if Melisandre's shadow magic could be used on the NK. I always felt it was too powerful of a device honestly. But unless it can pick up dragonglass it would likely be useless.

We don't even know if dragonglass will kill him like it kills his generals.
FrodoFraggins is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-30-17, 01:12 AM   #4
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

I think they'll need to remove the NK's dragonglass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-30-17, 05:56 PM   #5
Cemeteryfixer
Arrives By Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoFraggins View Post
Catapults of wildfire ammo would decimate the wight armies, and likely kill a lot of friendlies due to early explosions and such. Qyburns bolt throwers could keep the NK back a ways as well, although you'd think the allies could come up with a functional copy.
Using the giant cross bow to send dragon glass bolts to stop the ice dragon or even the NK?
Cemeteryfixer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-30-17, 06:11 PM   #6
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemeteryfixer View Post
Using the giant cross bow to send dragon glass bolts to stop the ice dragon or even the NK?
well i was thinking of just using them on the dragon but he'll be riding it. It would be funny to kill the dragon and have him smash into the ground. He'd have to give his commands as a pile of bones.
Old 08-30-17, 06:22 PM   #7
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

We still have Dany's vision at the house of the undying. I'm not sure how literal to take it but the two major parts were

1) Dany is about to grab the iron throne but is called away by her young dragon

2) After she goes through the gate and north of the wall she meets Drogo and her unborn son who also seemed to have a major prophecy. Drogo says he wasn't ready to move on and was waiting for her. She is called away once more by her crying dragon though

I think #1 can probably be read as her choosing to go north rather than take the throne. Which happened in Season 7. But why was the keep burned down when she had that choice? In the show that hasn't happened yet. Does that mean if she took the throne it would be for a broken kingdom?

I'm not as sure on #2. Does it mean that she will finally leave her love of Drogo and her unborn son behind her to love another(Jon)? Does it mean that she'll die in the war and be reunited with Drogo?

Does the young dragon that pulls her away each time represent Jon? Or was that simply her own dragons in the tower breaking through the spells?

The visions reminded me a bit of the test Aes Sedai go through to get their ring in the wheel of time. But in one of those tests they are presented with an option of a perfect life to choose instead of their current life. That was sort of presented to her in the second vision with Drogo and her child.
Old 09-02-17, 07:07 PM   #8
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

Here's a decent explanation of the NK possibly being a character we know and other things. I still think some of this is likely true.

Spoiler: spoiler protection as youtube image shows theory
Old 09-03-17, 05:11 PM   #9
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

The theory is not impossible. However it will have to be better told than many of the events this season. Otherwise it's just lame writing nonsense.
Old 09-04-17, 03:32 AM   #10
Warthawg1
The American Idle
Cons the Conman

Send a message via ICQ to Warthawg1 Send a message via AIM to Warthawg1 Send a message via MSN to Warthawg1 Send a message via Yahoo to Warthawg1

Using Tapatalk there are pictures that show up on the forum page, and the pic for this thread reveals the basic idea behind what is spoiler tagged.

In my opinion it is theory anyway, and not spoiler. Plus using spoiler tags isn't quick and easy using Tapatalk, so I'm going to talk openly about the theory.

If anyone thinks it might be a spoiler.. they should read no further. I can't find spoiler tags in Tapatalk.

If true, what is the motive now for the NK. Uncle Benjen.. dead. His wight buddies ripped Hodor to shreads... His WW friends did their best to kill Jon. Is it just he was consumed by the cold and nothing of Bran remains?

To what BA said.. they are going to have to do a better job telling that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I walk across the dreaming sands, under the pale moon...

through the dreams of countries and cities, past dreams of places long gone, and times beyond recall.
Warthawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Game of Thrones »