Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Scandal - ABC Thursday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 02-15-13, 03:05 AM   #21
abcdxyz
Blew Up the Hatch

Re: Scandal - Who is Quinn Perkins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdxyz View Post
It would be great to go a couple of eps without Fitz and Olivia slobbering all over one another, wouldn't it?
Didn't. Even. Make. It. ONE. Episode.
Old 02-15-13, 07:59 PM   #22
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Didn't. Even. Make. It. ONE. Episode.
They're in lust Abcdxyz!

The new character, played by Scott Foley, is going to be hard to get rid of. I say send Huck to deal with him.
Old 02-15-13, 08:27 PM   #23
abcdxyz
Blew Up the Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
They're in lust Abcdxyz!
Yeah. . . whatever. . .

I wish they'd show more of the "in love" part of the relationship. Sometimes it's hard to believe that even they think that this is anything other than a physical relationship. We had a few scenes of them talking on the phone and seeming to have an intellectual/emotional rapport, but mostly it's just panting and unzipping.

Quote:
The new character, played by Scott Foley, is going to be hard to get rid of. I say send Huck to deal with him.
Don't like his looks already. He's clearly stalking her and engineered the coffee-shop encounter. Who is he working for/with? Hollis Doyle?

I feel really sorry for David Rosen. He's right that Pope & Assoc have pretty much deprived him of his livelihood and career. He would be better served leaving D.C. and trying to start over somewhere else, but then he'd be out of our story, wouldn't he?
Old 02-15-13, 09:53 PM   #24
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Yeah. . . whatever. . .

I wish they'd show more of the "in love" part of the relationship. Sometimes it's hard to believe that even they think that this is anything other than a physical relationship. We had a few scenes of them talking on the phone and seeming to have an intellectual/emotional rapport, but mostly it's just panting and unzipping...
Abcdxyz, have you been watching the series from the beginning? Because, there's been quite a few instances of them carrying on a strickly platonic relationship. I'm talking about the scenes of them early in the campaign. She really lit a fire under him, and made him a much better candidate.

What I've found really strange is his wife condoning their relationhip. She's even put them together on occasion, because he's a better President when Olivia's around. That takes an understanding wife. Or, a wife who wants to be First Lady more than anything. I think its more of the latter.

Quote:
...I feel really sorry for David Rosen. He's right that Pope & Assoc have pretty much deprived him of his livelihood and career. He would be better served leaving D.C. and trying to start over somewhere else, but then he'd be out of our story, wouldn't he?
They've destroyed his whole life. But you have to give it to Olivia, it was never personal. And, she proved it when she came to his rescue in this episode.
Old 03-22-13, 03:25 AM   #25
abcdxyz
Blew Up the Hatch

I'm starting to really dislike Fitz, and I don't care that Olivia "broke his heart." Bullcrap! He's an idiot. Maybe he shouldn't be president.
Old 03-22-13, 09:42 PM   #26
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
I'm starting to really dislike Fitz, and I don't care that Olivia "broke his heart." Bullcrap! He's an idiot. Maybe he shouldn't be president.
Come on Abcdxyz, you're telling me you haven't been madly in love? Mad enough to do anything to be close to the one you desire?

I've never been a proponent of the "love of my life" cliche. But you have to admit, the look in Fritz's eyes when he sees Olivia is something to behold. When he's not around her, he's physically ill. Lke part of him is missing.

It doesn't matter that he's mad with her either. If she's in the room, he's drawn to her. Maybe its lust. Maybe he's never had a relationship with anyone that's made him feel the way he does when she's around. Obviously, Mellie doesn't do what Olivia does.

I'm feeling a little scared for our Quinn Perkins. She's in danger, now that the bad guy knows she knows. Can Huck keep her safe?

And I still don't know what to make of Cmdr. Jake Ballard, the Presidents friend. Is he just keeping an eye on her for him, or does he have an alternative reason?
Old 03-23-13, 01:40 PM   #27
abcdxyz
Blew Up the Hatch

Quote:
Come on Abcdxyz, you're telling me you haven't been madly in love? Mad enough to do anything to be close to the one you desire?
Yes, I have. And I would not have wanted to be trusted with the red phone and the nuclear football during those times in my life!

Quote:
When he's not around her, he's physically ill. Lke part of him is missing.
His brain.

Quote:
I'm feeling a little scared for our Quinn Perkins. She's in danger, now that the bad guy knows she knows. Can Huck keep her safe?
I'm worried too, especially because apparently the bad guy is the head of the CIA. I've missed the plot leading up to this, I guess, so I'm not sure why she and Huck are tailing him. Can you refresh my memory?

Quote:
And I still don't know what to make of Cmdr. Jake Ballard, the Presidents friend. Is he just keeping an eye on her for him, or does he have an alternative reason?
I think he is genuinely becoming interested in Olivia for her own sake, and is beginning to question the president's assessment of her. I definitely feel he has his own agenda, here. Would be fun if he were a double agent, wouldn't it?
Old 03-23-13, 03:27 PM   #28
abcdxyz
Blew Up the Hatch

OK, pulled this from the ABC Scandal site recap of the previous ep:

"In other news, Huck decodes one of the encrypted files. The team now knows that the man who killed Wendy is the White House mole who also leaked the true identities of the CIA spies that were taken hostage. Molly sees this man, Albatross, on TV. He happens to be the person closest to the president in the investigation. Albatross is the Director of the CIA."

This must explain why they're following the head of the CIA. Me, personally, I'd leave that one alone!
Old 03-23-13, 09:16 PM   #29
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Yes, I have. And I would not have wanted to be trusted with the red phone and the nuclear football during those times in my life!
Boy, that sounds like a story you can only tell on your death bed.

Quote:
...I think he is genuinely becoming interested in Olivia for her own sake, and is beginning to question the president's assessment of her. I definitely feel he has his own agenda, here. Would be fun if he were a double agent, wouldn't it?
I can understand why, she's extremely sexy. I just can't get a feel for the guy. Good writing, and a fine actor (Scott Foley).

Quote:
OK, pulled this from the ABC Scandal site recap of the previous ep:

"In other news, Huck decodes one of the encrypted files. The team now knows that the man who killed Wendy is the White House mole who also leaked the true identities of the CIA spies that were taken hostage. Molly sees this man, Albatross, on TV. He happens to be the person closest to the president in the investigation. Albatross is the Director of the CIA."

This must explain why they're following the head of the CIA. Me, personally, I'd leave that one alone!
And you couldn't wait!
Old 03-28-13, 10:48 PM   #30
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

S2E17 - "Snake in the Garden"
Thursday - March 28, 2013
ABC - 10:00pm/9c

Spoiler: Synosis
Hollis Doyle's daughter is kidnapped; Jake and Olivia take their relationship to the next level; Cyrus is determined to get back into the president's good graces; Mellie tells Fitz that he needs to make some changes.