Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Colony - USA Thursday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 03-20-17, 11:11 PM   #331
Mr. Bill
Mostly Harmless
Squishes the Frog

Re: Colony - USA Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
You know Lawboy, I feel sorry for Maddie.

She got involved with Nolan to save her son. He needed regular shots of insulin, IIRC. She's definitely way over her head. And, it may cost her hers.
She originally came to work for Nolan's wife as a house-keeper, then art consultant, and it didn't take long for her to take her place as wife. Nolan didn't register anything as they dragged his wife off. This is the guy who she trusts to take care of her and her son? Nolan will be waving bye-bye soon enough. Her son is innocent, but I have no sympathy for Maddie. She and Bram have a lot in common, they're willing to sacrifice everyone else to save themselves.

Up-thread we were discussing he similarities to the Nazi's . I read in a review that the episode title "In the Garden of Beasts" is the name of a book that recounts the experiences of an American ambassador and his family, living in Berlin in the Thirties, during the early years of Hitler's political influence.

Troll Gate
Please deposit $20.00

*Dimes Only*

Last edited by Mr. Bill; 03-20-17 at 11:15 PM.
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-17, 11:34 PM   #332
addhawk
Follows the Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
True but you will hear the Analog signal first. That they are all machines?

Interesting. Hynek score reminds me of Hynek scale. I wonder if Will had a close encounter of the 4th kind or he is a close encounter of the 7th kind.
Could be why the drone didn't splatter him all over the wall. He's one of them..
If it's not a mix up or pseudo-science then there must be specific reason for analog vs digital. I'm going with Earth as being a lost colony. Mother Earth is somewhere else? What if the raps were Von Neumann machine designs that were originally transmitted to and built locally at the factory? Seems pointless to have a staging area that was built to just observe and wait? It may only be one host behind it all?

Target Status: Open
Class: Soldier
Vitals: CO2 Tolerance
RSA/BRS: C3H603 Tolerance
Hynek Score: Emotional: 5.207; Physical: 9.771; Psychological: 8.922; Intellectual: 7.338

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspended_animation < Paulie Hynek

Those stats could be Will's settings for the suspended animation pod or his ability to survive in one for whatever required duration?
addhawk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-23-17, 06:19 PM   #333
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Colony

S02E11 - "Lost Boy”
Thursday March 23, 2017
@ 10/9c on USA

Spoiler: Description and Promo

"An attack on the Green Zone is told from five different points of view." Source

Last edited by sandi; 03-30-17 at 12:42 PM.
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-17, 11:39 PM   #334
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt

Bram Bram Bram. Murdering, using liar. Hook got in deep with him. And he's gonna cause problems.

Maddie is also in huge trouble. Huge. Her days are numbered. And the Greatest Day stuff is going down soon.

Red Hand though? Using stupid kids as they do is so much like a terror cell which I
Guess is the point. Nazi and terrorist symbolism all over

Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Lawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-17, 02:59 PM   #335
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

I know! Bram's an idiot. At first I thought he realized he was in way over his head and used Maddie to get out as he was scared to death. But, later we learn he killed the guy. Shot him in cold blood and then --- then --- dipped his hand in the man's blood and left his handprint on the window pane! (I think the Bowman family ought to put Charlie in charge. He'll make the right decisions and get them all out of this mess.)

Maddie's days are numbered but I wonder what happens to Hudson, her son?

Quote:
Red Hand though? Using stupid kids as they do is so much like a terror cell which I
Guess is the point. Nazi and terrorist symbolism all over
Here's the thing though -- it appears Karen excels at planning raids with suicide troops. I don't think it's very bright to expend your manpower that way which makes me conclude that Karen is insane. No general can win a war with dead troops.

So, is it possible that Karen, herself, is working for the aliens? It would be a way to get rid of insurgents and keep them from forming a solid resistance.

Formerly known as clayseason1
Old 03-27-17, 08:57 PM   #336
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

I was surprised as well when were shown exactly what happened in the Ambassador's house.

I too thought he'd gotten away and used his aunt to get out of the "Green Zone". But, he's learning fast how to manipulate people.

I thought it was hilarious when Snyder realized what was going on. He started screaming for his car to return, and then he just took off. Man, he was getting out of there.
Old 03-27-17, 10:22 PM   #337
Mr. Bill
Mostly Harmless
Squishes the Frog

Anyone who comes in contact with Bram is at risk. He not only was instrumental in getting all his so called comrades killed (sacrificed) in the work camp. His partner during the ambassador's raid is another victim, and now his own family are at risk if he gets caught.

I guess they don't worry about fingerprinting anyone this close to the Greatest End Day. Maybe if they'd fingerprinted Bram at the work farm, they'd have a big bloody hand print to use.

I wish Karen would strap an explosive to Bram and force him onto the mothership.

Troll Gate
Please deposit $20.00

*Dimes Only*
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-28-17, 12:59 AM   #338
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bill View Post
Anyone who comes in contact with Bram is at risk. He not only was instrumental in getting all his so called comrades killed (sacrificed) in the work camp. His partner during the ambassador's raid is another victim, and now his own family are at risk if he gets caught...
Well Mr. Bill, I'm going to come to Bram's defense on this one.

According to Karen, Bram was supposedly partnered with Patrick. I'm going to assume that meant Patrick was in charge. As a matter of fact, Patrick led the assault on the Ambassadors house.

It was Patrick who opened that door and started searching the house. It just so happens, Ambassador King saw him through the window before he actually opened that door.

Now, you probably can call Bram a jinx. As you mentioned, if you're around him, there's a likelihood you're going to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bill View Post
...I guess they don't worry about fingerprinting anyone this close to the Greatest End Day. Maybe if they'd fingerprinted Bram at the work farm, they'd have a big bloody hand print to use...
Honestly, I thought the same thing about the "Red Hand". No way the "government" got rid of that kind of vital information after the occupation.

Now, that doesn't mean Bram would've had his fingerprints taken before the occupation, or when he was brought to the labor camp.
Old 03-30-17, 12:41 PM   #339
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Colony

S02E12 - "Seppuku”
Thursday March 30, 2017
@ 10/9c on USA

Spoiler: Description and Promo

"Will, Katie and Broussard battle the Red Hand for control of the RAP gauntlet; and Snyder helps Helena regain control over the Los Angeles bloc." Source

Old 03-31-17, 04:12 PM   #340
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Krazy Karen is dead!

I give Bram one point -- only one point -- for not ratting out his parents' plan to attack the Red Hand. He's got a long way to go.

The raid
I think I might have insisted on the only liaison between me and the resistance staying in the bunker while the rest of my team attacked and recovered the gauntlet. That's just me.

I wish we could have seen Broussard face off against those drones. It stands to reason that they let him go for the same reason they let Will go, but I would feel better if I had actually witnessed that.

So, the LA bloc is going to be eliminated. I wonder how Will and his family escape? And what's to become of Maddie? Will she be saved at the last minute?

Formerly known as clayseason1
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »