Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Sports > Sports Discussion > NBA/WNBA Thread

Sports Discussion 42! 23! 16! ...wait.

Old 04-19-17, 10:12 PM   #2721
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Re: NBA/WNBA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post
I wasn't a fan of the 5 game first round setup...
Oh, I'm a big fan, Mr Mo.

I remember the playoff's lasting a couple years prior to that. Add the seven games to travel time, and it was outlandish.

Commissioner Stern.

Quote:
...Just out of thoroughly unrelated curiosity, does anybody know if the association has been talking about expansion any time soon?
I can't remember the context, but I heard Jalen Rose talking about it on a pre-game show.

He mentioned, Seattle for sure. Where's TBC? And he's expecting a relocation of the Kings. He also mentioned a foreign country, but I can't remember which one. That would be awful, plus I'm expecting the NFL to have a foreign team before the NBA.
Old 04-20-17, 02:55 PM   #2722
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

Hodge That foreign city - it's Mexico City, isn't it? As for Sacramento, that's been a hot rumor for a while now, but it seems like an unwatched pot - It keeps heating while nobody's looking, and i'm afraid it might be ready to stop simmering and come to a full rolling boil. I think it'd be a shame for the Kings to move, unless they were going to move to a REAL small market, namely Albany NY, former home of the ABA franchise Patroons.

BA that was some good research, and i appreciate the history, i enjoy having context for these kinds of things. And yeah Boston looked LOST out there in game 2. It's hard to imagine them pulling it together on the road. Not completely impossible, but highly unlikely. Has a 1 seed ever been swept out of the first round? guru would need new shorts if that happens.

Liz, your Dubs look ready to reclaim the crown! Do you see any major stumbling blocks along their way? I've also been meaning to ask you how big an impact you think KD has been for this team. I know the win/lost column isn't as gaudy as last year, but i'm pretty sure that that's not why upper management brought him in anyway. I'd love to hear the thoughts of somebody much closer to the team, are these guys gonna be ready to beat the Cavs if that's how things shake down?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-20-17, 06:04 PM   #2723
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Hodge That foreign city - it's Mexico City, isn't it? As for Sacramento, that's been a hot rumor for a while now, but it seems like an unwatched pot - It keeps heating while nobody's looking, and i'm afraid it might be ready to stop simmering and come to a full rolling boil. I think it'd be a shame for the Kings to move, unless they were going to move to a REAL small market, namely Albany NY, former home of the ABA franchise Patroons...
It may've been Mexico City, I can't remember now. Do you think the reasoning is because its closet to the U.S.A.? The NBA has such a large following in Europe, that makes more sense to me.

Quote:
...Liz, your Dubs look ready to reclaim the crown! Do you see any major stumbling blocks along their way? I've also been meaning to ask you how big an impact you think KD has been for this team. I know the win/lost column isn't as gaudy as last year, but i'm pretty sure that that's not why upper management brought him in anyway. I'd love to hear the thoughts of somebody much closer to the team, are these guys gonna be ready to beat the Cavs if that's how things shake down?
They went off last night. 110-81! A complete beat-down. And that was without KD. How scary is that!
Old 04-21-17, 03:14 PM   #2724
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

Mexico City is a massive market, one of the biggest cities in the world. It's also fairly close to the US and it already has a bit of a fan base.

I know basketball is very big in Europe, but there are already pro leagues over there.
Quote:
Mo, I you
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

Old 04-21-17, 04:45 PM   #2725
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Location: toronto pride. with trudeau. i mean i wish i was...

uhhhh what?

cavs 25 down at the half.

but they win 109-104.

someone was on fire in the second half.

this is the team from the east to fear.
Old 04-21-17, 05:36 PM   #2726
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonian androphile View Post
uhhhh what?

cavs 25 down at the half.

but they win 109-104.

someone was on fire in the second half.

this is the team from the east to fear
You know BA, they needed this type of game. One where they were down by double-digits and came back to win.

"King" James went off last night. Any and everything he put up went in.

I agree with you, can't imagine anyone coming out of the East except the Cleveland Cavs.
Old 04-26-17, 07:17 PM   #2727
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Blake Griffin goes down and you can stick a fork in the L.A. Clippers. They're done!

IMO, the Jazz are just to big in the backcourt. We've got CP3 trying to guard 6'8", Joe Ingles.
Old 04-26-17, 08:06 PM   #2728
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Location: toronto pride. with trudeau. i mean i wish i was...

So who's the rival of the Warriors in the west? Houston? San Antonio? 'Cause it won't be Utah unless there's a metaphysical meltdown.

The Cavs sweep the Pacers. Chicago has an injury and Boston ties things up.

All the drama that is the NBA playoffs.
Old 04-26-17, 09:46 PM   #2729
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonian androphile View Post
So who's the rival of the Warriors in the west? Houston? San Antonio? 'Cause it won't be Utah unless there's a metaphysical meltdown...
BA, I still think it's the Spurs.

Yeah, they're as old as dirt, but they've been in this situation many times before. Plus, they've got Pop as their head coach.

As you mentioned when the Cavs ended up as the 2nd-seed, they're a Championship team. They've shown they're ready for the playoffs. Now granted, beating the Pacers didn't take much effort, they should get a little competition in the next round.
Old 04-27-17, 02:25 PM   #2730
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

The Pacers put solid talent on the floor this year, and the i thought the coaches did a fairly good job exploiting what they had to work with, but what they had to work with would never win a series against a powerhouse team like Cleveland. Personally, i still hate Reggie Miller more than i love Larry Bird, so i'm not complaining. They can rot in the cellar for all i care.

As for the West, the Spurs are clearly the second best team, but they'll be no real match for the Warriors unless there are serious injuries involved, gog forebid. I'm really interested to see how Leonard finishes in the MVP voting. Imo there were three very strong candidates in the West. Personally i favor Westbrook, but i think Leonard had a more important season than Harden, though i wouldn't be offended to see any of the three win it. Harden's development has been amazing, just a few years ago he was one of the best actors in the NBA, now he's one of the very best players, and he had an unbelievable season.
Quote:
Mo, I you

« MyMedia-Forum.com > Sports > Sports Discussion »