Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Midnight, Texas NBC Monday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 08-14-17, 10:39 PM   #11
Mr. Bill
Mostly Harmless
Squishes the Frog

Re: Midnight, Texas NBC Monday

Midnight, Texas
S01E04 - "Sexy Beast"
Monday Aug 14, 2017
9 PM - NBC

Spoiler: Episode Description & Promo

"An enigmatic woman with an insatiable appetite arrives in Midnight. Manfred teams with a group to venture to a roadside bar to stop the supernatural lady and protect their town's otherworldly anonymity. Also, Bobo faces dangerous bikers, and Olivia discovers a link to her father."
Source
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-16-17, 02:04 AM   #12
Dark Side Of The Moon
Seeks Rescue

Best show in this genre is The 4400. Wish it had never ended.

3 eps deep into this show and it just isn't quite good enough on every level. Almost, but not.
Dark Side Of The Moon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-16-17, 02:28 PM   #13
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

I avoided this because I was so done with vampire stories (after Vampire Diaries), but since you all have given it some good reviews, I'm going to watch it OnDemand.

Looking forward to conversing with you all on the show.
Old 08-16-17, 07:02 PM   #14
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
...3 eps deep into this show and it just isn't quite good enough on every level. Almost, but not.
Yeah, I kind'a agree with you.

I'm still in because of the characters, but there is something missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mile monster View Post
I avoided this because I was so done with vampire stories (after Vampire Diaries)...
Let me know when you're caught up, 9MM. I've got a question regarding Lemuel Bridger, the resident vampire in this series.
Old 08-17-17, 08:02 PM   #15
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Really enjoyed this last episode, Sexy Beast.

The inhabitants of Midnight are definitely right about things from the underworld being drawn to the town. Succubus!

Creek and Manfred are indoor body surfing and keeping it on the "down-low". I'm looking forward to the father finding out, so we can see his secret.

Speaking of Creek, her brother Connor has started following Manfred. He saw him go into a strip club, so he runs back and tells his sister. But, we all know he was looking for the Succubus.

I like it when the whole group gets together to solve a problem. Jigi always has a spell to keep them from getting into trouble. Oh, and she finally showed Bobo how she really felt about him.

I guess it was kind'a obvious Olivia was a hit woman. Not sure why it didn't occur to me before this episode. The guy who was following her won't do that again.
Old 08-18-17, 12:50 PM   #16
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

The Pilot

I am intrigued by this show. Quirky and interesting characters make me want to know more about them. It, so far, really isn't a vampire show persay, but full of a variety of paranormal denizens.

The main guy, gypsy psychic, has that ability to conjure up spirits for real. Sometimes others come through along with the one person conjured. He is an "opener" of doors. I like the quirky fact of him being a gypsy and traveling in a VW bus (ha Magic Bus) and that he doesn't have complete control over what happens.

The out vampire and the blonde (from Vampire Diaries). The actor, Armand I think, always gives a statelyness to his character, ups the ante of quality acting imo. What is up with him and the blonde? Lovers for sure, but she has quite an arsenal along with an anger issue.

Then there is Joe and Chewy, the only names I've got. I think they are gay, and that is interesting because angels have always been depicted as sexually ambiguous.

The reverend has got to be a werewolf because of not being around during the full moon.

LOL the cat, at first I thought it was just Fiji's familiar, and maybe he is, but that voice LOL again.

Then the show turns out to be a murder mystery along with the paranormal.

My complaint is that the dialogue is delivered many times in a cheesy way, choppy manner. I get that the director may be trying to set a tempo and tone for the show. But the delivery of the lines makes me think the actors have not developed "chops" yet and they were chosen because of being new, cute and cheaper.

Looking forward to seeing more episodes, but I'll have to rewatch this one so Mr 9mile can enjoy this with me.
Old 08-18-17, 08:02 PM   #17
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
...The main guy, gypsy psychic, has that ability to conjure up spirits for real. Sometimes others come through along with the one person conjured. He is an "opener" of doors. I like the quirky fact of him being a gypsy and traveling in a VW bus (ha Magic Bus) and that he doesn't have complete control over what happens...
Don't you just love his grandmother? If I'm not mistaken, it was her idea to go to Midnight, Texas. Remember again, she had the same gift as he has. Apparently, it was passed down to him from her.

Quote:
...The out vampire and the blonde (from Vampire Diaries). The actor, Armand I think, always gives a statelyness to his character, ups the ante of quality acting imo. What is up with him and the blonde? Lovers for sure, but she has quite an arsenal along with an anger issue...
Oh 9MM, I couldn't agree with you more about, Peter Mensah.

Reading his bio, I found out his stateliness may come from the fact he was born in England. He also comes from a very academic family.

Oh, and he and Olivia are definitely lovers. And, I just realized for the latest episode, he helps with her anger issues.

Quote:
...Then there is Joe and Chewy, the only names I've got. I think they are gay, and that is interesting because angels have always been depicted as sexually ambiguous...
They're definitely gay. And, I'm waiting with bated breath to see if Chuy has a gift.

Quote:
...The reverend has got to be a werewolf because of not being around during the full moon...
There's an episode dedicated to him in the not so distant future.

Quote:
...LOL the cat, at first I thought it was just Fiji's familiar, and maybe he is, but that voice LOL again...
Not sure yet whether everyone in town knows about Fiji's cat. But, she knows everything about potions and such. Plus, if you haven't guessed yet, she has a large crush on another inhabitant of Midnight.
Old 08-18-17, 08:34 PM   #18
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

Yes, Hodge, Grandma did tell him to go to Midnight as he would be safe there. Hmm. She knows something that is really not obvious to us at all.

Thank you, Peter Mensah is his name, Arnand is the last name of young Manfred. I'm still learning all their names.

Chewy's gift, Joe ain't gonna tell us.

Thanks for the discussion here. I'm not going to read anything back until I catch up.

Dark Side, I'm enjoying you take on things as well. I did read the first few posts.
Old 08-18-17, 09:37 PM   #19
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
...Chewy's gift, Joe ain't gonna tell us...

Don't forget I've still got that vampire question for you when you're caught up.
Old 08-19-17, 04:48 AM   #20
kimny72
Seeks Rescue

I agree with you guys - this show is right on the fence. It's good and there's just a little something missing. The story could be a little tighter, the dialogue could be a little smarter, the acting could be a little better. I'm enjoying it, so I'm sticking with it hoping it will find it's feet. I'm thinking as they start to flesh out some of the characters a little more it will help!

The ummm romance between Manfred and what's her name is kind of boring. What's the deal with her family that has them in Midnight?

My faves so far are Grandma and the vampire LOL. How do I keep getting hooked on shows where that kind of sentence is possible???
kimny72 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »