Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Big Little Lies - HBO Sunday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 04-04-17, 07:58 PM   #11
Vickie
The Roaming Penguin
Trajan
Squishes the Frog

Send a message via Yahoo to Vickie
Re: Big Little Lies - HBO Sunday

have questions! Who finished it
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-17, 08:12 PM   #12
brdmom
Not bird, not bored...
Carries Big Stick

I read the book! Haven't seen the series. Was it good? Would it matter if I know how it ends?

Spoiler: spoiler for sandi when she's done watching...
You had some amazingly accurate guesses - do you think they were telegraphed in the series or just expected in this kind of story?
Or are you just brilliant?
brdmom is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-17, 08:12 PM   #13
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

I saw all the episodes. What questions do you have?

Formerly known as clayseason1
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-17, 08:14 PM   #14
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Originally Posted by brdmom View Post
I read the book! Haven't seen the series. Was it good? Would it matter if I know how it ends?

"spoiler for sandi when she's done watching..."You had some amazingly accurate guesses - do you think they were telegraphed in the series or just expected in this kind of story?
Or are you just brilliant?
I'm just that brilliant.

What guesses did I get right?

Old 04-04-17, 09:20 PM   #15
Vickie
The Roaming Penguin
Trajan
Squishes the Frog

OK here is my question and I am probably way off base..... is dead guy Ziggy's dad? I just feel like the looks that she gave him was of oh shit!
Old 04-04-17, 10:13 PM   #16
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Yes! Perry (Celeste's husband, the dead guy) is the guy who raped Jane which resulted in Ziggy's birth.

The realization was evident and when Jane remembered, she had visions of shooting him but, of course, she didn't have the gun with her. Perry also recognized her. Madeline certainly saw the truth of it -- I'm not sure about Celeste -- but most likely.

Old 04-04-17, 10:52 PM   #17
Vickie
The Roaming Penguin
Trajan
Squishes the Frog

so was 2nd wife (I am horrible with remembering names) just being helpful or did she know him too?
Old 04-04-17, 11:08 PM   #18
brdmom
Not bird, not bored...
Carries Big Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie View Post
so was 2nd wife (I am horrible with remembering names) just being helpful or did she know him too?
I don't think so. My impression from the book was that she had her own personal history of domestic violence, either as a child, seeing her mom abused, or in a previous relationship.
Old 04-04-17, 11:18 PM   #19
brdmom
Not bird, not bored...
Carries Big Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi View Post
I hope you do, Hodge. I thought the first episode was quite good.

I was all ready to dislike Reese's character but by the end of the episode, found her to be privately likable. At heart, she's very different from the public face she presents. I think she's quite likely insecure.

I don't think Ziggy is the one that attacked that little girl. My money is on the twins. Did you see how their father reacted when their mother kept playing down the incident? I think he might be a sociopath despite the idyllic scenes with his wife and children. And apples don't fall too far from the tree.

And how is that Ziggy's mom can afford an apartment (yeah it's low rent but still) on a part-time bookkeeper's salary? She either has money and is keeping a low-profile or someone is supplementing her income.

I can't wait to find out who the victim is and who the killer is. Really -- either one could be a number of people.
Quote:
I'm getting pulled into this shallow world!

So Renata has her daughter, Amabella, hand out invitations to her birthday party the first day of school. Ziggy is the only one who doesn't get an invitation (because Amabella accused him of choking her.) Madeline is upset for Ziggy (and also because Renata is working against her play -- I think). So Madeline invites everyone but Amabella to see Disney on Ice the same day and time as Amabella's party. How incredibly cruel of both of them!

Ziggy's teacher introduces a stuffed animal as their mascot -- Harry the Hippo and excitedly tells the class, each of them will be able to take Harry the Hippo home for a sleepover.

Madeline's daughter Chloe tries to get Amabella to accept Ziggy as a friend. So she tells him to do what her mom and dad do -- kiss, hug and dance. Chloe's half-sister nods in approval and Ziggy approaches Amabella.

Ziggy's mom, Jane, gets a call from the principal -- Ziggy is accused of sexual harrassment/misconduct.

It's plain how the parents are escalating their children's situation because of their own biases and problems with the other parents.

The twins have their turn with Harry the Hippo and at bed-time, their mom, Celeste notices Harry is missing a leg. (Like I said before -- apples don't fall too far from the tree. )

We still haven't gotten enough information to know who the murder victim is and who the murderer is.

But I'm going to take a wild guess at who the victim is. My money, at this point, is on Renanta. That's who I would shoot.
Quote:
I don't know why Renata got her panties all tw isted over Madeline arranging for six children (including her daughter Chloe) to go to the Disney on Ice, rather than Amabella's birthday party. And the trailers about that was so misleading! There were tons of people there -- all kinds of kids. It looked like a big success. Renata did make a remark about Chloe not being there -- like she was Amabella's best friend and/or Chloe not being there was some kind of social slight. I didn't get it.

Celeste and Perry go to a therapist and wind up disclosing the violence in their lives. The session was quietly emotionally charged and the scene was well done.

Ziggy has a family tree project due which Madeline comes over to help with (per Jane's request). Jane tells Ziggy he has no father and Ziggy becomes angry and gets sent to his room. Jane tells Madeline that she had met Ziggy's father in a bar and one thing led to another but when they became intimate, the man changed -- he became very "robotlike" -- something like that -- he hurt her. She never saw him again. So she tells Ziggy he doesn't have a father. I would like to know how she explains that. (I don't know why but -- I have a feeling that Perry is going to turn out to be Ziggy's dad.)

Madeline's oldest daughter, Abigail, is having problems at school -- grades are dropping. Her counselor calls Madeline in and during that meeting, Abigail tells Madeline she's going to live with her father for a while. Abigail cites not getting along with Madeline and the pressure Madeline puts her through as the reason. But I think something else may be going on.

While those reasons are true, I suspect Madeline's husband (Abigail's stepfather), Ed -- is attracted to Abigail and could have made advances to her -- or worse.
You were spot-on with the bolded ones.
I'm glad Ed turned out to be a good guy.
Old 04-05-17, 12:02 AM   #20
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

I got lucky.

And you know Ed was just too good to be true and then it turned out that he was. Ed is the best!

« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »