Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Game of Thrones > Game of Thrones - Fantasy League - Jon Snow Edition

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-17, 06:27 PM   #81
Dark Side Of The Moon
Seeks Rescue
 
Dark Side Of The Moon's Avatar
Re: Game of Thrones - Fantasy League - Jon Snow Edition

It's very clear Arya killed them. Arguing that point is silly.

The real question is how many points does she get? The rules say:

Q)Kills someone (other than Jon Snow): 5 points

The rule does not say 5 points for each kill and because that is not included as part of the rule, it intones that if the character kills someone, then 5 points are awarded.

Did the character kill someone? Yes.

5 pts.

No other details are necessary.

Last edited by Dark Side Of The Moon; 07-17-17 at 06:29 PM.
Dark Side Of The Moon is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-17-17, 06:38 PM   #82
Liz
Ridiculicious!
Hears the Whispers
 
Liz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Procrastinationville
Posts: 11,855
Send a message via AIM to Liz Send a message via MSN to Liz Send a message via Yahoo to Liz Send a message via Skype™ to Liz
Re: Game of Thrones - Fantasy League - Jon Snow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
It's very clear Arya killed them. Arguing that point is silly.

The real question is how many points does she get? The rules say:

Q)Kills someone (other than Jon Snow): 5 points

The rule does not say 5 points for each kill and because that is not included as part of the rule, it intones that if the character kills someone, then 5 points are awarded.

Did the character kill someone? Yes.

5 pts.

No other details are necessary.
SomeONE.
__________________
known for awhile as Found in the Land of Lost
I Mattie
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-17-17, 06:40 PM   #83
Dark Side Of The Moon
Seeks Rescue
 
Dark Side Of The Moon's Avatar
Re: Game of Thrones - Fantasy League - Jon Snow Edition

Do you have a point, or just enjoy the bold button?
Dark Side Of The Moon is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-17-17, 06:47 PM   #84
Ness
Tudel Agitaxatel
Sees Walt
 
Ness's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alaska
Posts: 6,277
Re: Game of Thrones - Fantasy League - Jon Snow Edition

Her point is that your argument is dumb.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-17-17, 06:52 PM   #85
Dark Side Of The Moon
Seeks Rescue
 
Dark Side Of The Moon's Avatar
Re: Game of Thrones - Fantasy League - Jon Snow Edition

Dark Side Of The Moon is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-17-17, 06:59 PM   #86
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob
 
vonnegut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In the Dreaming
Posts: 75,920
Re: Game of Thrones - Fantasy League - Jon Snow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Based on this, its kinda seeming like Arya shouldnt get the death points. Sorry to use your own words against you Kelly.
That's the argument I'm using to say she SHOULD get the points.

Because wondering who killed the Freys is absurd.

It's common sense clear.
__________________
Dream the world. Not this pallid shadow of reality. Dream the world the way it truly is. .



Love is no part of the dream-world. Love belongs to desire, and desire is always cruel.


vonnegut is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-17-17, 07:00 PM   #87
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob
 
vonnegut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In the Dreaming
Posts: 75,920
Re: Game of Thrones - Fantasy League - Jon Snow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
It's very clear Arya killed them. Arguing that point is silly.

The real question is how many points does she get? The rules say:

Q)Kills someone (other than Jon Snow): 5 points

The rule does not say 5 points for each kill and because that is not included as part of the rule, it intones that if the character kills someone, then 5 points are awarded.

Did the character kill someone? Yes.

5 pts.

No other details are necessary.
It's not per episode.

It's per death.
__________________
Dream the world. Not this pallid shadow of reality. Dream the world the way it truly is. .



Love is no part of the dream-world. Love belongs to desire, and desire is always cruel.


vonnegut is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-17-17, 07:01 PM   #88
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob
 
vonnegut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In the Dreaming
Posts: 75,920
Re: Game of Thrones - Fantasy League - Jon Snow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
That's the argument I'm using to say she SHOULD get the points.

Because wondering who killed the Freys is absurd.

It's common sense clear.
Again-- if someone wants to argue that Arya didn't kill the Freys, I will for the rest of the season maintain that no one can get death points because it's possible that it wasn't them, but was instead actually a Faceless Man.
__________________
Dream the world. Not this pallid shadow of reality. Dream the world the way it truly is. .



Love is no part of the dream-world. Love belongs to desire, and desire is always cruel.


vonnegut is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-17-17, 07:13 PM   #89
Dark Side Of The Moon
Seeks Rescue
 
Dark Side Of The Moon's Avatar
Re: Game of Thrones - Fantasy League - Jon Snow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
It's not per episode.

It's per death.
It doesn't say per episode or per death. All it says is Kills someone. If it is not per episode or per death, then the 5 pts. is used as soon as a character kills someone.
Dark Side Of The Moon is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-17-17, 07:17 PM   #90
nsguy
Moderator
Cons the Conman
 
nsguy's Avatar
Re: Game of Thrones - Fantasy League - Jon Snow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
It's very clear Arya killed them. Arguing that point is silly.

The real question is how many points does she get? The rules say:

Q)Kills someone (other than Jon Snow): 5 points

The rule does not say 5 points for each kill and because that is not included as part of the rule, it intones that if the character kills someone, then 5 points are awarded.

Did the character kill someone? Yes.

5 pts.

No other details are necessary.
I intended that to mean that each kill is worth five points, therefore it is possible to kill multiple people in an episode and get credit for each kill. In the same way that each curse is worth 3 points and each injury would be worth -2 points. Apologies if it was unclear, but that was the intent and how it was scored last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Again-- if someone wants to argue that Arya didn't kill the Freys, I will for the rest of the season maintain that no one can get death points because it's possible that it wasn't them, but was instead actually a Faceless Man.
I still want to discuss with my cohost. There are some similarities to the Qyburn wildfire thing from last season, except it's a little more obvious that Arya did it here.

I think there is still a little bit of uncertainty in this case though because Arya might have had someone else put the poison in the wine. She probably did it, but without actually seeing her do it who knows. As someone wise once said, pics or it didn't happen.
nsguy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Game of Thrones »


Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


» Latest Posts: All Discussion Forums
Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Forum
The Walking Dead S08E08 - "How It's... ( 1 2)
nsguy
Today 01:17 AM
by Zaphod of Whiskers
10 The Walking Dead
What's New/Splunking, Soldiers, + the... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
catnap
Today 01:16 AM
by Zaphod of Whiskers
9,582 Lostaways! :)
NFL Thread Pt. II ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
TheBigCat
Yesterday 12:33 PM
by Peggy Sawyer
7,197 Sports Discussion
» Online Users: 255
3 members and 252 guests
Dark Side Of The Moon, gertie, Riverbraid
Most users ever online was 26,316, 05-12-14 at 11:02 AM.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.0

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:23 AM.

Graphic Design by Crazy Creative
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.