Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Sleepy Hollow - Fox Friday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 03-24-17, 05:13 PM   #601
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Cons the Conman

Re: Sleepy Hollow - Fox Friday

Rewatched last weeks epi and I did not like it for two reasons. Grown up Molly. I wonder what happened to her young self? Two Molly's simultaneously doesn't seem good for the space time continum. The second reason is that now Crane is taking over his son's job as the horseman of War. Gah. I'm sure Tom Mison is aching to be a bad guy though.
Old 03-28-17, 05:25 PM   #602
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

I thought this was an excellent episode and damn Henry! He fooled me again. At first, I didn't trust him, but then he repeatedly helped the gang with their mission to save Crane from fully becoming the Horseman of War. I was still hoping at the end that he was there to treacherously betray Dreyfus once he trusted him, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Henry just wanted his old job of the Horseman of War back.

Quote:
Two Molly's simultaneously doesn't seem good for the space time continum.
I know. Shouldn't she have just disappeared when Diana, her mother, didn't become the Horseman of War? I mean -- that changed Molly's future as her mother would still be in her life not Dreyfus. So future Molly, Lara, would never have been and would cease to exist. I'm wondering if TPTB are inferring that somehow her future remains close to the same even now with Henry back as War?

Conversely, maybe TPTB are using this as a way for Molly to be a more active Witness? I know I was struggling with a child being put in that position escpecially the times when she was frightened to death and hiding from monsters.

Formerly known as clayseason1
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-29-17, 04:16 AM   #603
kimny72
Seeks Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi View Post
I know. Shouldn't she have just disappeared when Diana, her mother, didn't become the Horseman of War? I mean -- that changed Molly's future as her mother would still be in her life not Dreyfus. So future Molly, Lara, would never have been and would cease to exist. I'm wondering if TPTB are inferring that somehow her future remains close to the same even now with Henry back as War?

Conversely, maybe TPTB are using this as a way for Molly to be a more active Witness? I know I was struggling with a child being put in that position escpecially the times when she was frightened to death and hiding from monsters.
I think this is most likely. If Lara sticks around, there can be two active witnesses. Because there is no version of time travel I've ever seen where Lara shouldn't have gone <poof> as soon as Crane got shot!

I'm not really feeling this storyline. The flash forward stuff seems distractingly cheesy to me. Like if a little kid were imagining a dystopian future. I actually think I would like it better if Malcolm were gone and Jobe was the big bad. In fact, I do think he's pulling the strings more than it seems, I still am not convinced he's just there because he is stuck to Malcolm due to the contract.

And this epi was a little risky - Ichabod was out of commission for most of it, and I felt it. I do like all the new additions, but I'm not emotionally attached enough to them to be totally cool with a semi Crane-less episode.

I love John Noble, and was not as annoyed by the Henry storyline as much as some others, but how many times can you resurrect the poor guy LOL! Did I hear correctly that this week is the finally? Is that for a hiatus, or is the season actually over?
kimny72 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-29-17, 09:03 AM   #604
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
In fact, I do think he's pulling the strings more than it seems, I still am not convinced he's just there because he is stuck to Malcolm due to the contract.
You raise an interesting point about Jobe. Malcolm circumvented the contract when he found a way to become immortal. I'm thinking the devil didn't like that. So, I can definitely see Jobe (the devil's demon) working on behalf of his true master, to ultimately deliver Malcolm's soul as the original contract intended.

And I don't like it when Crane isn't around very much either. He's why I watch. (And Tom Mison is my pick for the next Doctor Who if that situation should rise. )

Quote:
Did I hear correctly that this week is the finally? Is that for a hiatus, or is the season actually over?
It is the season finale -- only 13 episodes this time.

Old 03-29-17, 03:31 PM   #605
kimny72
Seeks Rescue

Quote:
You raise an interesting point about Jobe. Malcolm circumvented the contract when he found a way to become immortal. I'm thinking the devil didn't like that. So, I can definitely see Jobe (the devil's demon) working on behalf of his true master, to ultimately deliver Malcolm's soul as the original contract intended.

And I don't like it when Crane isn't around very much either. He's why I watch. (And Tom Mison is my pick for the next Doctor Who if that situation should rise. )

Well, darn it. So Grimm and SH are done on the same night . I hope we get another season of SH, I'd like to see all these relationships develop a little more.

And OMG he would ROCK as Doctor Who
Old 03-29-17, 04:10 PM   #606
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Well, darn it. So Grimm and SH are done on the same night
I'm going to miss Grimm so much!

Old 03-30-17, 12:06 PM   #607
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimny72 View Post
I think this is most likely. If Lara sticks around, there can be two active witnesses. Because there is no version of time travel I've ever seen where Lara shouldn't have gone <poof> as soon as Crane got shot!

