Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Game of Thrones > Season 8 theory thread

Old 09-04-17, 04:13 AM   #11
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

Re: Season 8 theory thread

Yeah I was just being safe with the spoilers. I have no reason to believe it is a true spoiler.

I was actually interested in the idea that Bran made the Mad King mad with his whispers. That hasn't been shown right? Is it just a theory?

If the theory turns out to be true then it maybe wasn't shown in Season 7 because it hasn't happened yet in the story's timeline. Maybe he wargs as a last resort but once he joins with the NK he loses himself and the NK simply gains his powers.

I'd say the theory is possible but very unlikely. As there has been zero hints other than the NK's ability to see and nullify bran's powers. The clothes connection is pretty flimsy.

The only reason I could see for them doing something like this in Season 8, would be as a possible way to create a weakness in the NK.
FrodoFraggins is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-17, 03:20 PM   #12
Warthawg1
The American Idle
Cons the Conman

Send a message via ICQ to Warthawg1 Send a message via AIM to Warthawg1 Send a message via MSN to Warthawg1 Send a message via Yahoo to Warthawg1

I can totally believe his whispers are what drives the mad king mad, but it has been speculated that "burn them all" referred to the army of the dead... so why would Bran be saying that while in the the time of the mad king when the WW were a dormant and distant memory? The king couldn't be expected to respond to a non existent threat.

It's a nice idea, but things like that and the current NK motivation behind his desire to zombify the world would require a LOT of explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I walk across the dreaming sands, under the pale moon...

through the dreams of countries and cities, past dreams of places long gone, and times beyond recall.
Warthawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-17, 05:27 PM   #13
ollie
Blew Up the Hatch

Lovin' this thread and enjoying reading the speculation for S8.

I really like the Bran theory and, although I couldn't really care if it turns out to be true or not, like others have said - if it is true then I hope the writing lives up to it.

My own thoughts on S8 are that Bran and Sam Tarly will be the most important characters in terms of "solving" the whole thing. Sam will no doubt find the clues/answers in the books he "borrowed" from the Citadel and Bran can check their veracity with his special skills. They can then advise accordingly.

The NK has not been shown to have any weaknesses but he MUST have them, otherwise why wait until now to do what he's doing? There's been absolutely no information on the NK and his motivations and/or his powers and so it actually makes a lot of sense for him to be revealed as being linked to an existing character. This is why I like the Bran theory.

Some other random thoughts:

- I hope there isn't endless battle scenes of the WW killing the living.

- the end game is the defeat of the NK so some characters seem to have run their course and are now expendable. Characters like Bron, Brienne, Varys, Ser Jorah, Gendry, the Greyjoys to name a few. I'm not saying I want all of these to be killed but I expected some of them to be killed in S7 so I defo expect many to die in S8. I also expect some big characters like Jaime and maybe even Arya or Sansa to be killed off. Cersei has to get her comeuppance.

- I want to know why and how Jon Snow and Beric Dondarion have been brought back from the dead.

- I expect Bran to be killed. No more 3-eyed raven for the New World once the NK is gone.

- I'm working on the basis there are no throw-away lines in GoT so much of what the 3-eyed raven said to Bran has to become meaningful - such as Bran flying, not getting stuck in the past, etc.

- there are only 6 epi's left - but these will be feature length. So there should be at least 7+ hours of story-telling left which I believe is plenty of time to tell a well-thought out and well-explained end to the whole thing. There is NO excuse WHATSOEVER for leaving things unanswered and ambiguous (like LOST) . The ending of everyone's story arcs HAS to make sense or I will be LIVID!!!!!

- I want to know more about the Red Women. We've seen 2 and they've both disappeared for a long time. Are they significant to the end game?

- the dragons are incredible so looking forward to seeing their roles in the final season too. I've got a feeling there will be no dragons in the New World either.

- I'd be shocked if any of the following characters were killed: Tyrion, Sansa and Arya (1 of them may be killed but not both), Jon Snow, Dany.
ollie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-17, 06:10 PM   #14
Warthawg1
The American Idle
Cons the Conman

Send a message via ICQ to Warthawg1 Send a message via AIM to Warthawg1 Send a message via MSN to Warthawg1 Send a message via Yahoo to Warthawg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
There's been absolutely no information on the NK and his motivations and/or his powers and so it actually makes a lot of sense for him to be revealed as being linked to an existing character. This is why I like the Bran theory.

Huh?

How does having no information on the NK and his motivations mean it makes sense to have him linked to a character?

The only lack of motivation evidence comes if he IS linked to Bran. As it stands without that link, he has plenty of motivation. Death is always the enemy of the living. I have no problem understanding motivation as things are right now. I can't understand it now if he is Bran.

I walk across the dreaming sands, under the pale moon...

through the dreams of countries and cities, past dreams of places long gone, and times beyond recall.
Warthawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-17, 08:12 PM   #15
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
The NK has not been shown to have any weaknesses but he MUST have them, otherwise why wait until now to do what he's doing? There's been absolutely no information on the NK and his motivations and/or his powers and so it actually makes a lot of sense for him to be revealed as being linked to an existing character. This is why I like the Bran theory.

