Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Fortitude

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 02-27-15, 06:23 PM   #21
vincentstuntdbl#23
stuntdog
Escapes the Cage

Re: Fortitude

I think I speak for anyone who just seen the latest episode when I say: WTF?!
So the kid (Liam) did it....or did he?
Looks like that Mammothitis might just be a real thing after all and looks like .
Is Mrs Sutter alive or just passed out? What exactly happened to Mr Pettigrew?
Just wait for next week when we'll get more answers questions.

Last edited by vincentstuntdbl#23; 03-01-15 at 12:59 AM.
vincentstuntdbl#23 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-28-15, 07:42 PM   #22
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Two people are so far infected by something. The woman (forget her name) by what looks like a more genuine disease. And Liam, the kid, by what I would so far call a spirit. Maybe it's Naughty Viking Syndrome. Worse than all this, Mammoth fluids are draining into the underground pipes or such. So (as someone might have suggested) more people will fall ill.

What's interesting is that Petitgrew was killed in his room. That's the murder which will likely have a triable culprit. That murder was for human motives. Most likely, greed.

I think I liked the first half of the episode more than the second. After Liam's involvement faded, the intensity fell a bit. I wonder how long until the quarantine.

Old 03-07-15, 12:19 AM   #23
vincentstuntdbl#23
stuntdog
Escapes the Cage

If yer money was on Mammoth psycho virus, than ding, ding, ding you're a winner!
That was a krazy & kinda unwatchable scene! That's gonna hurt tourism.
Old 03-08-15, 03:38 AM   #24
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

I guess we had to know, but I hated that scene. Did the kid do the same thing or did the mammoth virus not communicate in terms a youngster could understand?

And another trouble with the assault (besides how gross it was) is that there may be too much future time spent interviewing that fetishist when someone with any brains should link these two cases and go WTFOMFG!

The father and daughter bumped from the boat---symbolic. Prepare thyself for quarantine.

The photograph that the old gent developed is fine and all but now Im confused about the beginning images where he supposedly shot BP in the head. So that's not at all true? Did he dream it? Imagine it? Was convinced by the smoothtalking sheriff? What? What? What?

Liking the show, but next week we need absolute panic---and the inevitable quarantine. I mean, what other solution is there? Besides, blood voodoo, of course.
Old 03-08-15, 06:10 AM   #25
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

Well I binge watched all of the episode so far. It's decent but disappointing. Stanley Tucci is VERY wooden in this role. The spanish actress is horrible and several others are very weak. I do like Gambon and the Sheriff though. They killed off the most interesting actor in the show pretty darn quick as well.
FrodoFraggins is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-08-15, 06:12 AM   #26
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonian androphile View Post

The photograph that the old gent developed is fine and all but now Im confused about the beginning images where he supposedly shot BP in the head. So that's not at all true? Did he dream it? Imagine it? Was convinced by the smoothtalking sheriff? What? What? What?
What I gleamed from the photo was that the cops handcuffed the dude in a place where Bears would get to him. By the time Gambon ran across him, the bear had torn him down from that spot. The sheriff made Gambon believe that he was helping him by shooing him away quickly and covering up the shooting. When he probably simply didn't want Gambon to see the evidence that it was really murder. Gambon's killed him well after he had a chance to survive for long.
Old 03-08-15, 06:14 AM   #27
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

What's the deal with the guy trying to fatten up his woman?
Old 03-08-15, 12:40 PM   #28
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoFraggins View Post
Well I binge watched all of the episode so far. It's decent but disappointing. Stanley Tucci is VERY wooden in this role. The spanish actress is horrible and several others are very weak. I do like Gambon and the Sheriff though. They killed off the most interesting actor in the show pretty darn quick as well.
I feel quite the opposite. I like most of the people and I think the acting's good. No matter though.

Quote:
What I gleamed from the photo was that the cops handcuffed the dude in a place where Bears would get to him. By the time Gambon ran across him, the bear had torn him down from that spot. The sheriff made Gambon believe that he was helping him by shooing him away quickly and covering up the shooting. When he probably simply didn't want Gambon to see the evidence that it was really murder. Gambon's killed him well after he had a chance to survive for long.
Thanks. From the beginning I really couldn't trust Gambon's perception of things.

Quote:
What's the deal with the guy trying to fatten up his woman?
There's a sexual fetish where one partner enjoys, over time, fattening up the other. In gay circles, it's called a chub and a chaser. In this instance, however, there seems to be an attempt of having greater psychological control. The guy oozes creep, and it is his character I find least interesting in the story. Although, the woman suddenly rising from her state and turning all uber violent is an interesting dimension, considering her response to the fetishistic dynamic.

eta: I should say that the chub and chaser fetishers Ive heard of are generally willing participants who enjoy the dynamic. The two in Fortitude may derive some sort of benefit per se, but it's not enjoyment in terms that I understand. She's way too passive and he's way too eager and creepy.

Last edited by boonian androphile; 03-08-15 at 03:01 PM.
boonian androphile is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-08-15, 09:21 PM   #29
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonian androphile View Post
There's a sexual fetish where one partner enjoys, over time, fattening up the other. In gay circles, it's called a chub and a chaser. In this instance, however, there seems to be an attempt of having greater psychological control. The guy oozes creep, and it is his character I find least interesting in the story. Although, the woman suddenly rising from her state and turning all uber violent is an interesting dimension, considering her response to the fetishistic dynamic.

eta: I should say that the chub and chaser fetishers Ive heard of are generally willing participants who enjoy the dynamic. The two in Fortitude may derive some sort of benefit per se, but it's not enjoyment in terms that I understand. She's way too passive and he's way too eager and creepy.
Yeah that dude comes across as a sociopath in his scenes. Very narcissistic and self absorbed. I think he could play an interesting role if given the chance. I think he's at least mysterious. I find the Governor and her husband to simply be bores. As is the father of the young girl on the run.

At this point, I'm mainly wondering what the printout held by the Russian reveals. I assume it's more than simply related to the mammoth.
Old 03-09-15, 12:40 AM   #30
vincentstuntdbl#23
stuntdog
Escapes the Cage

Henry (Gambone) was pretty drunk, so he's not the best at remembering things.
I'm pretty sure the kid tried to do the same to Stoddart, but was probably too weak.
IMHO - the more recent scene shoulda cut away/edited better.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »