Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Community > Lostaways! :) > True Personal Ghost Stories & Other Strange Phenomena

Lostaways! :) Welcome Lostaways! Kick back, relax, and have a little fun!

Old 01-07-06, 06:29 PM   #11
Lost In His Eyes
Something Random
Carries Big Stick

Location: I've had it with this game! I'm going for a scuttle!
Re: Share Your True Personal Ghost Stories

Those are all spooky, but I love ghosts stories. I haven't had any strange experiences ever, but I enjoyed reading all of yours!

It's like having tourettes but without the cussing!
I DON'T HAVRE CVORN MUFFINS OMG
I'm not short, I'm fun-sized!
Lost In His Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-06, 08:00 PM   #12
Roary
Hakuna Matata...*puff, puff*
Cons the Conman

Send a message via MSN to Roary Send a message via Yahoo to Roary Send a message via Skype™ to Roary

That Same girl, Andrea, She used to drive me bonkers! She listened to local rap station all night every night at a loud ass volume! One night i snapped cause you can only hear the same 9 songs 100s of times so long! We were arguin and finally she goes "Fine! You want to know why it do it?! Here!" and she turned the music off. not 3 minutes later, there was growling coming from the walls! !
She was like "I'd rather deal with the music!" once i heard it, i always knew it was there and could still hear it.
I never complained about the music again!!!
Roary is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-06, 08:24 PM   #13
Dharmit
Talks Backwards

It was a lazy Sunday afternoon, raining and very cold for California. I shared a 3 bedroom house with my two sisters. The three of us had been partying the night before and all of us still had hangovers. I was lying on my bed, with my bedroom door open waiting for my older sister to get out of the shower so we could go rent DVD’s. My twin sister was in her room, right next to mine. I though she was taking a nap. I could hear the shower still running and was flipping through the channels on television. Suddenly, a cold chill went over my body and I looked up at my open doorway. There, moving swiftly past was a very tall shape dressed in blue. It moved very quickly and rigidly past my doorway and down the hall. Its gait was incredibly stiff and strange, like someone very angry and in a hurry. I was shocked! I though a stranger was in the house and I called out, “Heidi?” At the same time, I heard Heidi’s voice coming from her room. “Holly, who was that?” We both jumped off our beds and met in the hallway. “Did you see that?” Heidi asked me. We both described seeing the very strange person and went into our older sister’s bedroom towards where the apparition had gone. Our sister came out of the shower and we described to her what had happened. She just laughed and told us to get ready to go rent movies. Late that night, we awoke to the sound of our older sister screaming and screaming! I jumped up and found Heidi in the hall. We ran into our sister’s room. She was sitting on the floor, screaming and crying. “He was in here.” She kept saying. “He wants to kill me.” After she calmed down she was able to tell us that she had seen him, the man in blue. He had been standing over her bed with a knife in hand and she knew that he wanted her dead. Later that week, we started researching the house and discovered that a burglar had broken into the house back in the 80’s. The owners were sleeping in their bed in the master bedroom when he came down the hall. The man of the house had a gun in his bedside table and when the burglar came into the room, he was shot and killed. The man had been tall, wearing blue and had a knife in his hand. Three weeks later, we found a new house to rent.
CLUCKIT
Dharmit is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-06, 10:27 PM   #14
MoreLikeHurleyThanYou
Master of Ceremonies
Sees Walt

A certain Wanna be and I were amateur ghost hunters for a few years. Haven't done an investigation in a year or so though. Plenty of good stories though. I'll give you one, with a picture, if you are interested.
"Next time out t' sea, bring enough soil t' bury me.
Fer I don' wanna do me final jig in th' belly of a squid."
MoreLikeHurleyThanYou is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-06, 10:46 PM   #15
ILikeLostBrunettes
And Blondes... and Redheads
Hears the Whispers

Send a message via AIM to ILikeLostBrunettes Send a message via Skype™ to ILikeLostBrunettes

yes please..
Old 01-07-06, 10:51 PM   #16
moonshadow707
Blew Up the Hatch

Yes! Yes! A story! A story!
I love this stuff. I want to be a ghost hunter, too...
Heehee... [imagines us all sitting around a campfire]
moonshadow707 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-06, 10:52 PM   #17
JohnLocke
Blew Up the Hatch

There was a ghost in my lunchbox...so i threw it in a bush

If you want a banner or avatar made then just PM me! (Must have at least 250 posts to request)
JohnLocke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-06, 11:13 PM   #18
MJBinNC
Hears the Whispers

My mom died on the evening of Feb 13…but I didn’t get the call until Feb 14. By the time I got the call and drove to MD – it was about 11pm. We were all extremely tired…so we decided to go to bed. I turned the heat up a bit before going to bed…to a balmy 68º. From the bedroom…my husband and I both heard very clear footsteps in the living room with accompanying thumps. My mother absolutely refused to turn the heat up above 65º.
A few weeks later…I was back at the house going through stuff. I had to do some laundry – so I put them in the washer. It overflowed….had NEVER happened in that house before – and she had lived there since 1958. OK, fine…water is running into the sump pump….I go to try to deal with the washer – and the sump pump caught fire! The plumber, who had been coming to the house for about 20 years, said he had never seen one catch fire before --- and knew that it was my mom. (for those that don’t know, a sump pump is a piece of machinery that is located in a whole in the floor of a basement
Everytime I went to the house – at least 10 lightbulbs would be out….even if I had just replaced them. (need to note that I sold the house in Sept of 2004….and by April of 2005…the woman had not changed even one bulb – I asked her)
The kids and I were at the house working, and we decided to go out to get dinner. When we came back to the house, the TV was on…tuned to the Orioles game. My mom was a HUGE Orioles fan. She never missed a game on TV or radio in all the years they played – and she died at age 74. We just started leaving the TV on the station when we would be home. It was less spooky that way.
When the auctioneers came to clear out the house – doors started slamming throughout the house. There was no breeze that day – and some of the doors, like the front door, had even been propped open. The moving men were even a bit nervous there. The very large black man was obviously a “believer” – he kept talking to her…and saying prayers.
Before I sold the house, I had a man come and do some bathroom renovations. He kept hearing the door opening, someone waking across the living room and start up the steps….very clearly heard it all. I told him to just start talking to her and asking her opinion. When he did, his things stopped.
Very weird stuff…but I know that my mom was in that house until it was sold.
MJBinNC is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-06, 11:19 PM   #19
MoreLikeHurleyThanYou
Master of Ceremonies
Sees Walt

Alrighty, I'll choose a story that coincides with physical evidence we were able to gather.

As I said friends and I used to ghost hunt in college. This occurred on one of our trips to Gettysburg battleground, late one winter a few years ago.

After nightfall, we began investigating the Devil's Den area, using digital cameras and digital voice recorders. Nothing priofound there, so we moveed on to the Triangular field. Basicaly, this area of the battlefield is a field that slopes sharply downward into some woods. Here's a picture:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...gularfield.jpg

During the battle, Union troops along a wall on the uphill slope of the hill tried to hold off Alabaman and Texan troops coming out of the woods and up the hill. General Hood of the Confederacy lost his arm in the field.

Back to my story. We started hitting "cold spots" as soon as we crossed the wall into the field. It was a very still night, so wind was not likely a factor. We never crossed paths with any other visitors to the park this time, because of the lateness in both the day, and the season. I advanced all the way down to the woods and sat around, just soaking everything in. I then stood up, and began walking the length of the woods. As I came to a large stone, I stopped, noticing something odd. In front of me was a solider, crouched and loading his musket. I stared at him, he looked at me and continued to load. Luckily a friend made his way down, trying to tell me that one of our other friends was in a staredown with a different ghost about 100 yards away on the periphery of the field. I told him to take a picture where I was looking, and to do it fast. This is what came out.

What I saw

Look at the middle of the bottom of the screen. YOu'll see a lrge rock in the middle of the two trees. Follow that rock straight up in the picture and you'll see what I saw. If you aren't convinced, I adjusted the contrast and cropped it so you can see it better.

adjusted and cropped
"Next time out t' sea, bring enough soil t' bury me.
Fer I don' wanna do me final jig in th' belly of a squid."

Last edited by MoreLikeHurleyThanYou; 01-07-06 at 11:26 PM.
MoreLikeHurleyThanYou is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-06, 11:43 PM   #20
moonshadow707
Blew Up the Hatch

Okay, help me out here... Maybe I'm I'm not looking at this right. In the second (cropped) one, inside the lighter crescent shapes, just below the middle I see two dark areas... eyes? If those are the eyes, what are the light crescent shapes? I'm trying to look at this from different distances to see if there's another way to see it...

I'm not disbelieving you at all, BTW. I've read that Gettysburg is quite a haunted place. I'd like to go there myself.

Help?
moonshadow707 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Community > Lostaways! :) »