Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Community > Lostaways! :) > What's New/Happy 2018!

Lostaways! :) Welcome Lostaways! Kick back, relax, and have a little fun!

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-17, 12:25 PM   #9531
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

Re: What's New/Splunking, Soldiers, + the Andromeda Strain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crissy View Post
Yep, after three boys. I'm not sure what I would do with a girl lol, I'll need to learn to braid hair.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Lol you don't know how to braid hair? What about your own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post
Nope. I called it first,.

It's not a bad idea actually. Of course, it would be better if it was in fact criminal.

Just be prepared to accept payment for the audits in brains. Quite possibly not the freshest brains on the market, either.

You're gonna love her so hard. Sure, she'll be more work than her older brothers, but you have her older brothers to shoulder the load. And she'll be sooo much more fun for you,
to all that last part. Not the brains part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Lmao at how you assume she will actually let you touch her hair.
That's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
AHEM. The record clearly reflects that I called girl first.
Ness FTW.

Old 12-06-17, 12:27 PM   #9532
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

Where did Warty go? I'm getting worried.

It's dark and rainy and it looks like night outside. I don't wanna go out there.

Old 12-06-17, 01:40 PM   #9533
Long Con
Talks Backwards

The bots almost got me a couple of years ago.
My son wanted the Ninja Turtle truck. Costed $30 I think. Sold out all the stores and online it was cranking up towards $200!
I love my son but wasn't spending that on a toy.
Got him tons of other stuff, he never realized he didn't get the truck and 2 months later we got it for his Bday at the regular price!

"You needed a father figure and I needed a kidney, get over it!" - Coop

Old 12-06-17, 04:47 PM   #9534
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

That was smart!

My sister just texted me that my niece brought my books in for show and tell. I am so touched...she's an excellent little reader. But the thing is, she's in third grade, and my books are not exactly recommended for 9-yr-olds. I hope they don't read any passages

Old 12-06-17, 05:01 PM   #9535
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

So I texted her that I hope they don't read them and now she's freaking. She said she forgot about the sex parts. Not sure how you forget that piece since they're primarily romance Maybe b/c the covers don't depict people.

Old 12-06-17, 08:05 PM   #9536
gertie
I'll gertie
Squishes the Frog

I remember giving an oral book report about something, and got to a mirror part, and the teacher ordered - demanded - that I sit down. I had no idea at that time what was going on in the novel, but I guess it was sex.

Funny now.

So, I took 2 pain pills. Sis had to take the whole day off to help me tomorrow. I am doing so much better, but am terrified. I will have to get independent and soon. I can somewhat walk, but getting to a car? Nope. I'm so iffy.

Since she and I have all day, and I barely see anything out of my balcony sphere, I'm not sure what to do. I want to do something. I'm thinking Cheese Factory and then Food Lion. Doesn't that sound exciting?

Believe me, that is a true outing.

Weather is getting coolish. TV says "Fall has arrived.". That may sound odd to some, but winter here is usually about 6 weeks. Harsh at times, but not very long. I am praying that I can manage and not rely on Sis so much.

In a reply to Vonnegut's lament about growing up in a small town - gee. Sorry it was so bad. My small town, smaller than hers, was a delight and I could not have dwelt in a better Eden than it. Norris had all kinds of intellectual, smart, all well-traveled people. There was never a topic that people were afraid of to mull about. Yes, it was rather snobby, but the clothes drives, food, money, you name it, my people were always foremost in providing. It was a very close community and lovely.

I miss it.

I also was so protected from evilness.

Why I said that? I don't know.

But lake water is so much more soothing than ocean water. Ocean water makes me want an immediate bath, although I do love the waves and tides. To relax in, lake.

Pill effect setting in. Can you tell? LOL!

Mark Twain:

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
Old 12-06-17, 10:53 PM   #9537
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

A mirror part? I need more on this

Old 12-06-17, 11:20 PM   #9538
azteclady
Reads. Crafts. Rabble Rouses. Rants.
Hears the Whispers

I get that grinch bots are trying to earn some money, but yeah, any kind of scalping should be illegal.
Old 12-07-17, 01:06 AM   #9539
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

Ocean water is deeper, pun intended. It's salty and dangerous and goes deeper than sunlight can penetrate. It's primordial and mysterious and WAY more dangerous, but also usually more bountiful. Ocean water is deadly to humans, but we couldn't possibly live without it.

Lakes have their own mystical magic. I enjoy visiting the ocean once in a while, and i won't pretend i haven't passed out on the beach at least a few times. But for a lengthy camp-out, i'd much prefer a lake (well, most lakes).

As for ocean beach house vs. lake house... i think ocean front beach houses win by a fairly significant margin, not that i'd pass on a free lake house mind you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Old 12-07-17, 04:36 AM   #9540
Ness
Tudel Agitaxatel
Sees Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gertie View Post
I remember giving an oral book report about something, and got to a mirror part, and the teacher ordered - demanded - that I sit down. I had no idea at that time what was going on in the novel, but I guess it was sex.

Funny now.

So, I took 2 pain pills. Sis had to take the whole day off to help me tomorrow. I am doing so much better, but am terrified. I will have to get independent and soon. I can somewhat walk, but getting to a car? Nope. I'm so iffy.

Since she and I have all day, and I barely see anything out of my balcony sphere, I'm not sure what to do. I want to do something. I'm thinking Cheese Factory and then Food Lion. Doesn't that sound exciting?

Believe me, that is a true outing.

Weather is getting coolish. TV says "Fall has arrived.". That may sound odd to some, but winter here is usually about 6 weeks. Harsh at times, but not very long. I am praying that I can manage and not rely on Sis so much.

In a reply to Vonnegut's lament about growing up in a small town - gee. Sorry it was so bad. My small town, smaller than hers, was a delight and I could not have dwelt in a better Eden than it. Norris had all kinds of intellectual, smart, all well-traveled people. There was never a topic that people were afraid of to mull about. Yes, it was rather snobby, but the clothes drives, food, money, you name it, my people were always foremost in providing. It was a very close community and lovely.

I miss it.

I also was so protected from evilness.

Why I said that? I don't know.

But lake water is so much more soothing than ocean water. Ocean water makes me want an immediate bath, although I do love the waves and tides. To relax in, lake.

Pill effect setting in. Can you tell? LOL!
Gertie, I think "a little snobby" may be an understatement...
Closed Thread
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Community > Lostaways! :) »