We haven't seen him in combat. His generals are no match for Jon Snow and I'm not sure he'd fare any better. If you kill his army he's gonna be pretty limited in power. Even him on a dragon isn't enough anymore.

He may die to dragonglass weapons for all we know. And if not, cutting off his head will likely work. I personally think he will die in combat vs. Jon. That's the kind of cinematic thing the showrunners love.

Quote:
- the end game is the defeat of the NK so some characters seem to have run their course and are now expendable. Characters like Bron, Brienne, Varys, Ser Jorah, Gendry, the Greyjoys to name a few. I'm not saying I want all of these to be killed but I expected some of them to be killed in S7 so I defo expect many to die in S8. I also expect some big characters like Jaime and maybe even Arya or Sansa to be killed off. Cersei has to get her comeuppance.
The way they've framed it, the end game could very well be defeating Cersei and breaking the wheel. They just have to defeat the NK first.

Quote:
- I want to know why and how Jon Snow and Beric Dondarion have been brought back from the dead.
I don't think the show or books will ever explain it or the various gods.

Quote:
- there are only 6 epi's left - but these will be feature length.
They each CAN be feature length. I've seen no mention they all would be.

Quote:
- I want to know more about the Red Women. We've seen 2 and they've both disappeared for a long time. Are they significant to the end game?
I think they need to be significant for the endgame

Quote:
- the dragons are incredible so looking forward to seeing their roles in the final season too. I've got a feeling there will be no dragons in the New World either.
most likely

Quote:
- I'd be shocked if any of the following characters were killed: Tyrion, Sansa and Arya (1 of them may be killed but not both), Jon Snow, Dany.
I can easily see Sansa and Dany dying. they kind of hammered the fact that Dany hasn't set up an heir.

Tyrion and Arya are great characters but near the end of their usefulness so they could be sacrificed as well. Although that's more likely to happen in the books than the show.
Old 09-04-17, 08:15 PM   #16
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthawg1 View Post
Huh?

How does having no information on the NK and his motivations mean it makes sense to have him linked to a character?

The only lack of motivation evidence comes if he IS linked to Bran. As it stands without that link, he has plenty of motivation. Death is always the enemy of the living. I have no problem understanding motivation as things are right now. I can't understand it now if he is Bran.

The theory only makes sense if Bran warged into the NK but is stuck without any control. But that's not as pithy as Bran is the NK. It would simply be a tragic end to the character. Again, I don't think that's the likely scenario as what's the fun in that?
Old 09-05-17, 08:01 PM   #17
*Saint*
Starving Artist
Talks Backwards

Alright, time to chime in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post
I think they'll need to remove the NK's dragonglass.
Ooh, excellent point! That means they have to get close enough without being killed themselves in the process. The NK usually stays behind his army - or in the one case at Hardhomme, in front - so that could be an interesting battle and follow through with canon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoFraggins View Post
Here's a decent explanation of the NK possibly being a character we know and other things. I still think some of this is likely true.

Spoiler: spoiler protection as youtube image shows theory
I don't know why, but I HATE this theory, and I have seen a lot of chatter about it online. I guess it just seems to easy, too...lazy to blame it on Bran and his current inability to control his warging.

Now, might Bran be a byproduct? Eh, maybe. Like he accidentally caused a series of events, but to end up trapped and actually BE the NK? While I respect those who love that theory, I hope we venture in another direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonian androphile View Post
The theory is not impossible. However it will have to be better told than many of the events this season. Otherwise it's just lame writing nonsense.
I didn't mind things this season save for much of Bran's storyline...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthawg1 View Post
I can totally believe his whispers are what drives the mad king mad, but it has been speculated that "burn them all" referred to the army of the dead... so why would Bran be saying that while in the the time of the mad king when the WW were a dormant and distant memory? The king couldn't be expected to respond to a non existent threat.

It's a nice idea, but things like that and the current NK motivation behind his desire to zombify the world would require a LOT of explanation.

EXACTLY.

I enjoy the NK/WW storyline, I just want an explanation that is a little less solvable by fans. I want to be surprised, not say, "Duh. We knew that was going to happen..."

...I only enjoy saying that when a character I have loathed, Joffrey, Viscerys, Ramsey, dies a fantastically horrible death.
Old 09-13-17, 07:38 AM   #18
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

Here's an interesting theory dealing with the WW's and the Isle of Faces

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7939331.html

The main reason I don't really believe this theory, at least with regards to the show is that there's been no foreshadowing of the island. I think it was only mentioned once.

But if that was their destination the story could go in several directions. I'd probably want to kill off the children if I were them.
Old 09-13-17, 08:07 AM   #19
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

I do have a question regarding the NK's generals. We've only seen the NK being turned. I wonder if a lot of his generals were turned at the same time or if he created them. I also wonder if all of Crasters male children that are turned become those genrals as we've only seen the NK, his generals and the wights.
Old 09-13-17, 02:37 PM   #20
deelunn
Pushes the Button

I think that the old 3eyed raven telling/stressing the point that Bran he is going to fly.will come true, I think he wargs a dragon, perhaps the dead one, maybe Rheagon after Jon is killed in mid air and the NK thinks all is well.
Jaimey is gonna kill Cercie, when she attempts to kill Tyrion.
deelunn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Game of Thrones »