Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Designated Survivor - ABC Wednesday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 09-30-16, 01:24 PM   #21
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Re: Designated Survivor - ABC Wednesday

Quote:
Apparently, the Virginian Madsen character was designated by the Republican members of Congress as their representative.
I don't think it works like that. She's not in the line of succession or that's what it looks like to me. And we don't even know if she was secluded some where. The Republican party may have just seen a chink in the new president and sent in someone they think can undermine him and take the presidency out from under him. I think it might just be a power play.

Formerly known as clayseason1
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-16, 08:34 PM   #22
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Designated Survivor just got a full season! See article -- link

Old 09-30-16, 11:13 PM   #23
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi View Post
Designated Survivor just got a full season! See article -- link
That means we've got a full 22 episodes to figure out who's behind this bombing.
Old 09-30-16, 11:17 PM   #24
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
That means we've got a full 22 episodes to figure out who's behind this bombing.
That's right and the article also mentions another program you like -- Speechless -- getting a full season as well.

Old 10-03-16, 11:45 PM   #25
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
I don't think it works like that. She's not in the line of succession or that's what it looks like to me. And we don't even know if she was secluded some where. The Republican party may have just seen a chink in the new president and sent in someone they think can undermine him and take the presidency out from under him. I think it might just be a power play.
I was wrong about that. I didn't realize the entire Congress was wiped out.

"Capitol's been attacked.
Eagle is gone.
- Congress, the Cabinet."

and then ...

Quote:
President Tom Kirkman (to Republican Congresswoman Kimble Hookstraten): 435 representatives, 100 senators, and 9 justices. And now it's just down to the two of us.
All of Congress -- the Cabinet and --- the Supreme Court Justices!

So, Kirkman will need to appoint the Cabinet and 9 Justices! Wow! I guess the country will need to hold special elections for senators and representatives. What a mess!

A couple of scenes I loved ...
First, General Harris Cochrane (treasonous warmonger that he is) does compliment Kirkman in his bid to get the Iranians to remove their ships.
"Sir, I know we got off on the wrong foot.
You did a fine job staving off the Iranians last night."

But then he tries to push Kirkman into moving on Al-Sakar --

"But I am advising you that the country is on the brink, and talk will not work here. America is demanding action and I am giving you an enemy we can kill."

But Kirkman is made of stronger stuff and fires back:

"You think I don't want to strike back against the people who did this? I lost colleagues, friends, people I love. I want to find every single person involved in this attack from planning to execution and rip them limb from limb, which is why I need to know exactly who did this! Come back to me with more than 75%, and I'll launch the damn missiles myself!"

I absolutely loved that scene.

Another scene I loved was Kirkman's bluff to Governor Royce.
"Governor, you should also know that your police unknowingly picked up three undercover operatives working on a long lead investigation for Homeland Security. I can't give you their names because it's classified, and you don't have clearance. That is why I need you to release everybody that you've picked up today."

And when Royce refuses, Kirkman hits him with the clincher.

"Well, then, Governor, you'll be obstructing a federal investigation. I'm sure you're aware of the consequences for that."

The Governor stands down.

Of course we learned there were no undercover Homeland Security guys but how smooth was that?

Old 10-05-16, 12:25 PM   #26
nsguy
Cons the Conman

Designated Survivor
S01E03, "The Confession"
Wednesday - October 5, 2016
10/9c - ABC

Spoiler: Promo and Episode Description

"The FBI's investigation into the Capitol bombing continues, with Agent Hannah Wells starting to develop her own theories as to who's responsible. Meanwhile, President Kirkman and his staff deal with a high-level security breach of the White House, which they try to keep secret as Tom prepares for his first TV interview as POTUS."Source
nsguy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-05-16, 08:46 PM   #27
Pi-o-my
Pushes the Button

Backing up -- we haven't seen the third episode yet. And I thought it was a good cliff hanger. Surely her guy isn't the survivor they just pulled out, unless he's seriously damaged, and if it's someone higher up the line of succession, TPTB wouldn't have introduced the Other Designatee.

Have mixed feelings about this show's mix of good stuff and hit-you-over-the-head stuff. So we shall see how the balance works as it progresses. Nice scenes of the new Prez showing some backbone and political smarts -- and then he admits to the bluff in front of the Other Designatee. I realize we're watching a tv show so we know there's bound to be conflict between them, an advantage he doesn't have. But still, believe me, academics are just as aware of politics as politicians are.

Really liking what they're doing with the Kal Penn character. It's great that the Prez realizes right away that having a truth-teller around is valuable. And the bit with the policeman who turns out to not want to give him a hard time was very effective.
Pi-o-my is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-05-16, 10:59 PM   #28
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi-o-my View Post
Backing up -- we haven't seen the third episode yet. And I thought it was a good cliff hanger. Surely her guy isn't the survivor they just pulled out, unless he's seriously damaged, and if it's someone higher up the line of succession, TPTB wouldn't have introduced the Other Designatee...
I doubt it as well.

I'm still looking forward to her getting her point across to the President once she gets enough nerve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi-o-my View Post
...Really liking what they're doing with the Kal Penn character. It's great that the Prez realizes right away that having a truth-teller around is valuable. And the bit with the policeman who turns out to not want to give him a hard time was very effective.
Have to admit, I thought that cop was going to beat him senseless. It was a nice touch to realize he just wanted to know whether he'd lost someone too.
Old 10-07-16, 12:32 AM   #29
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Shame on the news woman for blindsiding the President under the current situation. This is a time for the media to get behind the President and help him bring stability to the country and its people. I'm not saying they shouldn't ask the question -- they should have given him advance notice or at least not ask him the question while the tape was rolling.

So, what does everyone make of the sole survivor not being in his seat when the bomb went off? And he doesn't remember? I can hardly wait for them to ask him why he left his seat.

Did anyone recognize the woman that gave the new Chief of Staff a file on Tom? And what do you make of that encounter?

Old 10-07-16, 01:49 AM   #30
nsguy
Cons the Conman

Quote:
So, what does everyone make of the sole survivor not being in his seat when the bomb went off? And he doesn't remember? I can hardly wait for them to ask him why he left his seat.
I liked that twist. Was out of his seat for something innocent or is he part of the conspiracy?

Quote:
Did anyone recognize the woman that gave the new Chief of Staff a file on Tom? And what do you make of that encounter?
I didn't recognize her. I know they were trying to make it look like the Chief of Staff is up to no good, but I think it's going to turn out that he really is on Tom's side.
nsguy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »