Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Scandal - ABC Thursday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 12-07-12, 03:08 AM   #11
abcdxyz
Blew Up the Hatch

Re: Scandal - Who is Quinn Perkins?

So it looks like Olivia et. al. did commit election fraud, and were responsible for the explosion that killed the guy at the software company, which leads Olivia to feel sorry for her and give her a new life. The question of who Huck is has been growing over the past several episodes, and more so now that we know he's the trigger man on the assassination attempt. We know for sure that wasn't authorized by Olivia!
Old 12-10-12, 09:45 PM   #12
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdxyz View Post
So it looks like Olivia et. al. did commit election fraud, and were responsible for the explosion that killed the guy at the software company, which leads Olivia to feel sorry for her and give her a new life. The question of who Huck is has been growing over the past several episodes, and more so now that we know he's the trigger man on the assassination attempt. We know for sure that wasn't authorized by Olivia!
Abcdxyz, I'm so confused!

I'm thinking Olivia wasn't aware of the fraud until after the election. And you know that saying, "in for a penny in for a pound". Do we know why Quinn is so leary about that night? Obviously, she was drugged. But did she loose part of her memory that's just now returning?

Jesus H Christ! What was Huck doing in that window? I'm not going to say he pulled the trigger until I see it, but boy it looks bad for him. And we both know, he'd do anything for Olivia. Will she be implicated?
Old 12-11-12, 02:09 AM   #13
abcdxyz
Blew Up the Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
Abcdxyz, I'm so confused!
Yeah, me too--isn't it great?

Olivia was horrified when she realized that Hollis Doyle "solved" the problem at Cytron by blowing up several innocent people. Did she give Quinn a new life because she felt sorry for her, or to further obscure the cabal's connection with the voting machine fraud?

I could see Olivia getting entangled with the fraud after the fact and now being an accessory and unable to disentangle herself.

I think about the shrimp truck where Sawyer shot the guy who was not the right guy every time I see Cyrus. Jeff Perry is an excellent actor.
Old 12-13-12, 11:03 PM   #14
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
...Did she give Quinn a new life because she felt sorry for her, or to further obscure the cabal's connection with the voting machine fraud?

I could see Olivia getting entangled with the fraud after the fact and now being an accessory and unable to disentangle herself...
I think its the former Abcdxyz. She felt she owed Quinn a new life, especially since she sat by and let her old one be destroyed.

Remember, there's a Supreme Court Justice also a part of the conspiracy. The Vice-President had her candidate already picked out, and it wasn't the female Justice. So she went along to get the nomination.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to decieve-Walter Scott
Old 12-14-12, 03:07 AM   #15
abcdxyz
Blew Up the Hatch

Wow, that was rough!

I should have known that Huck wasn't actually the shooter. I should also have known that his suddenly meeting a girl in AA and getting involved with her was a set up, given the previous episode about the spies.

I'm looking forward to the next episodes after the hiatus.
Old 12-14-12, 10:18 PM   #16
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
...Remember, there's a Supreme Court Justice also a part of the conspiracy. The Vice-President had her candidate already picked out, and it wasn't the female Justice. So she went along to get the nomination...
Quote:
Wow, that was rough!

I should have known that Huck wasn't actually the shooter. I should also have known that his suddenly meeting a girl in AA and getting involved with her was a set up, given the previous episode about the spies.

I'm looking forward to the next episodes after the hiatus.
HMoG!

Soon as I post something about the VP and Supreme Court Judge, they become front and center in this last episode "Blown Away". Then the Judge sells Olivia down the river to save her own career. Didn't see that coming!

Huck is going to Guantanamo Bay, and won't be seen for a very long time. I'm with you Abcdxyz, we should've known that girl was playing him. And apparently, she was really going to leave with Huck until she found out he was setting her up. But what a way to get back at him, she kills every member of his make believe family. Including the dog. Just damn!

Excellent episode!
Old 02-08-13, 03:16 AM   #17
abcdxyz
Blew Up the Hatch

I'm starting to feel like this show is careening out of control. I hope that I'm wrong.

It would be great to go a couple of eps without Fitz and Olivia slobbering all over one another, wouldn't it?
Old 02-09-13, 09:23 PM   #18
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
I'm starting to feel like this show is careening out of control. I hope that I'm wrong.

It would be great to go a couple of eps without Fitz and Olivia slobbering all over one another, wouldn't it?
I thought this last Thursday's episode felt more like a season finale. It kept me right on the edge of my seat. The lies and deceptions almost brought down the Presidency. And I didn't see the hospital scene coming. Damn!

I too am at the end of my rope regarding the President and Olivia, but there's a chance its over. But, will it ever be truly over? True love has a way of raising its ugly head when you least expect it.
Old 02-10-13, 06:06 PM   #19
abcdxyz
Blew Up the Hatch

This felt less like a season finale than a SERIES finale. What can they do plotwise that would top stealing a presidential election?

The minute that Verna said she would be giving a deposition to the Justice department after she talked to the Pres, I knew he would step on her air hose or somehow hasten her death so she couldn't talk. That now makes him complicit in the whole fraud/coverup, and it's one of the reasons he's so mad at Olivia.

I'm surprised that he seemed to turn to Melly in this situation. I think he knows that she was one of those who knew about and accepted the election rigging, so why is she any better than Olivia in this whole deal?

I'd say there's NO chance that Fitz and Olivia are through! What else would the show be about?

Last edited by abcdxyz; 02-10-13 at 06:11 PM.
abcdxyz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-11-13, 09:40 PM   #20
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
This felt less like a season finale than a SERIES finale. What can they do plotwise that would top stealing a presidential election?
Obviously, keeping it quite. There's going to be more fall out from this as the season goes on. Hollis realizes he's vunerable and he doesn't like it. That'll change.

Quote:
...The minute that Verna said she would be giving a deposition to the Justice department after she talked to the Pres, I knew he would step on her air hose or somehow hasten her death so she couldn't talk. That now makes him complicit in the whole fraud/coverup, and it's one of the reasons he's so mad at Olivia...
I agree with the last part of this statement. He thought he was above it all, now he's right down in the mud with the rest of the conspiracy agents.

Quote:
...I'm surprised that he seemed to turn to Melly in this situation. I think he knows that she was one of those who knew about and accepted the election rigging, so why is she any better than Olivia in this whole deal...
Because he knew she was not above doing whatever it took to get him elected. She mentioned something in this episode about how long she's been with him. What she's done over the years. He knows the marriage was more for convenience than love. He needed her, but she need him more. He knows she induced labor to keep him from divorcing her. Remember, he thought she hired the assassin.