I'm not really feeling this storyline. The flash forward stuff seems distractingly cheesy to me. Like if a little kid were imagining a dystopian future. I actually think I would like it better if Malcolm were gone and Jobe was the big bad. In fact, I do think he's pulling the strings more than it seems, I still am not convinced he's just there because he is stuck to Malcolm due to the contract.

And this epi was a little risky - Ichabod was out of commission for most of it, and I felt it. I do like all the new additions, but I'm not emotionally attached enough to them to be totally cool with a semi Crane-less episode.

I love John Noble, and was not as annoyed by the Henry storyline as much as some others, but how many times can you resurrect the poor guy LOL! Did I hear correctly that this week is the finally? Is that for a hiatus, or is the season actually over?
I really thought her injury would have put future Molly/Lara out of commission and by that I mean she would die. There by making her younger self safe again, her unpleasant "former" future being averted by the switching of who became the Horseman of War and by her mom, Diane Thomas, being still alive to pick her up from her sleep over. This is where the story line of the dystopian future played its part. I see how it all fits with that. However....
This is where future Molly/Lara should cease to exist. I do not know why she continued to ride along with Diane, her serious belly wound all healed. She should have poofed away. This is where Sleepy Hollow can start to "jump" again. Please don't. SH, you have been good this season.

I have been saying for a while now that Jobe is more than just Malcolm's servant, or his watcher. Jobe really has his own agenda coming up imo. He was annoyed with Malcolm at one point and it was nuanced within his eyes and comments. Jobe is like a geni in a bottle, summoned to serve Malcolm whenever he wants him to. But like the geni, Jobe is just waiting for Dreyfus to "ask that wish with a double entendre" advantage.

Quote:

Yes, there has been a few episodes in the past where Mison was not the featured player and had minimal screen time and he was missed by me as well. He's such a sweet know-it-all and he can roll with, spin his mis-spoken words into such funnyness.
But boy or boy, him as Dr Who or as I first read, Dr House, would be a new good venue for him.
I'm looking forward to him as a new cool character for some other show eventually.
Old 03-31-17, 03:55 PM   #608
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Sleepy Hollow - Season Finale

S04E13 - "Freedom"
Friday - March 31, 2017
FOX - 9/8c

Spoiler: Promo & Episode Description

"In the Season 4 finale, Dreyfuss finally has enough power to infiltrate the White House, and his group of minions now has the strength to take action, so it's up to Team Witness to stop him once and for all." Source
Old 04-02-17, 01:58 PM   #609
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Cons the Conman

A really enjoyable episode and a fine satisfying finale.
"Itch-abod Crane" by the cable guy had me and also scared something was going to happen to Jenni when Crane stepped out of that floor drawing. Nothing did.

Oi, then Krane and Lara/Molly went into Hell and it was a site to see wasn't it? It looked much like a cruise ship atrium only a lot taller. Maybe it was one of those floating city ships that board beau coup passengers. Satan was delightful and perfectly portrayed. Who was that actor? And he sorta reminded me of a mix of Colonel Sanders of KFC and Zerstorer. LOL again. Everyone played their parts nicely from Molly's wince to Crane zeroing in.

Henry Parrish, how in the hell did he listen to Crane and stop being the Horseman of War. That was confusing. I guess we all want to be accepted by our parents in some way or another. Crane never said he hated his son, just that he was remorseful he did have a hand in raising him. I wish that could happen, too, and Crane would raise his young Jeremy and old Henry would poof away. I do not like John Noble.

I loved how Jobe helped the witnesses in a round about way and then he got away from Dreyfus. Dreyfus was bossy to him and not really a companion. I wonder if Jobe would have felt differently about him if he was more of that.
I hope Jobe comes back next season. I hope all of them come back next season.
Old 04-05-17, 02:50 AM   #610
kimny72
Seeks Rescue

I really really really want there to be another season. Really.

It occurred to me watching this right after the Grimm finale how similar they are. They both have such sweet relationships working inside a pretty creepy premise.

I spent the majority of this episode with a smile on my face - all the funny one liners and silly modern-day moments with Crane, and then out of nowhere he's delivering a serious, Shakespeare-like speech, and it all makes sense!

I get the impression that if it returns, they intend for Lara to act as the witness. Send her off to "find herself" in the off-season, kind of like they had Crane and Jenny do last season, so she can come back and be a complete character. I still don't understand how she can exist, but whatever. I wonder if perhaps they intend for Crane and Diane to get together and thought it would be too much to have them romantically involved and have Diane be the acting witness as well. Or perhaps all the hinting at Jenny leaving means she won't be back, and they needed to set up another kick-butt supernatural expert to step in?

The hell scenes with Satan were super cool
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »