Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > LOST > LOST Cast and Character Discussion > Michael Emerson in the media

Old 05-19-10, 06:48 PM   #81
snakey
Alvar's Bitch
Carries Big Stick

Re: Michael Emerson in the media

outside Jimmy Fallon's show

From this morning's View.

Last edited by snakey; 05-19-10 at 10:49 PM.
snakey is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-10, 03:27 AM   #82
snakey
Alvar's Bitch
Carries Big Stick

AP interview
Old 05-25-10, 10:30 PM   #83
snakey
Alvar's Bitch
Carries Big Stick

Access Q&A: Michael Emerson On The ‘Lost’ Finale & What Comes Next

By Jolie Lash

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
More than 13.5 million people tuned in for the series finale of “Lost” on ABC on Sunday night and while there were plenty of surprises in the two-and-a-half-hour show, one of the biggest was Benjamin Linus making it until the very end.

While fans were surprised, so was actor Michael Emerson — who plays Ben — when he found out that his island-obsessed character – the series’ most polarizing figure — found his way into one of the final scenes. To refresh your memory, he was found sitting on a bench outside the church, where Dr. Jack Shephard reunited with his friends on the other side.

On Monday, the morning after watching the season finale at home in Los Angeles with friends, and where he admitted to getting a little misty-eyed, Michael spoke with AccessHollywood.com about his post-mortem thoughts on the end of the beloved television series – and why Ben never made it inside the church.

Access: Now that you can talk about it freely, were you surprised Ben made it to the end?
Michael: I never expected him to go all the way to the end and to still be standing or sitting, so I was pleased about that and I was delighted with the way they resolved the Ben storyline, to leave him in the middle zone, to leave him unresolved.

You had to play both good and bad on the series finale. Difficult to jump back and forth?
Not too much. I mean, we’ve been doing that a lot on ‘Lost’ for many years, so I’ve just been in the habit of going with the flow and playing whatever was sent my way and I didn’t worry much that Ben seemed to have made a deal with the devil in the previous episode. I think he was just trying to stay alive, you know.

And he thought it would help his singular obsession of ruling the island.
Yeah, that thing that he cannot let go of.

Before the end, Hurley became the new Jacob and Ben became his No. 2. We’re you surprised he was able to take second chair or was he so desperate, he’d take anything?
I think Ben wants to do the work he felt that he was made for – he’s been humbled over the last season or two, and yes, I think he’s willing to take an assistantship if it means he gets to hold on and do the thing he feels he needs to.

And maybe because Hugo isn’t a real threat in the No. 1 position.
I think Ben has had an epiphany about what good governance is or should be and I think he sees that he may not be a perfect fit for the top spot. That maybe No. 2 suits him better.

Why do you think Ben didn’t get to go into the church with everyone else?
Oh, it makes perfect sense to me – that he’s not ready. He’s a long way from being able to let go.more
Old 05-26-10, 01:49 AM   #84
Randy Nations
Blew Up the Hatch

I really thought they handled Ben's "end" perfectly. I wouldn't have changed any of it.

"Tell me more about being a leader, Locke."
Randy Nations is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-01-10, 08:47 PM   #85
snakey
Alvar's Bitch
Carries Big Stick

'Lost,' 'Blood' stars visit Iowa
By SOPHIA AHMAD
On Sunday, Depot Crossing Restaurant in Grinnell had a star couple on its guest list. "Lost" actor Michael Emerson and his wife, "True Blood" actress Carrie Preston, were in town celebrating Emerson's father's 80th birthday.

Emerson grew up in Toledo, Ia., and studied theater and arts at Drake University before moving to New York City. The 55-year-old still has friends and family in the state, including Don Schrack, who owns Depot Crossing Restaurant. The two attended school together at South Tama County High School.

"I'm so pleased to see a friend from the deep dark past, and our lives are now crossing again in such a nice way, in such a festive way," Emerson said.

Emerson and Preston mingled easily with more than 50 guests at the party.

"I am just completely impressed with both of them - they're incredibly gracious people," Schrack said.

The couple live in New York City and visit Iowa nearly every year. Preston films "True Blood" in Los Angeles (she plays Arlene), and "Lost," in which Emerson played Ben Linus, was shot in Hawaii until the show ended May 23. It made for hectic travel schedules - the two would fly to visit each other whenever they could. Preston's frequent trips to Hawaii paid off. She landed the role of Emily Linus, Emerson's character's mother, in a flashback. It was Preston's idea.

"I pitched it as a funny thing. ... The show had been saying it wanted to find a part for me because I'm always there in Hawaii. ... I said to Michael, 'Wouldn't it be funny if I played your mom in a flashback ...?' He jokingly mentions it to the producers and within two weeks, I'm lying in a jungle giving birth to him," Preston said.

"File under: Be careful what you wish for," Emerson joked.

"Maybe he'll come onto 'True Blood' to play my dad - just kidding," Preston said.

Playing Ben Linus on "Lost," which had a viewership of more than 13 million in its sixth and final season, was surreal for Emerson. "Losties" recognize him and ask for photos and autographs wherever he goes - throughout North America and around the world.

"I still can't really absorb it. It's still shocking to me how popular the show was and how people seem to know who I am," he said.

Viewers were not the only ones who found if difficult to figure out the intricate plot lines of the ABC television show. Emerson said he was just as lost, so to speak.

"I'd spend a lot of time figuring out what the heck was going on. I never knew how it was going to end until I saw it broadcast," he said.

The couple will be in Iowa and Minnesota through Saturday.

"I feel like I've been gone for a very long time, but there's a sense of 'Oh, I know exactly how things work,'" Emerson said.

"It sure is beautiful this time of the year." Preston said.

"It's stunningly beautiful, it couldn't be more green." Emerson said.
source
Old 07-16-10, 11:14 PM   #86
snakey
Alvar's Bitch
Carries Big Stick

He would have been a great King Russell but maybe next season????

Next Up for Lost's Michael Emerson: True Blood?!
by Megan Masters

Ben Linus in Bon Temps—can you imagine?!

As a matter of fact, Lost's Michael Emerson can imagine such things. And so can True Blood sire Alan Ball, so there.

"When I see Alan, he always says 'We have to find something for you,'" Michael tells us, fresh off his much-deserved Emmy nomination last week. "I'm delighted to hear him say it."

And here's where the fun starts. More precisely, here's where we mapped out the perfect game plan for Michael's (fingers crossed!) gig on the show—alongside his lovely wife, Carrie Preston, of course...

Since each season of True Blood has brought us a new big baddie—maenad, serial killer, etc.—we pegged Michael as season four's badass.

"Yes, some new kind of supernatural creature," he tells us. "Or [I could play] just an everyday humanoid. I could be a pizza delivery man who's torn apart by werewolves."

Um, yeah, or not. Maybe we can just get him to be a Merlotte's regular so he and Arlene can share some screen time.

Needless to say, "I would be more than happy to do something on that show if they have the right part and I'm available. It would be a treat."

Now back to that Emmy talk! Michael tells us he's thrilled to be in the company of such talent—namely his equally phenomenal costar Terry O'Quinn (Locke/MIB).

Read more: http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/watch...#ixzz0tszFd5zj
Old 08-10-10, 11:38 PM   #87
snakey
Alvar's Bitch
Carries Big Stick

YESSSSSSS!!!! bleach the finale from my mind with this!

‘Lost’ Alums Emerson, O’Quinn Pursuing TV Project
by Associated Press
By Lauri Neff

NEW YORK – Michael Emerson confirms he and former fellow ‘Lost‘ star Terry O’Quinn are shopping around for ideas for a TV show.

Emerson says they both want something more lighthearted than ‘Lost.’ He hopes the show can acknowledge their “age and frailty.” Emerson says he envisions a show where, if their characters get hit in the face, they “don’t get up for a month.”

The 55-year-old Emerson and 58-year-old O’Quinn are both up for best supporting actor Emmy Awards.
http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv...ng-tv-project/
Old 08-29-10, 05:18 PM   #88
snakey
Alvar's Bitch
Carries Big Stick

Michael Emerson: Why I Haven't Prepared an Acceptance Speech
Michael Emerson is way too modest.
The Lost star may have taken home the Emmy last year for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, but...

He doesn't think he'll be doing the same tomorrow. "You know," he said last night at Entertainment Weekly's pre-Emmy party with Women in Film, "I haven't thought about it much this year because I just don't feel like I'm in the running."

Then who is? "It's hard to pick," said Emerson, who hit the Sunset Marquis soiree with his wife, True Blood's Carrie Preston. "Maybe Aaron Paul or maybe it's Terry O'Quinn's time again?"

Emerson said he'll wake up tomorrow, make breakfast and "run errands."

"There's not much preparation for me," he said. "I just try to stay out of the way because they'll be hair and makeup and all that stuff there for Carrie."

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc...#ixzz0y0pHBq8u
Old 08-30-10, 05:34 PM   #89
snakey
Alvar's Bitch
Carries Big Stick

Old 09-23-10, 10:18 PM   #90
snakey
Alvar's Bitch
Carries Big Stick

I lost a post somewhere along the way, lol. oh well-

Exclusive: Michael Emerson of 'Lost' on his new series with Terry O'Quinn
by Jeff Jensen

Say what you will about the way Lost wrapped up its six-year run, but few can deny that the rivalry between Island hero John Locke and Island rogue Benjamin Linus produced some awesome entertainment. Much of that had to do with the on-screen rapport of the show’s only acting Emmy winners, Terry O’Quinn and Michael Emerson. Both actors became close in the process of their TV sparring, and during the final season of the show, O’Quinn began talking aloud about the idea putting together a new show for him and Emerson. Now that dreaming is close to becoming reality: Yesterday, news broke that NBC was developing a new drama starring O’Quinn and Emerson produced by Lost co-creator JJ Abrams. The title and premise are hush-hush, but Abrams and co. were once kicking around a concept that would have the actors playing ex-black ops agents, entitled Odd Jobs. Sounds like the new Bruce Willis movie RED meets The Odd Couple. Whatever it is, we can’t wait to see it. Neither can Michael Emerson. We caught up with him via email and asked him for his reaction to the NBC pick-up. He couldn’t say much about the project itself — but as you can tell from his punctuation, he’s pretty !!! about the whole thing.
“I really am AMAZED that what started out as some kidding-around on the set of LOST has turned into a network TV reality! I’m still reeling from this sudden turn of events. I’m an actor who has never even succeeded in testing for a pilot and here I find myself involved in a project custom-built for Terry and me! Can’t tell you how thrilling it is to be part of the Bad Robot family and enter into this exciting collaboration with Warner Brothers and NBC! Have we ARRIVED or what?! But best of all will be that day when Terry and I show up on the set of a brand new show, look around, shrug our shoulders and say “Let’s get started!” My fingers are crossed! (Did I use enough exclamation points? Ha!)”
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/23/ex...jj-abrams-nbc/
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > LOST > LOST Cast and Character Discussion »