Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Liz's First Watch: The Wire

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 01-12-18, 05:42 AM   #1
Liz
Ridiculicious!
Hears the Whispers

Send a message via AIM to Liz Send a message via MSN to Liz Send a message via Yahoo to Liz Send a message via Skype™ to Liz
Liz's First Watch: The Wire

Okay, so I am finally watching The Wire because so many people have told me that I HAVE to watch it. I only know that it's about drugs and cops and stuff like that, and that it's supposed to be good. Oh, and I have also heard that just about every black actor from every other TV show is from this show, lol.

So here I go....
Old 01-12-18, 05:46 AM   #2
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

Re: Liz's First Watch: The Wire

This is America.

vonnegut is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-18, 06:17 AM   #3
Liz
Ridiculicious!
Hears the Whispers

Send a message via AIM to Liz Send a message via MSN to Liz Send a message via Yahoo to Liz Send a message via Skype™ to Liz

E1:

So this is mostly a set up episode, setting the scene and introducing the characters, etc. It looks like the detective, McCutcheon or something like that, is the main character as this mostly seems to all be shown from his perspective. I like the badass woman cop so far. I also like the main detective's partner. Some dude gets off a murder charge because some high-roller guy (what's his face who is in just about everything now..Idris Elba) got to the witness.

All of the cops are pissed because the detective guy squealed about Idris to a judge. Like, really pissed. That guy from LOST, Abaddon or whatever, is giving him an especially hard time.

Holy crap what year was this made? There are typewriters and pagers all over the place, lmao!! I predict that I will see a Blockbuster store at some point.

Oh and awesome-ass Michael B. Jordan is in this as a young drug runner. He is like a little baby! Super young.

So far I like it okay. I am not a big fan of cop shows in general but some of the characters are already interesting. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Old 01-12-18, 06:19 AM   #4
Liz
Ridiculicious!
Hears the Whispers

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
This is America.
LOL! Yeah, that was a good start. It gives me a sense right away that this won't have typical cop-show dialogue. I like it.
Old 01-12-18, 06:26 AM   #5
Liz
Ridiculicious!
Hears the Whispers

Oh, and speaking of dialogue, there aren't many shows/movies that get "street" dialogue right. They usually go way over the top ghetto and it just isn't realistic. This show strikes the right balance in that regard which scores a big point in my book.
Old 01-12-18, 07:25 AM   #6
Cr8tor
Of the Bubs
Stares Down Smokey

*subscribes*
Cr8tor is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-18, 08:31 AM   #8
Liz
Ridiculicious!
Hears the Whispers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
I know dass righ'! S'wha'm say'n!

I could be street.
No.
Old 01-12-18, 08:53 AM   #9
Liz
Ridiculicious!
Hears the Whispers

E2:

So the detective keeps getting in more s*** for talking to his judge "friend". That dude keeps throwing you under the bus, bruh. WHY do you keep talking to him??

They give Abaddon a crappy crew and an even crappier office space, which is kind of jacked up. Hopefully they wont be in that place for long.

I still like Kima the best so far. She is badass and just has an "I'm over it" look on her face 24/7, lol. I love her.

Dude who beat the murder rap is apparently the drug lord's cousin, but he keeps messing up. I predict drug lord will have to eventually kill him if he keeps being such a dumbass. Dumb cousin is sent to a lesser apartment building which he is not happy about. Baby Michael B. is there which I like (I really like him as an actor). I hope he makes his way up the ranks.

Idris is running ish at the Towers and from the way that the cops are acting my guess is that he has at least some of them on his payroll.

Oh, I forgot to mention last post about the preacher dude from Walking Dead and his dumbass partner. When we first met them I told my husband that I thought his partner's big mouth and I-think-I'm-much-cooler-than-I-am attitude was going to get them into trouble. Lo and behold, they bite off more than they can chew trying to do too much at the apartments and get their squad car burnt to a crisp. Somehow I don't think they're going to learn their lesson though.
Old 01-12-18, 11:46 AM   #10
nsguy
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
So far I like it okay. I am not a big fan of cop shows in general but some of the characters are already interesting. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Make sure you stick with it, it takes a little while to get into it but it is worth it.
nsguy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »