Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Colony - USA Thursday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 02-29-16, 05:46 PM   #111
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Re: Colony - USA Thursday

Quote:
Do we know the exact nature of the relationship between broussard and katie? Did they have a thing at some point?
The fact that Broussard doesn't trust anyone besides himself, yet he trusts Katie, would lead us to believe there is some history there. Do we know how Katie became involved with the resistance? Was it through Broussard? Broussard's mother lived in LA and it's possible Broussard frequented the Yonk before the arrival.

At any rate -- what did everyone think about that church gathering at the beginning? Every religion prior to the arrival had some validity according to the preacher but now they know more and realize since "the arrival" that the "great day of salvation" is coming and they will become "greater than they are now". Also "the children play a critical role on the greatest day". It sounds like the Second Coming but with a twist. So what could all that mean? And Nolan Burgess, Charlotte's husband -- (Charlotte is Maddie's art dealer boss) was at the church and seemed like a "very important person".

Also, Lindsey, Gracie's tutor -- drank the kool aid and seems enraptured over the preacher's words. Later, she uses a paper doll to tell Gracie about a man that came here 2000 years ago and that he's coming back on the "greatest day ever but different that everyone thinks". Sounds like they believe Jesus was an alien.

Lindsey gives Gracie a secret, special book. Gracie is well on her way to being inducted into the cult or whatever it is.

Does everyone in the Green Zone believe all this or is this a movement within the Green Zone with only some followers?

Shocker -- Maddie can have sex with Nolan Burgess but only if Charlotte gets to watch. Something tells me Charlotte is not vicariously enjoying these sexcapades but uses them to control her husband's philandering ways. Charlotte demotes Maddie and when Maddie talks to Nolan about it, Nolan suggests it's time for Charlotte to face the consequences for her "not quite following the rules regarding the artwork" and that's just as well because he really needs someone more like Maddie. Sounds like Charlotte is going to the factory and if I were Maddie, I would be very careful that I didn't wind up there myself in the future.

police work -- So Jennifer gets access to the "rolodex" which according to her contains every digital piece of information in the world as of Arrival Day. She tells Will she had experience maintaining a huge database prior to the arrival -- turns out -- she maintained an online dating system. She's becoming a little more human and likable to me.

Katie and Will

So Broussard takes Katie to a secluded spot to kill her on Quayle's orders but doesn't do it. He still trusts her but Katie is having second thoughts about trusting him and the resistance. So, when Will comes in with a file on Broussard and asks Katie if he's seen him at the Yonk before (they found old fingerprints), Katie gives up Broussard and tells Will she thinks he staying at his mother's house in Hancock Park.

That's all the info Will needs and Jennifer is able to come up with an address. But Katie has misgivings and warns Broussard saying ominously, "He's coming for you." I just want to say -- those words and how she said them sent chills up and down my spine.

Needless to say, Broussard is gone by the time Will gets there and Will is going to figure out he was warned -- as evidenced by the interrupted plumbing job. And Will is going to suspect Katie, because Broussard has the same book that Will knows Katie has in her secret stash at the Yonk.

Katie needs to make up her mind and choose a side.

I don't know what they call it -- but it's the power surge and what looks like an energy transfer or something being "beamed up" into the heavens above. Did anyone see the general area that originates in? There's a long shot and I can't remember if it's near the ocean or elsewhere -- anyone?

Formerly known as clayseason1
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-01-16, 12:20 AM   #112
Redbird
Seeks Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi View Post
I don't know what they call it -- but it's the power surge and what looks like an energy transfer or something being "beamed up" into the heavens above. Did anyone see the general area that originates in? There's a long shot and I can't remember if it's near the ocean or elsewhere -- anyone?
Are you asking about this?
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20160201222539
Old 03-01-16, 01:33 AM   #113
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Yes, but the picture I remember seeing was much closer. Do you know if this happened over the ocean or land?

Formerly known as clayseason1
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-01-16, 02:03 AM   #114
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
...Do you know if this happened over the ocean or land?
I remember we viewed that scene from Proxy Alan's house. Assuming he lives in the "Green Zone" like the other muckety muck's, I'd say it was over the ocean. JMO!

ETA: If the above is true, it makes me like Lawboy's idea "they're" doing something with the planets water a lot more.

Last edited by Hodgepodge; 03-01-16 at 02:07 AM.
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-01-16, 10:55 PM   #115
Redbird
Seeks Rescue

Quote:
Yes, but the picture I remember seeing was much closer. Do you know if this happened over the ocean or land?
The Green Zone is located in the Beverly and Hollywood Hills. When they are looking out you see the downtown buildings to the southeast. When they start panning to the right or the southwest we see the launch beyond the red lit Wall. LAX is in that general direction next to the ocean.

Its interesting that these so called "aliens" have drones that defy gravity but their ship launch appears to use rocket engines at takeoff just like our space shuttles do.
Old 03-01-16, 11:24 PM   #116
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
The Green Zone is located in the Beverly and Hollywood Hills. When they are looking out you see the downtown buildings to the southeast. When they start panning to the right or the southwest we see the launch beyond the red lit Wall. LAX is in that general direction next to the ocean...
You know Redbird, I think you're right on the money.

As you mentioned, planes taking off from LAX head out over the water (Pacific Ocean). Now, I'm not saying what we witnessed was a space craft, because all I remember seeing were lights and some kind of cloud formation.
Old 03-02-16, 10:37 PM   #117
Dew

LOST Scribe
Brainwashed in Room 23

I am so confused with this show that I cannot deal with it. Another binge I should have done 2 episodes at a time.

The guardian angels of life fly so high as to be beyond our sight, but they are always looking down upon us. ~Jean Paul Richter
Dew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-02-16, 10:39 PM   #118
Dew

LOST Scribe
Brainwashed in Room 23

Colony
S1E08 - “In From the Cold”
Thursday March 3, 2016
USA 10/9C

Spoiler: Description and Promo
A high-ranking Resistance member is ready to cut a deal; Katie receives a second chance; and Bram proposes a risky journey outside the colony walls. TV Guide

The guardian angels of life fly so high as to be beyond our sight, but they are always looking down upon us. ~Jean Paul Richter
Dew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-03-16, 08:45 PM   #119
Pi-o-my
Pushes the Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimny72 View Post
I could have sworn either Phyllis or someone talking about Phyllis said they brought her in because she was the only one who knew how to use "the rolodex". So initially I had the impression it was some kind of alien technology. But then they just gave them the password and now anyone can use it. And the peek that we got at it, it kind of looked like a 1980's computer but moved super-fast. In other words - I got nothing.

Do we know the exact nature of the relationship between broussard and katie? Did they have a thing at some point?
As to Will being computer illiterate, I think he knows how to use a computer but not well enough to massage data. And/or maybe he doesn't like to be seen doing a task that he's not proficient at.

I also thought Broussard and Katie might have a shared past --his name is that of a great white-tablecloth restaurant in New Orleans --but I think their conversation when he was thinking of killing her didn't include any references to a past together.

I'd concur with Lawboy and Hodge about the possibility of water being the resource the aliens (if that's what they are) want from our planet. An equal puzzle for me is why they're keeping people alive (assuming humans aren't livestock for them...) An interesting comment from Steve Wozniak about AIs --"If computers get smarter than humans, they’re going to realize, ‘Nature’s important, and humans are a part of nature,’ " so they'd keep people around. That would sort of fit with why they want human-created art.
Pi-o-my is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-03-16, 11:11 PM   #120
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

I'm caught up before tonight's episode. Wanted to comment on the episode titled, Broussard.

Great episode encapsulation, Sandi.

Quote:
The fact that Broussard doesn't trust anyone besides himself, yet he trusts Katie, would lead us to believe there is some history there. Do we know how Katie became involved with the resistance? Was it through Broussard? Broussard's mother lived in LA and it's possible Broussard frequented the Yonk before the arrival...
She actually confirmed while talking to Broussard in Griffith Park (there's really a Griffith Park in L.A. too), that she came to him to join the Resistance. That's why she became so upset with him and walked away. That, and she knew he brought her there to kill her.

Quote:
...At any rate -- what did everyone think about that church gathering at the beginning? Every religion prior to the arrival had some validity according to the preacher but now they know more and realize since "the arrival" that the "great day of salvation" is coming and they will become "greater than they are now". Also "the children play a critical role on the greatest day". It sounds like the Second Coming but with a twist. So what could all that mean? And Nolan Burgess, Charlotte's husband -- (Charlotte is Maddie's art dealer boss) was at the church and seemed like a "very important person"...
It reminded me of the beginning of Christianity.

It was forbidden to talk about the religion. Punishable by death. So, people would congregate at these secret churches. And the one we had here, was frequented by our own, Mr. Burgess as you mentioned.

Quote:
...Also, Lindsey, Gracie's tutor -- drank the kool aid and seems enraptured over the preacher's words. Later, she uses a paper doll to tell Gracie about a man that came here 2000 years ago and that he's coming back on the "greatest day ever but different that everyone thinks". Sounds like they believe Jesus was an alien.

Lindsey gives Gracie a secret, special book. Gracie is well on her way to being inducted into the cult or whatever it is...
I was really surprised by the whole event, especially by the presence of the Bowman's tutor, Lindsey. Then we see Lindsey is already indoctrinating Gracie with this new belief. That there's a day of salvation coming.

Quote:
...Shocker -- Maddie can have sex with Nolan Burgess but only if Charlotte gets to watch. Something tells me Charlotte is not vicariously enjoying these sexcapades but uses them to control her husband's philandering ways. Charlotte demotes Maddie and when Maddie talks to Nolan about it, Nolan suggests it's time for Charlotte to face the consequences for her "not quite following the rules regarding the artwork" and that's just as well because he really needs someone more like Maddie. Sounds like Charlotte is going to the factory and if I were Maddie, I would be very careful that I didn't wind up there myself in the future...
I knew when he was first introduced to Maddie, he was going to try and sleep with her. What I didn't expect, was when the camera panned past them and we got a glimpse of Mrs. Burgess. I didn't see that coming!

Quote:
...So Jennifer gets access to the "rolodex" which according to her contains every digital piece of information in the world as of Arrival Day. She tells Will she had experience maintaining a huge database prior to the arrival -- turns out -- she maintained an online dating system. She's becoming a little more human and likable to me...
We finally got clarification on the "Rolodex". Its Google on maximum steroids.

Did I understand what this thing can do? Print out every signed transaction in a persons life prior to the Arrival? Yeah, and no one would know how to work that thing, I don't care how much computer knowledge you claim to have.

Quote:
...Needless to say, Broussard is gone by the time Will gets there and Will is going to figure out he was warned -- as evidenced by the interrupted plumbing job. And Will is going to suspect Katie, because Broussard has the same book that Will knows Katie has in her secret stash at the Yonk...
What does Broussard do?

Katie initially turned on him, but then lets him know to get out of Dodge. Does this act return her to his favor? And in turn, puts her back into the graces of Quayle?

Oh, and what does Will do?

As you mentioned, he found Katie's stash in that vent and one of the items was the same book Broussard had at his residence. Does Will turn on Katie? Does he force her to turn on the Resistance?