Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > The Sinner - USA Wednesday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 09-06-17, 11:35 PM   #21
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Re: The Sinner - USA Wednesday

The Sinnner
S01E06 "Part VI"
Wednesday, September 6, 2017 @ 10/9c on USA

Spoiler: Description and Preview

"As Ambrose begins to waver, Cora convinces him to take his greatest risk yet for the case." Source
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-17, 06:46 PM   #22
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

This episode felt like nothing more than a filler. Remember, this is only an 8-episode miniseries, so their are only two episode left.

I will say, I've heard of erotic asphyxiation, and to see it in action was something else. Especially when he actually stopped breathing. The dominatrix really thought she'd killed him. Just curious, how do you explain that call to 911?

911: 911, what is your emergency?
Caller: Uh...we were having sex, and he stopped breathing. Okay, honestly, I was chocking him during sex and he stopped breathing.

I thought Det. Ambrose blackmailing the Judge for the order to have Cora released into his custody was funny.

Now, the State Police woman thinks J.D. was killed by one of his drug clients. I'm not so sure. I don't think it's a coinky-dinky that it happened while he was being investigated for his involvement in these murders.

Plus, once we saw a flashback of the guy in the mask, didn't he look much shorter than J.D.?

OMG! The scene of Cora and her sister in bed wasn't shocking to me. As I've mentioned, she's the instigator in a lot of what happened to her.

How stupid is Mason? He goes over to J.D.'s house to, what, kill him? He finds him shot dead. He goes to the lake and throws his gun into the water. Then, this idiot confesses he called 911, then confesses he went to the guys house to shoot him. Now, because he threw "his" gun into the lake, he has no way to prove he didn't shoot the guy.
Old 09-08-17, 03:27 PM   #23
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt

Man Cora has issues. She is a victim, but I agree with you Hodge that she repeatedly was willing to victimize herself. Serious issues.

But as to who locked her up, and why? There has to be more to this, right? If they throw out some random killer or person we've never seen at the end who did it, how seriously lame would that be?

My guess is still that the guy she killed on the beach is the guy who was drugging and raping her at the club. Or at least one of them. He was probably friends wit hthe drug dealer guy, who was super manipulative. And he did mention something about her loving 3-ways. So Cora, JD and the murdered guy were the guys at the club.

I also think those guys killed the other girl to keep her quiet.

Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Lawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-09-17, 07:15 PM   #24
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawboy View Post
Man Cora has issues. She is a victim, but I agree with you Hodge that she repeatedly was willing to victimize herself. Serious issues...
Lawboy, as a child, her parents treated her like the "reason" her sister was ill. And, that didn't change as the girls grew up.

Take into consideration that she believed everything her mother said, she was willing to do whatever necessary to bring a little joy to her sister. Now IMO, Laine took advantage of the situation.

Yeah, she's got issues, but they were all brought on by a domineering mother, and an apparent father who wouldn't back her up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawboy View Post
...My guess is still that the guy she killed on the beach is the guy who was drugging and raping her at the club. Or at least one of them. He was probably friends wit hthe drug dealer guy, who was super manipulative. And he did mention something about her loving 3-ways. So Cora, JD and the murdered guy were the guys at the club...
You maybe proven right, Lawboy. Personally I think that guy was just in the wrong place, at the wrong time, playing the wrong song.

I will admit, if that guy is involved, that will get her out of spending anytime in prison. But, if he's not involved, she'll have to spend a lot of time in a hospital for the criminally insane.
Old 09-11-17, 05:25 PM   #25
Lawboy
Sees Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
I will admit, if that guy is involved, that will get her out of spending anytime in prison. But, if he's not involved, she'll have to spend a lot of time in a hospital for the criminally insane.
Going back to the first epi, someone made a comment that the look on teh dead guys face was one of knowing. As if he knew who she was and was resigned to it. So my guess is the rest of this is telling us how he knew her, and why she might have been justified. He was the guy at the club in the weird mask.

Old 09-11-17, 07:05 PM   #26
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

There were multiple masks, so i'd guess there were multiple people using them. I'm getting a sneaky suspicion that one of those masks will fit perfectly over the head of Bill Pullman's character. ETA: I think part of the appeal of Mz arm-twister/ball-breaker is that our Detective feels the need to be punished for something that he can't bring himself to confess.

Lawboy, i remember the moment you mention from The Pilot episode. The stabbing victim starts to fight back, but then he sees Cora's face and just kind of gives up. I think even one or both of the witnesses on the beach blanket with him noticed it too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."

Last edited by Mr Mo; 09-11-17 at 07:08 PM.
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-17, 01:39 AM   #27
The Ricksters
Seeks Rescue

I watched the first episode over the weekend. Very good. Intriguing and mysterious . I hope her hot husband becomes at least a little more supportive in future episodes.
The Ricksters is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-17, 06:41 PM   #28
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ricksters View Post
I watched the first episode over the weekend. Very good. Intriguing and mysterious . I hope her hot husband becomes at least a little more supportive in future episodes.
It's only an 8 episode miniseries, so it maybe hard to chime in to the discussion before the finale.

But I think its the best thing on TV this early season.

DSOTM and I agree on the excellent job Jessica Biel is doing in the lead. And, Bill Pullman is superb as the detective.

To get your question answered, make sure and continue to watch.
Old 09-13-17, 06:52 PM   #29
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

The Sinnner
S01E07 "Part VII"
Wednesday, September 13, 2017 @ 10/9c on USA

Spoiler: Description and Preview

"Cora journeys into the past, finally remembering the night in question." Source
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-15-17, 05:53 PM   #30
Lawboy
Sees Walt

SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED YET:

Woah, what a crazy episode. Didn't go down at all how I thought it might. Frankie was having sex with Phoebe when she died? That really wasn't his fault at all, and Cora obviously let her guilt take over. Subconsciously blamed herself and took it out on Frankie when the music triggered the memory of Phoebe dying. Poor Frankie. Seemed like a decent guy.

The questions to be answered still:

How did Phoebe get home, or what did they do with her body after she died? I thought her parents said she died a month after Cora left, or was that her funeral?
Why was Cora then missing for 2 months? She was obviously in a dissociative state, but two months, drugged out(supposedly--can't trust her memory now). Man, what a mess this was.
Wasn't the business associate guy who ended up being the guy having sex with Cora also the attorney for the club and for JD? That guy is a piece of work.
And how did Maddie end up dead and covered in Cora's blood? Did they silence her to keep her quiet? Perhaps the arm marks were blood draws, not drugs? OR both?

Still a crazy finish is coming. And now that JD is also dead, the last big bad left is Tod? Frankie and JD are dead from that night. Who else had something to hide?

« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »