Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Sports > Sports News > Ezekiel Elliott Suspension

Old 08-14-17, 09:05 PM   #11
Zaphod of Whiskers
Stares Down Smokey

Location: You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Re: Ezekiel Elliott Suspension

thanks for the feedback guys....i like hearing opinions on this type of stuff (and sorry to derail the Ezekial talk.)

Should have taken warning, it's just
People ignoring
Running, hiding, lost
You can't find, find a place to go, so it's
Red skies at night
Zaphod of Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-31-17, 08:40 PM   #12
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Zeke Elliott's appeal hearing has concluded after 3 days and 25 hours of additional testimony. Harold Henderson, Goodell's "henchman" will review and pass on Goodell's, I mean, his proclamation.
Old 09-05-17, 07:20 PM   #13
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Arbitrator, Harold Henderson will give his decision today (09/05/17). Every Cowboys fan is waiting with baited breath.

I expect no change from the initial decision. Which means, we're headed to court.
Old 09-09-17, 07:01 PM   #14
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
Arbitrator, Harold Henderson will give his decision today (09/05/17). Every Cowboys fan is waiting with baited breath.

I expect no change from the initial decision. Which means, we're headed to court.
As expected, there was no relief from the Arbitrator, so Zeke's camp took the case to Federal Court in Texas trying to secure a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO).

Friday (09/08/17), the Federal Court issued the TRO. Included in the TRO was the most stringent wording outlining the Courts view of the what happened during arbitration.

With the TRO, depending on what the NFL decides to do, may allow Elliott to play the whole season as it wines thru the court system.

Read here for background
Old 09-10-17, 02:25 AM   #15
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

As a Saints fan, i know how it feels to have your own team singled out to take a punch in the mouth for what's a systemic problem in the game, Hodge. I gotta say that i'm glad Goodell is coming down hard on him, though. There are a lot of things wrong in the NFL, but this is a big one. It figures that Goodell would go after an image problem instead of going after things like player safety and the long-term deleterious effects of playing the game, but at least it is progress, even if it's not necessarily the most important issue, it is an important issue.

Nothing against the 'Boys, nor any of their fans, but i hope this sticks, and i hope it damages or even effectively ends his career. It's long past time for the NFL to take a stand on this issue, and in some ways i think they're pulling their punches when they shouldn't. The NFLPA has a responsibility to defend Elliot, but they don't have a responsibility to do so well. I hope they hang his ass out to dry, and i think i can honestly say that i would feel the same even if he played for my team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-11-17, 09:39 PM   #16
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post
As a Saints fan, i know how it feels to have your own team singled out to take a punch in the mouth for what's a systemic problem in the game, Hodge. I gotta say that i'm glad Goodell is coming down hard on him, though. There are a lot of things wrong in the NFL, but this is a big one. It figures that Goodell would go after an image problem instead of going after things like player safety and the long-term deleterious effects of playing the game, but at least it is progress, even if it's not necessarily the most important issue, it is an important issue...
Honestly, I couldn't agree more!

Having 3 girls of my own, I can't imagine having to deal with this on a personal basis. And, let me go a little further...I'm pretty sure he's guilty!

Athletes are usually taken care of in situations like these. Their colleges look the other way, and the guys entourage (which includes Agents and such) are willing to pay to keep things quite.

I just personally think the procedure is flawed. The idea of someone acting as Judge, Jury and executioner is a problem. And I know, this is what the NFLPA agreed to in the last contract. And, I don't think it will change anytime soon.

The NFLPA would have to give up to much to get this pulled from the next contract. Especially with what's happened in this case and others. And, we're still talking about a small minority when it comes to this matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post
...Nothing against the 'Boys, nor any of their fans...
This part was put in just in case Mrs Mo read this. That couch must be really hard.

Last edited by Hodgepodge; 09-11-17 at 09:56 PM.
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-17, 02:52 AM   #17
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

Actually, no. Mrs. Mo thinks he should be suspended without pay until the legal matters are settled, and unless he is acquitted in a court of law (in other words, settling out of court isn't good enough), his contract should be void and he should be banned from further employment by the league and its constituent franchises.

She's pretty zero-tolerence on domestic abuse, even when it involves her own team.

BUT you have some very solid points there about the NFLPA and the CBA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Sports > Sports News »