Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > The Walking Dead > The Walking Dead S07E14 "The Other Side"

Old 03-19-17, 02:52 PM   #1
WDGovernor
Gone Fishing
Carries Big Stick

Send a message via Yahoo to WDGovernor Send a message via Skype™ to WDGovernor
The Walking Dead S07E14 "The Other Side"

The Walking Dead
S07E14 "The Other Side"
Sunday, March 19 @ 9EST on AMC

Spoiler: Episode Description and Promo

The Saviors pay an unexpected visit to the Hilltop, catching everyone by surprise. This time, they're planning on taking more than just supplies. LINK
Old 03-20-17, 04:46 PM   #2
WDGovernor
Gone Fishing
Carries Big Stick

Send a message via Yahoo to WDGovernor Send a message via Skype™ to WDGovernor
Re: The Walking Dead S07E14 "The Other Side"

The Other Side felt a little like a filler episode. Only 2 more episodes left! It wasn't without some good scenes- Maggie and Daryl have a moment- Daryl apologizes for not saving Glenn. Maggie assures him that he wan't to blame for Glenn's death (remember Daryl punched Negan which led to the Savior shutting that shit down, with Glenn paying the price). This scene was a result of the Simon and Saviors making a surprise visit, and Maggie and Daryl hiding out in the bunker. Gregory as usual was his slimey self. Simon came to take the Hillside Doctor back to the Sanctuary. Gregory attempted to chum up to Simon, first with booze, then with a vague warning about keeping him in power. Simon tells Gregory that he can come ask for him anytime at the Sanctuary gates, should have any important information to share. Weasel! Later Jesus and Gregory have conversation where Gregory threatens Jesus, and tells him they are no longer friends. Stupid, stupid Gregory. I cannot wait until he gets what is coming to him!

The real story of The Other Side was Rosita and Sasha teaming up to trek to the Sanctuary, to kill Negan. It is a terrible idea that Sasha cannot talk Rosita out of. Rosita is full of heartbreak and out for revenge. She wants to kill Negan or die trying. Sasha tries to talk her into playing it more carefully, to hole up in the abandoned building, and wait for the shot to take out Negan via sniper fire. While doing so, Sasha notice Eugene acting comfortable at the Sanctuary, bossing people around. Negan comes out but Sasha never gets a chance at a clean shot. While here, the two women have a heart to heart. Rosita tells Sasha things she has not told anybody, how she survived by pairing with strong men, and mastering their survival knowledge. She would use men to survive, but Abraham was different. She regrets not getting the chance to tell Abraham she was happy that he was happy(with Sasha). The two really bond in this moment. They decide that they have to make a move on the Sanctuary compound- to get close enough to Negan to not miss their shot.

Eugene is hanging with some ransom henchman when the dude gets shot in the dome. Sasha and Rosita quickly rush the fence, and Rosita tells Eugene that they are busting him out. Eugene wants no part of helping them and tells them he didn't ask for their help. He leaves to go inside. Sasha tricks Rosita and locks her on the outside. Sasha tells Rosita that Hillside needs her. She disappears into the sanctuary grounds. Rosita runs. She breaks to catch her breath and begins to cry. A silhouette of what appears to be Eugene holding a crossbow appears beyond Rosita's vision. Is Eugene going to stop Rosita from escaping, or look the other way?

Sasha's time on the show appears to be close to ending. I hope and pray that her death has a point, and that unlike Abraham, she goes out fighting. More than all, I hope that her death is painless. I am hoping that if Sasha is captured, that Eugene hooks her up with one of the suicide pills.

1 more ep and then the finale. Will we win the coming war? Who might we lose in order to win? & will we ever get some of Negan's backstory? What made him such a psychopath?
Old 03-20-17, 09:04 PM   #3
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt

Ugh, Eugene. Ithought it was just his survival skills to adapt to Negan taking over, but it is clearly something more. A power lust has shown up, and he is clearly enjoying bossing people around now. I think his days are numbered as well, if he goes full Negan.

Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Lawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-17, 12:47 AM   #4
The Ricksters
Seeks Rescue

My guess it is Dwight that Rosita sees after she stops running.

I still think Eugene is playing a long con that will benefit Rick and Co. Eugene knows firsthand what hell Neegan has been putting Rick and Co through and he hasnt forgotten the brutal bat deaths of Abraham and Glenn. Yes, he is enjoying recognition and power, but I believe his loyalties are not with Neegan.

Now The Saviors will be on full alert thanks to Sasha shooting 2 of their members.
The Ricksters is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-17, 01:06 AM   #5
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Eugene---still a boring ass wimp.

The Saviors? Still boring.

I liked the dynamics between Maggie and Daryl. And Sasha and Rosita. I wish the episode was mostly about the four of them.

And if Jesus is going to come out to Maggie, let's see him in action. But who ever tangles with him is going to need a safe word. Or three. He'd be hot with Aaron. Just sayin'.

Time for battle. Unless that's next year????
boonian androphile is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-17, 04:19 PM   #6
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt

My favorite Savior is Simon. I dunno why, but his riffs don't bother me and I am mildly amused with him. I used to be that way with Negan, but now all his monologuing bores me and I want to see him brutally beaten with Lucille.

Rosita is just being stupid, but it was odd to me that Sasha just decided to give herself up like she did. Would have had better luck if they both went in Butch and Sundance style. But I do think that was Daryl, and he will save Rosita and get her out of there in time to do some war planning.

Dunno how they are going to wrap it up in 2 epis. My guess is that the cliffhanger will be the battle about to start and they will drap it over until the next season.

Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Lawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-17, 07:51 PM   #7
Zaphod of Whiskers
We are the dreamers of dreams
Stares Down Smokey

Location: You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

Agree with Lawboy, Sasha went kamikaze way too quickly IMO. Rosita I get, she's been upset awhile now, while I was not seeing that with Sasha.

Agree on the cliffhanger too, the war will not start til next season. Only other possible I see, the war starts and we get a standoff with each side holding a major hostage for each team - and who will act first.

Should have taken warning, it's just
People ignoring
Running, hiding, lost
You can't find, find a place to go, so it's
Red skies at night
Zaphod of Whiskers is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-17, 10:11 PM   #8
KevinNU7
Pushes the Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawboy View Post
Ugh, Eugene. Ithought it was just his survival skills to adapt to Negan taking over, but it is clearly something more. A power lust has shown up, and he is clearly enjoying bossing people around now. I think his days are numbered as well, if he goes full Negan.
every decision he has made has been about his own survival. I think it's clear he sees Negan's power and thinks it's his best chance. Will be interesting to see if he tells Negan about who executed the attack.
KevinNU7 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-02-17, 10:44 AM   #9
maxland
Arrives By Sub

Walking dead become so boring. I dont care about characters, its sad
maxland is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > The Walking Dead »