Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Music > Band and Artist Discussion > Tori Amos

Band and Artist Discussion Discuss specific bands and artists right here.

Old 07-06-08, 06:27 AM   #11
Leia Amos
Newsflash, Hairdo
Cons the Conman

Re: Tori Amos

LadyLaceWing, As a fellow EWF and Toriphile going on 15yrs (ah, I still remember the first strains of Tear in my Hand wafting through my friend Kristianne's Discman headphones in the highschool drama basement...) ...anyways, I say YAY for your post. I agree with those songs, first 2 albums stole my heart, though I have to say Pele has some of my favorite songs to listen to daily and we all have specific emotions for less single-ized tunes as well.
Peace, love, and faeries?

News on Comic Book Tattoo, I will update soon.

I <3 you guys.
Leia Amos is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-09, 01:16 AM   #12
Leia Amos
Newsflash, Hairdo
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SICKDude
http://www.toriamos.com/main.asp

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tori Announces Her New Partnership With Universal Republic Records

The official press release announcing the new merger:

NEW ALBUM ACCOMPANIED BY GROUNDBREAKING
NEW VISUAL COMPONENT DUE IN SPRING/SUMMER OF '09

(New York, NY) Innovative; influential; poetic; bombastic - indefinable multiple Grammy nominee, Tori Amos, has teamed up with Universal Republic Records, it was announced today by Monte Lipman, Co-President and COO of Universal Republic Records. "We're honored to welcome Tori Amos into the Universal Republic family," stated Mr. Lipman. "It was Doug Morris (Chairman & CEO, Universal Music) who originally signed Ms. Amos to her first recording deal, and we're excited that they will be able to continue their association via Universal Republic. Tori has always exemplified the truest spirit of the independent artist, blazing a path for nearly two decades with a legacy of incomparable conceptual breakthroughs; as singer/songwriter; as social commentator; and as one of our most thought provoking visual performers. We're thrilled to be in a position to help facilitate the next chapter of her amazing career."

In a unique venture in keeping with Ms. Amos' and Universal Republic's unconventional approach to the artist/record company relationship, the two powerhouses have joined forces to jointly navigate Ms. Amos next release, as well as correlate other ventures in tandem with Ms. Amos' prolific creative output. Her upcoming Universal Republic debut (her tenth studio album), is currently scheduled for a late spring/early summer 2009 unveiling. Every track on the album will be accompanied by a corresponding 'visualette,' featuring footage that has been captured over the past year. Shot in HD and Super 8, the visualettes will incorporate a documentary style. "Tori is very much looking forward to a fulfilling creative relationship with Monte Lipman and the great team he has assembled at Universal Republic," stated John Witherspoon, Amos' manager, "The intricate development of this unique Audio Visual component to Tori's musical presentation, which she has been crafting through her own Galactic Media company, is indicative of the outlier creative and strategic opportunities both Tori and Universal Republic hope to build upon in this extraordinary relationship."

I <3 you guys.
Old 02-05-09, 05:54 PM   #13
frogge
Eats, bugs & geeks
Sees Walt

Hmmm, after reading ladyLaceWing's post, I wonder if there are any Tori fans who haven't been with her for 15 years....

I'm pretty sure I showed up about six months late to Lil Earthquakes. The Under the Pink tour was my first Tori concert. (My aunt has stopped going to them with me; she feels too "old" at them. Luckily, my cousin still goes with me!)

ETA: Oh yeah, excited about a new album. I think that means I'll need to buy two CDs that come out this year.
Old 02-05-09, 06:13 PM   #14
Scott
Chat Killer
Carries Big Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SICKDude View Post
Hmmm, after reading ladyLaceWing's post, I wonder if there are any Tori fans who haven't been with her for 15 years....

Though I have the disadvantage of actually being only 17! :P I just became a fan when American Doll Posse was released (and when leia sent me loads of Tori's material!). Looking forward to the new album Hopefully she'll do an actual Scottish date on the tour for this album - last time she just did one show at a festival
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-09, 02:56 AM   #15
Vitriol
Ministry of Music
Hears the Whispers

Tori usually doesn't play festivals so that's different. She played three dates I think last time she was here in Chi. She could have made room in her schedule for Scotland.

"I wear a Stetson now. Stetsons are cool."
Vitriol is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-08-09, 02:57 PM   #16
Scott
Chat Killer
Carries Big Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitriol View Post
Tori usually doesn't play festivals so that's different. She played three dates I think last time she was here in Chi. She could have made room in her schedule for Scotland.
Yeah, I believe she played three stadium shows in England just after the Scotland date too. It was the T in the Park festival, if I recall correctly. Watched some of it on Youtube, was great. Hopefully the next tour she'll play a venue and it'll be a night dedicated to her.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-23-09, 05:34 PM   #17
Leia Amos
Newsflash, Hairdo
Cons the Conman

So, the album title has been announced, and she is headlining a festival, so there goes that standard. LOL.

ABNORMALLY ATTRACTED TO SIN
Due Spring 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by toriamos.com
TORI AMOS TO HEADLINE UNIVERSAL REPUBLIC SHOWCASE AT SOUTH BY SOUTHWEST MUSIC CONFERENCE ON MARCH 19

(New York, NY) There will be thousands of artists and tens of thousands of music fans gathering at over 60 venues for this year's South By Southwest Music Conference in Austin, TX, but all eyes will be on groundbreaking star Tori Amos, headlining one of the most anticipated events in the conference's two decade-plus history, on Thursday, March 19, at historic Austin club, La Zona Rosa.

The Grammy nominated singer/songwriter is headlining a star-studded Universal Republic showcase at the popular venue, sure to be looked on as one of the must-see events of the 4 day festival. Tori will be performing new songs from her upcoming Universal Republic debut album, ABNORMALLY ATTRACTED TO SIN, scheduled to hit stores and the digital domain this spring, as well as other classics from her influential repertoire.

Tori's recent signing with Universal Republic is in keeping with the inventive star's unconventional approach to the artist/record company relationship. Universal Republic will distribute Tori's new album, as well as correlate other ventures in tandem with Tori's prolific creative output. ABNORMALLY ATTRACTED TO SIN, her tenth studio album, is another innovative chapter in the artist's trailblazing story. Every track on the album will be accompanied by a corresponding 'visualette,' featuring footage that has been captured over the past year. Shot in HD and Super 8, the visualettes will incorporate a documentary style.

Tori's most recent album, AMERICAN DOLL POSSE, which has been hailed by Rolling Stone magazine as 'her best album in years,' was released in 2007 to a chorus of rave reviews. The captivating album, like many of her previous efforts, adhered to a strong conceptual theme, with Tori inhabiting multiple archetypal female personae, a testament to her willingness to continue to push the boundaries of the female singer/songwriter.

Regarded as one of the most emotionally fearless live artists in music today, her most recent world tour, launched in the summer of 2007, saw her soar with her first full-fledged rock band in nearly a decade. Media platforms such as the BBC lauded both her live show and album as 'returning Tori Amos back to the forefront of a genre she defined...still pushing her own boundaries.'
Groundbreaking star?! I love her immensely but that made me laugh. However, if I were closer to Austin and had a chance at tix, I would so be there! Yay new tour up & coming.

I <3 you guys.
Old 02-23-09, 06:07 PM   #18
frogge
Eats, bugs & geeks
Sees Walt

Old 03-10-09, 07:32 PM   #19
Becky
Sees the Whale -> 🐳

Exquisite!
The legendary Miz Tori Amos unveiled the official cover art and tracklisting today for her new album, the hotly anticipated Abnormally Attracted to Sin, out on May 19.
Additionally, the piano-playing goddess gave a brief interview to Spinner about the new collection of songs.
Click here to check out her chat!
Abnormally Attracted to Sin Tracklist
1. 'Give'
2. 'Welcome to England'
3. 'Strong Black Vine'
4. 'Flavor'
5. 'Not Dying Today'
6. 'Maybe California'
7. 'Curtain Call'
8. 'Fire to Your Plain'
9. 'Police Me'
10. 'That Guy'