Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > LOST > LOST Theories > A brand new(i guess) personal theory!

LOST Theories So you think you know some secrets of the island? Maybe you can explain everything. If it's original and you can back it up, we'd love to hear it.

Old 04-17-17, 10:37 PM   #11
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

Re: A brand new(i guess) personal theory!

What, Jack was off by five or ten years?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-18-17, 06:45 AM   #12
jaystao
Seeker of Island Tao
Talks Backwards

Quote:
The bodies in the cave were Rose and Bernard. Jack said they had been dead for about 40 years, if you will recall. Not sure how it works out with the timelines and the bomb, except to say that all the bomb did was stop the temporal shifting and put everyone back into normal time except, for some reason, those two. We lost sight of that during the show run because we assumed that the "waiting room" was an alternate reality created by the bomb.
BC

Just to clarify Big Cat. Though I don't believe it really matters to much, but I'm adamant that without a doubt the two bodies in the cave were Jacobs mum and brother and all my instinct and knowledge of narrative film and off Lost overall leads me to argue against your deduction.

Jack actually says when Kate asks him how long the bodies were there "Long, it takes at least 30 - 50 years for clothes to deteriorate like this" or something like that. He never said 40 years and certainly what he meant was ambiguous but generally he was making a self declared guess that the bodies have been there for at least several decades plus what ever years and nothing more. That's the only point you take from that reference. Even if he had said 40 years like some expert CSI dude once again he's only like a doctor dude and it's not a certainty he was ever right. It is pretty clear (in my authoritative opinion lol) that the finale was quite clear in showing us the bodies of mum and bro in that position and the two stones Jacob placed in them and then juxtaposed with Jack finding those very stones with Kate that the creators believe and want us to believe like wise. But hell, it can Bernard and Rose if you want, it's all so... long ago.

However I find what you say here far more exciting.

Quote:
Yes, we saw Jacob's mother and MiB's body in the same cave...but...Those three were speaking Latin, not really that old of a language. The arrivals were obviously Egyptian due to the statue they built, but they were not "classical Egyptian". They were dressed wrong and they had iron tools and weapons. The height of the Nile Civilization was during the Bronze Age, see my posts in the RIII thread in Lostaways for details. Likely they were from Ptolemaic Egypt, after the conquest of Alexander. This puts the time frame of the "Young Jacob" flashback to the latter first millennium BCE which is hardly "Garden of Eden" material. In short, TPTB offer very little concrete in terms of the island's origin. And that's fine. It does not need to be ultimately explained. To do so would probably make people's brains ooze out their ears and/or ruin the show's credibility even more than it already has been.
It shows an understanding of ancient history, how it might relate to Lost, how different periods relate to each other which is just awesome! Love it!
Old 04-18-17, 04:54 PM   #13
TheBigCat
SOUNDERS...erm...SEAHAWKS FTW
Carries Big Stick

Location: Green Hell, temporarily leased out to the 12th Man.

Well, there is always the possibility that the writers did bupkis for research on ancient civilizations in the Mediterranean. It's not like that's never happened in Hollywood before. Even on a show like LOST where there was a lot of research done in some areas the possibility for glaring gaps existed. Still, finding out that the language which Jacob's family was speaking was Latin was exciting. Seeing the newcomers building the statue was exciting.

Avatar and sig img courtesy of vincentstuntdbl#23
TheBigCat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-20-17, 08:00 AM   #14
jaystao
Seeker of Island Tao
Talks Backwards

Quote:
Well, there is always the possibility that the writers did bupkis for research on ancient civilizations in the Mediterranean. It's not like that's never happened in Hollywood before. Even on a show like LOST where there was a lot of research done in some areas the possibility for glaring gaps existed. Still, finding out that the language which Jacob's family was speaking was Latin was exciting. Seeing the newcomers building the statue was exciting.
BC

Yea you know me, I'd go on far to much about that stuff.

I did however watch a documentary recently describing the Garden of Eden as being a garden represented in the structure of the temple of Jerusalem. It was narrated by this woman historian who seemed to wear the same blue dress wherever she went. It was fascinating as it talked about the origin of the first 'gardens' in ancient Babylon, Assyria and Mesopotamia. And a s a central pillar of the divine king and his people and how this 'idea' of the relationship with a god king and people was transplanted into the temple as a holy meeting place where 'god', king and people shared a common space. Really interesting.
Old 04-20-17, 09:19 AM   #15
J_C
Hypercreative
Talks Backwards

They were Amelia Earhart and Fred Noonan.

J_C is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-20-17, 02:58 PM   #16
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaystao View Post
I'd go on far to much about that stuff.
I'd read it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-21-17, 08:01 AM   #17
TheBigCat
SOUNDERS...erm...SEAHAWKS FTW
Carries Big Stick

Location: Green Hell, temporarily leased out to the 12th Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_C View Post
They were Amelia Earhart and Fred Noonan.
Still an attractive theory.

Avatar and sig img courtesy of vincentstuntdbl#23
TheBigCat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > LOST > LOST Theories »