Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Fargo - FX Wednesday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 05-15-17, 08:51 AM   #231
ollie
Blew Up the Hatch

Re: Fargo - FX Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ricksters View Post
Face change from plastic surgery and about 30 years of aging. Hanzee couldn't be recognized by law and others and I think he was done being an American Indian (which is sad) He wanted to be the boss of a mob and power . He didn't feel respected and important as Hanzee.
Yep, I agree with all that.

I guess my issue is one of casting. It looked impossible for Hanzee to become the Tripoli character from S1 no matter how much surgery and his behaviour too was not consistent with Hanzee from S2. But hey, artistic licence and all that.
ollie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-17, 09:23 AM   #232
Dark Side Of The Moon
Follows the Cable

I can't help but wonder if this show would lose its charm without those thick upper mid-west accents and idiosyncrasies.
Dark Side Of The Moon is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-17, 07:58 PM   #233
Pi-o-my
Pushes the Button

How could Gloria determine that Ennis was the same person as Thaddeus Mobley on the basis of the photo in the clipping? She (and we) knew that he died at the age of 82 (in 2010.) So she should have expected that the year Mobley won the award (1975), Ennis would be middle aged (47), while the man in the photo doesn’t look like he could be over 30. Ennis having Mobley’s books under his floorboards could mean something entirely different than Ennis and Mobley being the same person. (Then again, I didn’t buy Season 2’s conclusion that somehow, between 1979 and 2000, Hanzee turned into a fat KC mobster.)

After Ray-as-Emmit demanded $10,000 at the bank, he then asked for an additional bit of money, quarters to pay for parking. (I wonder if Emmit owns this particular lot.) That puts his cash withdrawal over the 10 grand threshold, so there will be regulators looking into Emmit’s finances soon. And they’re bound to notice that Vargas got Emmit’s credit upped the same day as the cash withdrawal. Uh-oh.
Pi-o-my is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-17-17, 06:22 PM   #234
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Fargo

S03E05, "The House of Special Purpose"
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
10/9c - FX

Spoiler: Episode Description & Promo

"Nikki and Ray's retaliation has consequences for Emmit while Gloria and Winnie start connecting the dots." Source
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-18-17, 11:35 PM   #235
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Gloria and Winnie
They're on the right track in figuring things out but they messed up when talking to the sheriff. Gloria should have informed him that the killer was one of Ray's parolees and that Ray was fired from his job because of fraternizing with another parolee. (I'm not sure if she knows at this point that the air conditioner fell from Ray's criminal girlfriend's rented apartment or not. But she will find that out -- don't cha know!)

Ray and Nikki
Sending a sex tape to Emmit's house of the two of them with Ray posing as Emmit.
The goal was to extort money from Emmit in return for not showing the tape to his wife but she saw it anyway. Then Nikki wants double to convince the wife Ray was posing as Emmit on the tape.

Neo-natzi Varga
What a completely vile human being! The ethnic hatred was terrible and how disgusting of him to pee in Sy's cup and make him drink it!

Sy
Shame on you for not checking on Nikki after the bad guys beat her and left her for dead!

Enter The Widow
Mary McDonnell plays Widow Goldfarb who is interested in buying Emmit out and taking over the business. (I remember Mary McDonnell most from Independence Day, Battlestar Galactica and Grand Canyon. She's an excellent actress.)

Speculation: It's possible that the Widow is behind Varga & Co. Up until now Emmit would not have considered taking on a partner or selling his business. Now that Varga is backing him into a corner, Emmit (as Sy suggested) would probably love to sell the business and I think The Widow could get it cheap!

Formerly known as clayseason1
Old 05-19-17, 07:32 PM   #236
Pi-o-my
Pushes the Button

Quote:
Enter The Widow
Mary McDonnell plays Widow Goldfarb who is interested in buying Emmit out and taking over the business. (I remember Mary McDonnell most from Independence Day, Battlestar Galactica and Grand Canyon. She's an excellent actress.)
And don't forget Stands with a Fist from Dances with Wolves.
Old 05-19-17, 08:46 PM   #237
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

I did forget Dances With Wolves! She was excellent in that!

Formerly known as clayseason1
Old 05-22-17, 10:49 AM   #238
Dark Side Of The Moon
Follows the Cable

If this show weren't based on true stories, it would be sheer camp and I'd probably not bother with it. Being that this stuff happened, despite any creative license taken by its producers, makes this one of the most entertaining shows in the world today. People are crazy!

I just hope there's no alien spacecraft this time around.
Dark Side Of The Moon is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-24-17, 04:24 PM   #239
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Fargo

S03E06, "The Lord of No Mercy"
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
10/9c - FX

Spoiler: Episode Description & Promo

"Gloria and Winnie get closer to the truth; Emmit tries to make things right; Nikki and Ray prepare for payback; and Varga cleans up a mess." Source
Old 05-25-17, 08:30 PM   #240
Pi-o-my
Pushes the Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
If this show weren't based on true stories, it would be sheer camp and I'd probably not bother with it. Being that this stuff happened, despite any creative license taken by its producers, makes this one of the most entertaining shows in the world today. People are crazy!
This season of the tv series, the word "True" disappears in the credits before the word "Story" does. Are you familiar with the movie based on a true story that happened because of the movie Fargo?

http://kumikothetreasurehunter.com/

It's not a movie I'd particularly recommend but it's an interesting (fictionalized, somewhat Coenesque) take on what happened to a Japanese woman who thought the (original) movie was a documentary. It's especially interesting in light of Milos in the first season of the tv series, who found the bag of money left behind in the snow by the Buscemi character in the (original) movie.

Just to point out that, despite looking shorter than usual – LOTR-style camera tricks? – that’s Hamish Linklater (Gene aka Burned Man on Legion) playing the accountant who may sink, or save, the Stussy who’s been swallowed by the big bad wolf. I wonder if the accountant has the same problems Gloria does with not being recognized by technology. Given the horrific beating inflicted on Nikki, both Stussy brothers are in need of rescue.

Last edited by Pi-o-my; 05-26-17 at 04:14 PM.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »