Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > The Walking Dead > Walking Dead TV Discussion WITH Knowledge of the Comics (CONTAINS COMIC BOOK SPOILERS)

Old 10-31-11, 08:06 AM   #11
Tater
bottle rockets
Brainwashed in Room 23

Send a message via Yahoo to Tater Send a message via Skype™ to Tater
Re: Walking Dead TV Discussion WITH Knowledge of the Comics (CONTAINS COMIC BOOK SPOILERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostViking View Post
I think they are doing a good job of keeping with the theme in the comic that Rick's people stick together and never fully integrate with others they encounter.
Um... I am not really sure where you get that idea. They have integrated with a lot of the people they have met along the way. Tyreese had a good long run with them. Michonne has been around a long time. So has Abraham. Even with all the problems Herschel created, he still took his group and left the farm to live with them at the prison. Maggie has been around longer than anyone who was not one of the original survivors from Atlanta.

Heh... Maggie and Glenn have been doing a lot of "integrating".

I love the girl that was cast to play Maggie. I wonder just how close to the comics her first offer of sex to Glenn will be. That was awesome. If I was in a ZA, I'd definitely want some hot Maggie action in my life.
Tater is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-01-11, 11:49 PM   #12
LostViking
Plunderer
Squishes the Frog

Re: Walking Dead TV Discussion WITH Knowledge of the Comics (CONTAINS COMIC BOOK SPOILERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater View Post
Um... I am not really sure where you get that idea.
The consistent theme in the book was how Rick's group stuck together and were loyal to themselves no matter where they went. Yes, they added to their group, but each time: The farm, the prison, the governor's castle: they stuck together and never fully forgot their inner group.

The TV show is picking up that theme.
LostViking is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-11, 12:29 AM   #13
Tater
bottle rockets
Brainwashed in Room 23

Hmm... maybe. I always got the impression they weren't against adding to their inner group though. Certainly there were fringe expendable characters like Tyreese's daughter and her boyfriend but I'd say people like Maggie and Michonne would be considered a part of the inner group now.
Old 11-02-11, 09:13 PM   #14
sgtdraino
Keeper of Locke's Luggage
Carries Big Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater View Post
I guess killing off Otis so soon is one of those things done for the TV show that's supposed to be "shocking" for us TWD comic fans.
I dunno about that, but I did find it disappointing. I hope that other secondary characters in this series are not relegated to one or two episode arcs before they are dispatched. I wanted a chance to really get to know Otis, to care about him, before he got it in the neck. One of the great things about the comic book series, is that there is no guarantee as to what characters continue to survive for long periods of time, versus what characters could die at any minute. I don't want the show to run into a situation where the "main cast" feel like they are more-or-less untouchable until the end of the season, while all the guest characters automatically wear red shirts.
Old 11-03-11, 12:58 AM   #15
Cassiopia
Talks Backwards

they said otis was not the only one who will die and all of the chars are in danger and can die any time. so it is just who is next and when.
Old 11-03-11, 03:05 AM   #16
Jinjur
Hears the Whispers

Send a message via Skype™ to Jinjur

Walking Dead creator looks forward to going all George Lucas

For Robert Kirkman, who created The Walking Dead back in 2003 and has written each of the zombie-survival comic's 90-some-odd issues, being a part of AMC's hit series gives him the opportunity to re-examine some characters' fates.

Namely Shane (Jon Berenthal), who, by this point in the comics, was no longer a part of Rick Grimes' traveling survivor circus. And Kirkman is reveling in the opportunity to apply some hindsight to old decisions:
"To a certain extent, I've told these stories before and I did them my own way in the comic book. ... I work on the TV show, I'm in the writers room, and it's fun for me to look at it as a do-over. I can fiddle with things. I can play George Lucas, if you will, and I can think, 'Well, what would happen if Shane had lived? How would that change things?'"

If nothing else, it underscores the fact that, for longtime readers of The Walking Dead, all bets are off.

~Jj

Source
Jinjur is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-03-11, 03:32 AM   #17
Badger
Turns Purple
Sees Walt

Kirkman even vaguely comparing himself to George Lucas would be in some people's minds, sacrilegious.

He can fiddle all he wants but clearly the writers have thus far not followed his comic series to a tee.

And as far Shane's demise it can't come too soon. And for my own sanity and possibly my safety as well, it had better be as gruesome and gut wrenching as possible. Native American Indian ant mound torture, red hot pokers to the eyes and molten lead poured in his ears are only a few of the things Cassie has inquired about according to her browsing history. She's starting to scare me.
Old 11-03-11, 05:37 AM   #18
Jinjur
Hears the Whispers

Send a message via Skype™ to Jinjur

Jinjur is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-07-11, 08:08 AM   #19
Tater
bottle rockets
Brainwashed in Room 23

Hey Rick... you don't wanna be going near that barn...
Old 11-07-11, 09:28 AM   #20
Badger
Turns Purple
Sees Walt

The walkers in the barn I know about, but is there anything in the comics about the well walker? I ask because Maggie was clearly upset when he got wacked. And I doubt it had anything to do with simply seeing it. She acted as though she knew who he was, or used to be.

In fact, the entire well scene seemed to be a setup for future events. One of several in this episode.

Last edited by Badger; 11-07-11 at 09:30 AM.
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > The Walking Dead »