Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > The Sinner - USA Wednesday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 08-02-17, 01:14 PM   #1
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

The Sinner - USA Wednesday

The Sinnner - USA
S01E01 "Part I"
Wednesday, Aug 2, 2017 @ 10/9c on USA

Spoiler: Description and Trailers
About
More:
"THE SINNER STARRING JESSICA BIEL AND BILL PULLMAN IS COMING TO USA!
An eight episode close-ended series, The Sinner follows a young mother (Jessica Biel) who, when overcome by an inexplicable fit of rage, commits a startling act of violence and to her horror has no idea why. The event launches an inverted and utterly surprising crime thriller whose driving force is not the “who” or the “what” -- but the “why” -- as an investigator (Bill Pullman) finds himself obsessed with uncovering the woman's buried motive. Together they travel a harrowing journey into the depths of her psyche and the violent secrets hidden in her past. The Sinner premieres summer 2017." Source

Episode One Description: "In the premiere, an unassuming housewife violently stabs a beachgoer to death, sparking an investigation by local police and sudden confusion in a small town." Source

sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-02-17, 10:39 PM   #2
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Re: The Sinner - USA Wednesday - Premieres Tonight!

I've really been waiting for this one.

Looking forward to the backstory on why this woman would stab and kill an unknown stranger.
Old 08-03-17, 04:05 AM   #3
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

That was okay. I'll probably watch again next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-17, 10:09 AM   #4
Dark Side Of The Moon
Burned the Raft

Maybe it is because my expectations were low but I thoroughly enjoyed this show.
Dark Side Of The Moon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-17, 05:35 PM   #5
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

I thought it was quite compelling. I'm not a big Pullman fan but this role seems right for him.

I'm thinking Jessica Beil's character has some repressed memories of horrible events which includes the guy she killed, raping or hurting someone, maybe herself. The trigger was the music being played which was created by the victim and his band so it's not like she would have heard that music over the radio -- she had to be somewhere where their music was playing and something horrible happened. IMO

Formerly known as clayseason1
Old 08-03-17, 08:02 PM   #6
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi View Post
I thought it was quite compelling...
I was completely enthralled in the story.

Don't think I've seen Jessica Beil in anything else, but she took over this role. She was never over the top, but stayed in the moment throughout the episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi View Post
...I'm thinking Jessica Beil's character has some repressed memories of horrible events which includes the guy she killed, raping or hurting someone, maybe herself. The trigger was the music being played which was created by the victim and his band so it's not like she would have heard that music over the radio -- she had to be somewhere where their music was playing and something horrible happened. IMO
I got the impression TPTB are giving us three possible reasons for her action.
  • I like your idea Sandi. This theory was also running thru my mind. A point brought up during the questioning of the murdered boys buddy. 'When she first stabbed him, he grabbed her arm, now Frankie's a strong guy, but when he looked up it was like he recognized her and took his arm down.'

This was my initial theory. This guy rapped her. She blocked it out of her mind until the music on the beach.

• Something else this buddy said brought up another possible theory. 'She said to Frankie's girlfriend, "He's not going to mess with you again. You're okay!"'

Add to this, the conversation between Cora (as a young girl) and her mother when she brought her sister home from the hospital. "I prayed every minute so your sister would survive. I want you to do any and everything possible to keep her alive." I assumed she meant, do anything you're asked to make life easier.

If Cora didn't protect her sister from their father when she was little, in her mind, she did it on that beach.

• I also got the impression, Cora was an abused child growing up. If she couldn't protect herself, maybe she felt she was suppose to protect her sister. Which she didn't do until the incident on the beach.
Old 08-09-17, 08:22 PM   #7
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

The Sinnner - USA
S01E02 "Part II"
Wednesday, Aug 9, 2017 @ 10/9c on USA

Spoiler: Description and Preview

Episode Two Description: "Cora tries to block Ambrose's continuing investigation, while Mason struggles to come to terms with secrets from Cora's past." Source
Old 08-10-17, 09:53 PM   #8
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Re: The Sinner - USA Wednesday

Man, this is an excellent series so far.

I'm still trying to figure out what's going on, but the ride forces you to never blink.

At her Arraignment, Cora pleads guilty to 2nd-Degree Murder. Before the Judge accepts her plea, she wants Cora to undergo a psych-profile. We find out later, it was Det. Ambrose's idea. He's definitely trying to lookout for her.

Ambrose meets with Cora to again, try to figure out why she's pleading guilty. Okay, she definitely stabbed the guy, but he wants to know why. After a little brow-beating, she tells him about an incident where she met the victim at a bar in another town. This was five years ago.

She'd been drinking, but they hooked up back at his place. A few weeks later she finds out she was pregnant. She tries to find him, but she eventually realizes he gave her a bogus name.

Anyway, she finds him tells him about the impending baby and he tells her he doesn't want to become involved. She's Catholic, so an abortion is out of the question. So, she decides to take care of it another way.

While walking how from her encounter with Frankie, she steps out in front of oncoming traffic. She sustains a broken leg and the embryo dies. Harry investigates all of this information, and he finds out she's been lying about all of the circumstances.

Trying to force some kind of emotion from Cora when he tells her she's lying, he plays the song playing when she stabbed Frankie to death. She goes berserk and hits Harry the same amount of times and in the same location where she stabbed Frankie.

Throughout this episode, we get additional flashbacks that reinforces my theory Cora was molested as a child.

Her mother threw the father out of her bed when her sister was brought home from the hospital. He slept in Cora's bedroom. Also, this mother was a piece of work.

She blamed Cora for the sisters illness, because Cora doesn't pray enough. Cora also eats candy brought to her by her aunt. Another strike against a 5-year old girl.
Old 08-16-17, 06:38 PM   #9
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

The Sinnner - USA
S01E03 "Part III"
Wednesday, Aug 16, 2017 @ 10/9c on USA

Spoiler: Description and Preview

Description: "Ambrose unearths a startling secret about Cora that changes the course of the investigation; Mason takes matters into his own hands." Source
Old 08-16-17, 06:45 PM   #10
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Re: The Sinner - USA Wednesday

No way I could stop watching this series after last nights episode.

Several secrets were brought to the surface.

The episode opens with Cora's little boy calling for his mommy while he walks through the house. He opens the front door and drags his blanket outside. We then hear a cars horn blow. Cora wakes in a state. This was a dream.

But, she decides to call Mason and ask him to bring their son to visit. He agrees without hesitation.

ETA:

Det. Ambrose is continuing to delve into Cora's case. He pays a visit to her parents. If you remember, Cora told him her parents were dead. Anyway!

The mother is very sick. She needs breathing apparatus to make it thru the day. The father doesn't look like he's aged a day from the recollections we've seen from Cora's flashbacks.

They haven't talked to Cora in years since she ran away from home. Ambrose asks, "Why didn't you file a missing person report?" According to her mother, "she died the day she left home,"

Another thing we found out from this interview was Cora's sister, the one that was sick from the day she was brought home from the hospital, died a couple of months after Cora left. Not sure how important this information is, but it stuck with me.

Cora is having another dream in her cell. There's a couple having sex. The girl says, "give her another hit, it'll loosen her up." I assume they're talking about Cora, and you'll see where this is coming from.

Within this same dream, a woman's sternum is crushed when a man steps right between her breasts. At that point, Cora wakes up screaming and is given a sedative by jail guards. Rolling up her sleeves to inject her, the camera/guards notice several needle marks. Was Cora a drug addict?

Ambrose visits her the next day and asks her about the needle marks. She explains when she left home five-years ago, she became a heroin user. She told him it got so bad, she'd exchange sex for a fix.

She aks Ambrose not to tell Mason. She told him the marks were from a childhood infection. If he found out the truth, he wouldn't want anything else to do with her. Plus, he'd tell his parents and their son would eventually find out. Ambrose tells her he can't promise they won't find out.

We next find out, Cora had a visitor. Her aunt who we briefly met when Cora was very young. We saw her give Cora a candy bar, which got her into trouble with "mommie dearest".

Visiting the aunt, Ambrose finds out Cora spent some time living at her apartment. She'd just left a detox center and her mother had put her out, so she came to live with her aunt.

Mason does come to visit Cora in jail, but doesn't bring their son (can't think of his name right now). He somehow found out about her drug habit. He's pissed she's lied to him again.

There's another scene of Cora and her sister as young girls. The sister is brought into Cora's room because the father wants some alone time with mommy. The girls have a strange conversation in which the sister admits she doesn't really believe in God. Or, that he's listening to everything they say.

Another strange scene, Ambrose spots his dominatrix in the grocery store. I won't go into details about what she does, but I will say, he pays her a visit that night for a little S&M.

Mason tracks down J.D. at a bar. He's supposedly the guy who got Cora hooked on heroin. He starts a fight with the guy, and they're both taken to jail. Now, the police officer who arrests Mason is the girl who has a little soft spot for him. So, he may get off!

At Cora's "plea" hearing she's confused what to do. Her court appointed attorney says, the prosecution is willing to accept a sentence of 30-years "with" the possibility of parole. That means, she could get out with good behavior.

I think she wants to plead not guilty until she sees her parents in the court-room. Guilty!

Ambrose visits Cora one last time in jail. That's one last time, if he can convince him she can fix a heroin shot. He's brought everything required except sugar will be the substitute for the drug.

Cora can't do it. She has no idea how to make-up a heroin shot. She was apparently someone's drug slave. They shot her up and used her for sex.

The last scene of the episode...Cora's in her mind again. This time someone walks into a room with a mask over their head. Two holes cut out for his eyes, and two for his nose and mouth. "How are you feeling today, Cora?" he asks.

I'm completely dumbfounded. But, I don't think I can't wait for the next episode.

Last edited by Hodgepodge; 08-18-17 at 12:52 AM.
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »