Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > MasterChef

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 08-14-10, 02:16 AM   #1
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

MasterChef

So it's got Gordon Ramsey in it.

I know a couple Hell's Kitchen people are watching, at least...

vonnegut is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-14-10, 02:55 AM   #2
Vitriol
Ministry of Music
Hears the Whispers

Re: Master Chef

"I wear a Stetson now. Stetsons are cool."
Vitriol is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-14-10, 02:49 PM   #3
MinaKitty
Requestatoriumatrix
Hears the Whispers

Tournaments Won: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to MinaKitty Send a message via Skype™ to MinaKitty

Shouldn't he be wearing an apron?
Old 08-14-10, 03:19 PM   #4
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

Apparently he didn't slice his onions evenly enough.

Old 08-14-10, 03:39 PM   #5
Vitriol
Ministry of Music
Hears the Whispers

LMAO. I don't know why, but that was hilarious. Say something else that is funny.

"I wear a Stetson now. Stetsons are cool."
Vitriol is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-19-10, 12:14 PM   #6
MinaKitty
Requestatoriumatrix
Hears the Whispers

I want to know what else was in the chilli.

I was a bit surprised that Sheena went home instead of Farouq. Also that Whitney had never cooked pork or Asian-style food. I don't buy that people in Louisiana don't eat pork. Jewish people don't eat pork. Muslims don't eat pork. Her family may not eat pork.

With the first elimination challenge. How many people would have prepared the same stirfry that half of the contestants did? I probably would have.
Old 08-22-10, 11:44 AM   #7
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaKitty View Post
I want to know what else was in the chilli.
It annoys the HELL out of me that they didn't show all the ingredients. I mean, what was in there if not chili powder?

Quote:
I was a bit surprised that Sheena went home instead of Farouq. Also that Whitney had never cooked pork or Asian-style food. I don't buy that people in Louisiana don't eat pork. Jewish people don't eat pork. Muslims don't eat pork. Her family may not eat pork.
Eh, I knew that Sheena was going to go home, although I think Faroq should have. He should have gone instead of Avis.

Quote:
With the first elimination challenge. How many people would have prepared the same stirfry that half of the contestants did? I probably would have.
I wouldn't have, just because I would have known that EVERYONE would be doing that same thing. I would have made something that sucked, because I never cook Chinese, but it would have been original at least.

Right now my money is on Sharonne, or whatever his name is. Him and Mike seem to at least have a clue what they are doing. I'm sad that Avis went

Old 08-26-10, 09:23 PM   #8
MinaKitty
Requestatoriumatrix
Hears the Whispers

Note to Jake: If Chef Ramsey walks up to you in the middle of a challenge and tells you it isn't to late to make a change in what you are doing, take a look at what is going on and make a damn change.

After last week I was totally craving on chilli until I finally made a big pot. Nothing struck me as much this week.

How much more invisible can Sheetal be? I had to look her up on the MC site because I still can't remember her name. Did we even see them taste her fish dish?

Spoiler: winning cupcake receipe
IngredientsFor the batter
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup shelled pistachios, toasted
1/2 cup shelled hazelnuts, toasted
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon chocolate-hazelnut spread
For the frosting
2 packages (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon chocolate-hazelnut spread, softened

DirectionsTo make the batter:

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a standard 12–cup muffin pan with silicone cups or liners coated with vegetable cooking spray.

Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside. Using a handheld or standing electric mixer, whip the butter for 1 minute, or until creamy and fluffy. Add the melted chocolate chips and continue to beat until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat for 4 minutes, or until the sugar is fully incorporated and the mixture is light.

Chop 2 tablespoons each of the pistachios and hazelnuts and mix them into the batter. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between additions and continuing to scrape the bowl. Add the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk, beating well until smooth. Using a rubber spatula, swirl in the hazelnut spread by hand.

Divide the batter evenly in the cupcake pan. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until the cupcakes spring back when touched gently in the center. Remove from the oven and cool completely before decorating. If you have difficulty unmolding the cupcakes, run a small icing spatula or a thin knife around the perimeter of each cupcake.

To make the frosting:

Using a handheld electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until whipped and light. Gradually sprinkle in the confectioners' sugar and continue to beat until thick. Fold in the hazelnut spread using a small spatula or spoon, or a wooden skewer for a finer swirl.

To assemble, spoon the frosting into a piping bag and squeeze it onto the cooled cupcakes. Top with the reserved whole nuts.
Old 08-26-10, 09:35 PM   #9
MinaKitty
Requestatoriumatrix
Hears the Whispers

BTW - if you go to the MC website, browse the recepies with care. They have posted next weeks winners as well as the past two weeks'.
Old 08-27-10, 01:43 AM   #10
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

Thanks for the head's up there.

Really it seemed like kind of a shame, because the blue team WAS working better as a team. The red team just had the ace in the hole with Sharone. And his magical sauce. Although I have to say, they also deserved to win because they weren't just pumping out food, they were trying to satisfy the customers-- especially near the end with doubling up burgers, taking special requests, etc.

I LOVED the cupcake challenge. I so want to judge that challenge. But I wouldn't just taste the top three. I'd taste all of them. My only regret is that my girl Avis is gone. I bet she could make a hell of a cupcake.

Figured that Sharone couldn't beat Cat Cora. I mean, come on. But glad because it just seemed like too big an advantage anyway, would make things less interesting.

I was about rolling on the floor laughing at the Pressure Test... passion fruit? Really? IT IS SHAPED LIKE A STAR. Even I knew that was star fruit and I'm no chef. Before Tony picked it up, every time they'd flash to it I'd be like "I'm surprised they aren't picking the star fruit, that's an easy one." Some of the stuff I had no idea what it was, but I know even I could have gotten more than 9 of those ingredients. Some of it was insanely easy-- okra, plantain, frickin nectarine for chrissake.

I wonder how many episodes they'll even end up having, with the rate at which they're getting rid of people. Seems like they are cutting the dead weight, though, like Faruk.

« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »