Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Ness First-Watch : Deadwood

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 12-23-17, 05:39 PM   #1
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

Ness First-Watch : Deadwood

Ness on FB:

"Make the thread and fix my typos and Ill post in it lol"

So, Ness is watching AoS after my incessant nagging/begging, and she's coming up with theories and trying to figure stuff out and it's magnificent

So, after more nagging/begging, she's agreed to do a First-Watch thread.

Here it is. No spoilers.

**She is currently on S1E11**

Last edited by vonnegut; 01-14-18 at 06:38 AM.
vonnegut is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-23-17, 05:42 PM   #2
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

Re: Ness First-Watch : Agents of Shield

So, imma need your current impressions on:

--Coulson

--May

--Skye

--Ward

--Fitz

--Simmons

--Victoria Hand

--What do you think about the mystery around Coulson and his un-death?

--What do you think about the girl in the flower dress?

--What do you think about "The Clairvoyant"?

Old 12-23-17, 05:58 PM   #3
Ness
Tudel Agitaxatel
Sees Walt

Coulson - He's adorable. Initially I just assumed that his heart stopped and he was resuscitated, no big deal. But clearly that;s not the case since centipede went to that much trouble to kidnap him. The ep with the asgardian berserker when Coulson shoves his hand in his chest seems kinda foreshadowy to me. Maybe Coulson is Asgardian and doesn't know it? Maybe he's human but got a blood transfusion from Thor and now he's a hybrid? Not sure.

May - hated her initially. Starting to warm up to her now. The way she treated the guy trapped between two dimensions was much warmer than I would have expected and Coulson spent a little time setting Sky straight about May. There's definitely more there. I also really think May and Skye have an unknown connection. My current theory is that Sky is the girl that May saved in Bahrain with her bare hands. That would explain why shes so hard on her. Not because she lacks confidence in Skye's abilities but because shes trying to keep her out of harms way anyway she can.

Skye - see above. I think May will end up being the most interesting thing about Skye. Otherwise I think shes a pretty flat character.

Fitz & Simmons - I'm tackling them together because I really see them as an inseparable pair. I watches the first 3 eps a while ago and just restarted again so I may have forgotten or missed something about the explanation of their connection. I've been trying to figure out if they are siblings or in love with each other without the other one knowing? I think I'm leaning towards love. Hopefully not siblings because then wtf how did I read it the way I did.

Victoria Hand, who is this again? The shield director? I'm bad at names.

Girl in the flower dress - shes a freak, but ultimately I think only a minion. She wont live through the last ep of the season.

The Clairvoyant - ooooh I have a lot of ideas but no idea if any of them are plausible. They've been so secretive about the clairvoyant. Part of me thinks the dude who they broke out of prison IS the clairvoyant. I don't know if its disassociative personalities or maybe like the dude in total recall with the other dude on his stomach. I think there's a big connection between the two of them somehow. Doesn't make sense otherwise that only the one dude would get to know. Also, if the clairvoyant can't see what happened to Coulson does that mean Coulson is somehow connected to the clairvoyant too?

Last edited by vonnegut; 12-23-17 at 06:04 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-23-17, 06:09 PM   #4
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Coulson - He's adorable. Initially I just assumed that his heart stopped and he was resuscitated, no big deal. But clearly that;s not the case since centipede went to that much trouble to kidnap him. The ep with the asgardian berserker when Coulson shoves his hand in his chest seems kinda foreshadowy to me. Maybe Coulson is Asgardian and doesn't know it? Maybe he's human but got a blood transfusion from Thor and now he's a hybrid? Not sure.
He's SUPER adorable.

Quote:

May - hated her initially. Starting to warm up to her now. The way she treated the guy trapped between two dimensions was much warmer than I would have expected and Coulson spent a little time setting Skye straight about May. There's definitely more there. I also really think May and Skye have an unknown connection. My current theory is that Skye is the girl that May saved in Bahrain with her bare hands. That would explain why shes so hard on her. Not because she lacks confidence in Skye's abilities but because shes trying to keep her out of harms way anyway she can.
May is one of the deepest characters. There is always a little more to her than you see at first. The actress does an amazing job.

Quote:

Skye - see above. I think May will end up being the most interesting thing about Skye. Otherwise I think shes a pretty flat character.
Interesting.

Quote:

Fitz & Simmons - I'm tackling them together because I really see them as an inseparable pair. I watches the first 3 eps a while ago and just restarted again so I may have forgotten or missed something about the explanation of their connection. I've been trying to figure out if they are siblings or in love with each other without the other one knowing? I think I'm leaning towards love. Hopefully not siblings because then wtf how did I read it the way I did.
They are NOT siblings. (For one thing, Simmons is English and Fitz is Scottish, come on now.)
They went to Shield Science School together and became really good friends.

As for subtext you're picking up on, that is subtext.

Yeah, Fitzsimmons being kind of interchangeable is a S1 thing. Just watch them.

Quote:

Victoria Hand, who is this again? The shield director? I'm bad at names.
The Director is Nick Fury (Sam L. Jackson), but Hand is a high-ranking agent, just above Coulson's level I believe.

Quote:

Girl in the flower dress - she's a freak, but ultimately I think only a minion. She wont live through the last ep of the season.
I like this thread already.

Quote:

The Clairvoyant - ooooh I have a lot of ideas but no idea if any of them are plausible. They've been so secretive about the clairvoyant. Part of me thinks the dude who they broke out of prison IS the clairvoyant. I don't know if its disassociative personalities or maybe like the dude in total recall with the other dude on his stomach. I think there's a big connection between the two of them somehow. Doesn't make sense otherwise that only the one dude would get to know. Also, if the clairvoyant can't see what happened to Coulson does that mean Coulson is somehow connected to the clairvoyant too?
Definitely like this thread

Old 12-23-17, 06:12 PM   #5
Ness
Tudel Agitaxatel
Sees Walt

Hmmm, strike everything I said about the girl in the flower dress and the Clairvoyant. The prison dude just got murdered through a freaking phone and flower dress girl is top dog now.

New theory, is the clairvoyant an AI? That could explain not understanding coulson. If its figuring out events based on existing knowledge and advance algorithms then it wouldn't be able to make sense out of something magic or alien.

Last edited by vonnegut; 12-23-17 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-23-17, 08:09 PM   #6
Ness
Tudel Agitaxatel
Sees Walt

Soooo... wait. Skye is an alien?
Old 12-23-17, 08:15 PM   #7
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

Old 12-23-17, 08:15 PM   #8
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

Just keep watching.

Old 12-23-17, 08:24 PM   #9
Ness
Tudel Agitaxatel
Sees Walt

Coulson trying to use the holothiny the way he thinks Fitzsimmons would was the cutest freaking thing.

There could be an entire show with just coulson and I think I would be happy.
Old 12-23-17, 08:28 PM   #10
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Coulson trying to use the holothiny the way he thinks Fitzsimmons would was the cutest freaking thing.

There could be an entire show with just coulson and I think I would be happy.
Coulson and Fitz are my everything.

ETA: As I post with this av/sig, lol

« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »