Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Community > Lostaways! :) > What's New/Happy 2018!

Lostaways! :) Welcome Lostaways! Kick back, relax, and have a little fun!

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-17, 01:04 PM   #9621
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

Re: What's New/Splunking, Soldiers, + the Andromeda Strain

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
In other news, I posted a FB status of "What I want for Christmas: Pencils, Expo Markers, and Boxes of Tissues" and my FB people have frickin rallied. Apparently I have all kinds of classroom supplies coming my way. One of my wealthier networky-type friends actually got in touch with people who are going to send a lot of stuff through Amazon. I might get all my kids together to take a picture holding a "thank you" banner and send it to them.
awww I didn't see that. I haven't been on FB much this week. How wonderful people are stepping up

Quote:
Originally Posted by brdmom View Post
I'm shocked at how many of you have never had plum pudding. Frankly, I think it's nasty. Very dark fruit cake, lots of raisins. The only good thing about it is dousing it with brandy and lighting it on fire and the hard sauce. Hard sauce = butter, confectioners sugar and rum or brandy all whipped together. Basically, it's really thick buttercream frosting that you put on top of the plum pudding. My poor husband actually likes it, and I bought it one or two times (You can make it, but it's a project.), but since no one else likes it, it was kind of a bust.

I would like seafood - shellfish or some really good fish for Christmas.
That sounds...awful. (the plum pudding, not your Christmas food wish)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthawg1 View Post
I really don’t find it surprising at all that I haven’t tried something nasty that contains raisins.

Really.. it is like the most non shocking thing ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lmao for you it might even be dangerous, if there was a fountain around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azteclady View Post
THANK YOU, ALABAMA!!!!!
What news to wake up to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post
Congrats to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts on moving from #2 to #1 for "Healthiest State (or Commonwealth) in the nation." They passed LostViking and Tater's beloved Hawai'i, amazingly.
I saw that somewhere, but I need to find the actual story. Woo hoo!

Old 12-13-17, 01:06 PM   #9622
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthawg1 View Post
Scotch is a perfectly valid food group.

Although for me there is no need to mention other types of whiskeys. I love what I love and I am not going to change now. I drink 3 things, and 3 things only.
Good Beers, Margaritas, and Scotch. No Canadian whiskeys, no bourbons, no Irish whiskeys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is Scotch a whisky made in Scotland?

Quote:
Here's a recipe for Downton Abbey plum pudding. Has a picture as well.
http://www.sweetpaulmag.com/food/dow...ter-hard-sauce

We always had plum pudding at my grandmother's house on Christmas Day. Fortunately, my mother usually brought her Christmas cookies which were delicious!
I don't care for any taste of alcohol in food. I like to keep them separate

Old 12-13-17, 01:07 PM   #9623
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

OK one of the ingredients in that recipe is suet.

Isn't that bird food?

Old 12-13-17, 01:12 PM   #9624
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

Quote:
I guess more people are taking cat's Zumba class!
Yay for the Commonwealth.
those ladies sure do love their Zumba.

The class is like a big social group now, I can barely get them to stop chatting in a giant clump and make them work out. One of the ladies who is ALWAYS there fell on Monday (not in my class, just over something out on the gym floor) and she wasn't there. But when we finished class, she was actually outside the doors waiting to see everyone.

That's right, she came to the gym just to socialize with the Zumba ladies even though her arm was too injured to take class

Old 12-13-17, 01:30 PM   #9625
Long Con
Talks Backwards

Mr Mo - Jameson 18 is nice. Have had that before with a nice Cuban cigar!

Warty - What type of Margaritas do you like? Mango is my go to in the summer when grilling.

brdmom - I can share a few seafood recipes with you if you want to make something for Xmas dinner. Let me know if your interested.

Mass made it to #1 healthiest state? I will have to go look for that news.

"You needed a father figure and I needed a kidney, get over it!" - Coop

Old 12-13-17, 01:39 PM   #9626
brdmom
Not bird, not bored...
Carries Big Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Con View Post
Mr Mo - Jameson 18 is nice. Have had that before with a nice Cuban cigar!

Warty - What type of Margaritas do you like? Mango is my go to in the summer when grilling.

brdmom - I can share a few seafood recipes with you if you want to make something for Xmas dinner. Let me know if your interested.

Mass made it to #1 healthiest state? I will have to go look for that news.
Love Jamesons. When I went to Dublin with three of my college friends to celebrate one of our decade birthdays, we had a great visit to the Jameson Distillery.

Long Con - thanks for the offer of recipes. Unfortunately, what I need is to make everyone else in the family like seafood. Although my older son likes shrimp scampi, so I guess we're making progress.

Mildly freaking out about Christmas preparations, but IT WILL ALL GET DONE. It always does.
Old 12-13-17, 02:03 PM   #9627
Long Con
Talks Backwards

Quote:
Love Jamesons. When I went to Dublin with three of my college friends to celebrate one of our decade birthdays, we had a great visit to the Jameson Distillery.

Long Con - thanks for the offer of recipes. Unfortunately, what I need is to make everyone else in the family like seafood. Although my older son likes shrimp scampi, so I guess we're making progress.

Mildly freaking out about Christmas preparations, but IT WILL ALL GET DONE. It always does.
A visit to the Jameson Distillery sounds like fun! Any samples when you were there?

You're welcome... sorry they don't like seafood. It took years to ease my son into it and he loves it now.

I can freak too... my trees isn't up yet, no decorations out yet, not a present bought yet but I saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico!

"You needed a father figure and I needed a kidney, get over it!" - Coop

Old 12-13-17, 03:44 PM   #9628
azteclady
Reads. Crafts. Rabble Rouses. Rants.
Hears the Whispers

cat, crème anglaisse is a delicious dessert on its own, but the addition of the fruit makes it divine.

I wanna share something serendipitous that happened yesterday.

Background: I gained a lot of weight last year, when my mother got sick. A LOT. Like, by the end of 2016, I weighed more than during either pregnancy or while I was nursing. Back in March, I promised myself I would get back in shape. In August, I decided that when I reached a particular weight loss milestone (20lbs) I would reward myself with actual pizza.

Fast forward to yesterday: I have now been at the reward-level weight for almost two weeks, but I have put off the pizza, because if I buy an actual pizza I'll eat it in one sitting (this is my kryptonite, if anyone is wondering), which would totally derail the weight loss plan. So every day I bring my lunch to work, but yesterday I forgot it, and I was feeling grumpy that I would have to go find something somewhat healthy (and cheap) around here.

Then in walks a co-worker and her fiance, holding two pizzas to share with the office.

I had TWO slices (one, mushrooms and olives, one pepperoni) for lunch, and felt incredibly good about the whole thing.

Today, I'm still on target with the weight loss plan.
Old 12-13-17, 05:10 PM   #9629
gertie
I'll gertie
Squishes the Frog

I am one of those people who absolutely cannot stand raisins. Just ick.

Maybe you've heard of Sen Bob Corker. Republican, Tennessee.

Sis and I were getting me ready to goto a doctor visit, and I was scrolling. I asked, Sis, didn't you go to UT with him (pointing to a picture)? She went all glowing and said yes. Me - Is he as tiny as he looks on TV? Well, he's at least one inch, maybe two shorter than me.

I know that doesn't matter, I was just curious.

She said he had the most gorgeous eyes (she said Paul Newman) and was one of the nicest young man she had ever met. And filthy rich. Girls were gaga over him.

So, just sharing.

These bandages are falling off all over the place. Good thing I have those "grabbers".

Mark Twain:

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.

Last edited by gertie; 12-13-17 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-13-17, 05:38 PM   #9630
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

Quote:

It will! We have the same conversations here every year, and we all get it done

I'm so jealous you went to Dublin. Bucket list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azteclady View Post
cat, crème anglaisse is a delicious dessert on its own, but the addition of the fruit makes it divine.

I wanna share something serendipitous that happened yesterday.

Background: I gained a lot of weight last year, when my mother got sick. A LOT. Like, by the end of 2016, I weighed more than during either pregnancy or while I was nursing. Back in March, I promised myself I would get back in shape. In August, I decided that when I reached a particular weight loss milestone (20lbs) I would reward myself with actual pizza.

Fast forward to yesterday: I have now been at the reward-level weight for almost two weeks, but I have put off the pizza, because if I buy an actual pizza I'll eat it in one sitting (this is my kryptonite, if anyone is wondering), which would totally derail the weight loss plan. So every day I bring my lunch to work, but yesterday I forgot it, and I was feeling grumpy that I would have to go find something somewhat healthy (and cheap) around here.

Then in walks a co-worker and her fiance, holding two pizzas to share with the office.

I had TWO slices (one, mushrooms and olives, one pepperoni) for lunch, and felt incredibly good about the whole thing.

Today, I'm still on target with the weight loss plan.
Congrats! Losing weight is SO hard. The body naturally fights giving up any spare reserves that could be used in the event of no food being available.

Just keep on going, with treats in moderation to make it bearable. Glad you got to enjoy your reward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gertie View Post
I am one of those people who absolutely cannot stand raisins. Just ick.

Maybe you've heard of Sen Bob Corker. Republican, Tennessee.

Sis and I were getting me ready to goto a doctor visit, and I was scrolling. I asked, Sis, didn't you go to UT with him (pointing to a picture)? She went all glowing and said yes. Me - Is he as tiny as he looks on TV? Well, he's at least one inch, maybe two shorter than me.

I know that doesn't matter, I was just curious.

She said he had the most gorgeous eyes (she said Paul Newman) and was one of the nicest young man she had ever met. And filthy rich. Girls were gaga over him.

So, just sharing.

These bandages are falling off all over the place. Good thing I have those "grabbers".
What was your sister doing traveling with a Senator?

Closed Thread
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Community > Lostaways! :) »