Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Orphan Black > Orphan Black S05E06 "Manacled Slim Wrists"

Old 07-15-17, 09:30 PM   #1
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Orphan Black S05E06 "Manacled Slim Wrists"

S05E06 - "Manacled Slim Wrists"
Saturday - July 15, 2017
10/9c - BBC-America

Spoiler: Promo & Episode Description

Cosima is forced into an alliance when an old enemy returns to the island, accelerating PT Westmorland's sinister agenda. Elsewhere: on the mainland, Krystal stumbles onto a vital clue to the Neolution endgame. Source
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-16-17, 09:48 PM   #2
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Re: Orphan Black S05E06 "Manacled Slim Wrists"

Boy, it was nice seeing our favorite , Krystal. Every time she appears in an episode I have to laugh because of our initial introduction to the character.

As far as I remember, she's only met Sarah, am I right? If that's true, maybe that's why she doesn't see the resemblance between her and Sarah. I'd love to see her reaction to Alison, Cosima and Helena all in the same room. If TPTB are reading this, put that in the series finale.

The episode opens with Krystal and Brie in the middle of a demonstration on how to achieve the "party-look" with the minimal accessories. Krystal starts removing rollers from Brie's hair. The problem, her hair is coming out in lumps along with the rollers.

Krystal gets in touch with Art, and she and Brie head down to the comic store for a consultation with Scott. She believes this is a conspiracy by "Big Cosmetics" to discredit what their saying.

If you remember from the last episode, Cosima has informed Sarah Dyad/Neolution want to harvest Kira's eggs and see if they can produce her healing powers for the company.

When Mr. Frontenac arrives to pickup Kira, Sarah informs him she's under the weather. He feels her forehead but she doesn't feel like she's got a temperature and in turn she doesn't seem sick. That is until she throws up on his shoes. He decides to leave her home so she can recover. We find out, Sarah and Mrs. S gave her Ipecac to bring on the vomiting.

On the island, Cosima is still locked in that cage. Mudd comes downstairs but refuses to unlock the door. It seems, P.T. took her in when she was nothing but a "junky". She stole from her parents to support her habit, and left home.

Cosima tells her about the pending tests they plan for Kira, but even that doesn't give her the impetus to help.

Finally, Sarah and Mrs. S convene with Art, Krystal, Brie and Scott over the Net. Krystal mentions that she suspects it was this company named Blue Zone cosmetics that's the culprit.

This name sounds familiar to Mrs. S, as she finds a document showing Dyad has bought Blue Zone Cosmetics a little while ago.

Back on the island, Susan is trying to convince P.T. he needs to focus on Kira, and by doing so, he needs to let Cosima out of that cage. She'd be able to help console Kira during the tests.

Then, he asks her if she remembers who he is. She responds, "John!" I knew he wasn't the real P.T. Westmoreland, and we find out later in the episode, with the help of a picture, he's not 170-years-old either.

BBL!
Old 07-16-17, 10:09 PM   #3
Mattie
Cons the Conman

The dude Krystal fights with in her apartment is Tatiana's real life boyfriend. That's all I got. LOL

"madness, and then illumination"
orson scott card
http://instagram.com/towhateverend
Mattie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-22-17, 02:22 AM   #4
Pruechelan
Wasn't on the List

I'm looking for theories on Ciara, if she gets out of it, or if she's going to have babies harvested from her. Also she's pre-puberty so would harvesting her eggs involve an Oophorectomy, since they can't do what they normally do for egg donors by giving her hormones and harvesting during a menstrual cycle.

Small extra thing that I don't think will be tied up because probably no one else is questioning it, but Wilm's tumor isn't a particularly fatal cancer, why did she come to revival?
Pruechelan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-22-17, 05:46 PM   #5
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruechelan View Post
I'm looking for theories on Ciara, if she gets out of it, or if she's going to have babies harvested from her...
Nice to see you again, Pruechelan.

Regarding your question...No way is that happening to Kira. TPTB have put that out there to increase the viewing audience, but they wouldn't show something like that, especially as you point out, she's still very young.

Plus, I'm just sitting back waiting for Helena to have these babies and come riding into town and take care of all of them. She's already said, "We will kill Rachel once I have my babies."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruechelan View Post
...Small extra thing that I don't think will be tied up because probably no one else is questioning it, but Wilm's tumor isn't a particularly fatal cancer, why did she come to revival?
Who is Wilm?
Old 07-23-17, 04:59 AM   #6
Pruechelan
Wasn't on the List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post

Who is Wilm?
Dr. Max Wilms (I messed up the apostrophe should be Wilms') a German physician who discovered the type of cancer Aisha has / had.

Also nice to be here again (my computer died and after I replaced it I forgot what site I was on but I've finally found again in time for the last season :/)
Pruechelan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Orphan Black »