Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Legion - FX Wednesday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 02-21-17, 08:51 PM   #21
Pi-o-my
Pushes the Button

Re: Legion - FX Wednesday

Thanks, Mr. Mo. I thought the name was familiar. Question is, can David trust her? She's cute and charming and all, but maybe it wasn't really an accident that when she was in charge of the David-body, Lenny was eliminated, at least from (that level of) reality.

And thanks, Soup. So was that the good Professor in a flashback, reading what seems to be an inappropriate book with David? Seemed too Babadookish for a sensitive child, especially at bedtime. Unless you wanted to enhance or unleash the child's powers.
Pi-o-my is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-17, 09:07 PM   #22
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

I thought this was going to be a less convoluted episode, because it started out great. The mind-meld was fascinating to watch, but that's also where I got lost again.

I, personally, need more separation between the segments of the story. The psychiatrist was brought in, not by a memory, but something else. Then, the story lost all semblance to a normal story.

Now, I understand that's part of the charm of the series, but from one minute to the next, I have no idea who's in charge.
Old 02-21-17, 09:25 PM   #23
Pi-o-my
Pushes the Button

Just roll with it, Hodge.

To add to the confusion, I'm not completely convinced that the psychiatrist is an actual memory. He could (emphasis on could) be a construct being used by the Bird group to get David to examine his past. It might make sense for David to have seen a psychiatrist in his actual past, but this particular one seemed a bit too comfortable with his closet -- a rather freighted symbol -- having opened up on (seemingly) its own. (Do I hear you groaning, Hodge? Sorry 'bout that.)
Old 02-21-17, 10:58 PM   #24
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi-o-my View Post
Just roll with it, Hodge.

To add to the confusion, I'm not completely convinced that the psychiatrist is an actual memory. He could (emphasis on could) be a construct being used by the Bird group to get David to examine his past. It might make sense for David to have seen a psychiatrist in his actual past, but this particular one seemed a bit too comfortable with his closet -- a rather freighted symbol -- having opened up on (seemingly) its own. (Do I hear you groaning, Hodge? Sorry 'bout that.)
You know Pi-o-my, I've come to the conclusion, this all could be happening in David's mind. Can you say coma? I thought you could.

I'm just asking for a way to tell whether what's happening is real, a memory, or something else. Something clear and precise. Something, in which, anytime I saw it, I'd know what was happening and where. Does that make any sense?
Old 02-22-17, 12:12 AM   #25
soup
Holds Darlton Under..Forever
Carries Big Stick

Dynomite Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi-o-my View Post

And thanks, Soup. So was that the good Professor in a flashback, reading what seems to be an inappropriate book with David? Seemed too Babadookish for a sensitive child, especially at bedtime. Unless you wanted to enhance or unleash the child's powers.
No, I think the character is based on the marvel character, but any other ties or parts of his backstory will be devoid of actual Marvel characters.
Old 02-22-17, 12:02 PM   #26
nsguy
Cons the Conman

Legion
S01E03 "Chapter 3"
Wednesday - February 22, 2017 @ 10/9c on FX

Spoiler: Episode Description and Preview
"A threat looms as David searches for answers." Source

nsguy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-22-17, 11:40 PM   #27
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
You know Pi-o-my, I've come to the conclusion, this all could be happening in David's mind. Can you say coma? I thought you could.

I'm just asking for a way to tell whether what's happening is real, a memory, or something else. Something clear and precise. Something, in which, anytime I saw it, I'd know what was happening and where. Does that make any sense?
Part of the point is that David himself feels LOST and is often unable to distinguish. I think the show does an excellent job bringing that across to the viewers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup View Post
No, I think the character is based on the marvel character, but any other ties or parts of his backstory will be devoid of actual Marvel characters.
I disagree with this. Practically everything coming out of Marvel Studios in the last several years has, if not directly tied into each other, at least happened in the same 'verse. I don't expect Legion to become just another part of the gigantic Marvel mosaic that has been exploding all across TV and movies, but I also don't expect it to be completely separate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-23-17, 02:59 AM   #28
Dark Side Of The Moon
Seeks Rescue

Very entertaining so far.
Dark Side Of The Moon is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-23-17, 12:01 PM   #29
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Absolutely loved last night's episode. We see that David is much more powerful than anyone even imagined! Telepathy, telekinesis and --- teleportation! That's huge! And that's a lot of power for one person to have. With his power, I do believe he could cause an E.L.E. I get why the other side wants to destroy him.

But what's going on with his memories and what parent would read the Angry Boy book to their kid? And we saw David has memories of the angry boy as if he was real along with that slimy toad like creature with the horrible eyes.

I'm wondering if David's power is great enough to "create" or actually "bring to life" something like the creatures. They weren't real but his fear was so great and his power (uncontrolled) could have given substance to his fears. Thoughts?

The curly haired guy -- The Eye (as he's called) -- so creepy. But he saw something or knew David and Syd were present while they were questioning David's sister. I think if David had control over his powers, he could rescue his sister and no one would be able to stop him.

Formerly known as clayseason1
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-23-17, 07:12 PM   #30
Pi-o-my
Pushes the Button

However this series does or doesn't connect with the bigger Marvel Universe, I have a lot of faith in Noah Hawley to link in with the MU where and only where it helps Legion. He did such a great job with Fargo-tv, connecting it with tidbits and tone to Fargo-movie when it made sense to, and then linking up the two seasons of Fargo-tv with each other without making one dependent on the other.

Just to add about that weird drug that Lenny bartered for, which didn't strike me as a depiction of a memory but maybe a dream or distorted version of an event that happened. Lenny swapped a stove (!) for a drug that needs to be cooked. And it was cooked in a device that looked like a cross between a cane toad and a cookie jar, which has some similarity to the blobby monster David is seeing. Significant? Maybe, maybe not. But I think it's a clue as to the reality of David's memories.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »