Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > LOST > LOST Theories > + The truth behind the ISlAND revealed!

LOST Theories So you think you know some secrets of the island? Maybe you can explain everything. If it's original and you can back it up, we'd love to hear it.

Old 04-25-08, 02:33 AM   #1
jaystao
Seeker of Island Tao
Talks Backwards

+ The truth behind the ISlAND revealed!

First of all I didn't want to post this thread, mainly because for many LOST's mystery is part of the fun. I've been holding out on this for some time and I hope you forgive me for spoiling things, but with the advent of season four we are finding that more and more secrets of the island are being revealed so I wanted to just say "I told you so" now and be done with that, and although I understand that this secret has been in front of us, or as it were, behind the various protagonists for some time - I was loathe to state it simply for fear that I would ruin the mystery for everyone and I didn't want to do that.

So anyway it begins with the idea of Isaak Asimov's foundation series - in the last few books of that series the protagonists find a planet that has been colonized down to the very atom - that is to say the original human settlers chose to give up their freedoms as singular entities to join with the uber entity known as 'Gaia' which was the conciousness of an entire planet. Every atom of that planet, every cell, every organism was in some way sentient and 'connected' to every other part. Gaia had many powers including telepathy and mind controll, though it to was subservient to its designer, who was a human protecting robot with vast powers at its disposal.

Free will is discussed by Juliet when sitting in the lounge of her room. THis is because she is living in a vast conciousness similar to the Gaia being. Where every atom in its field matrix is unified or at least is attempting to be so of centuries of evolution. However the balance is not perfect, there is disharmony where there should be harmony (remember Dharma came to the island to find harmony). And given this unique sharing of 'soul' of conciousness on the island, that's where it occured to me. What if an inanimate state was to have a long term relationship with a human conciousness (a relationship that we, for the most part take for granted) for a long part of human history (with the island as the crux) - if the concious parts of the human mind and soul were to be assimilated into the atoms of these inanimate materials, if memories and dreams were somehow shared, then like the 'sword of destiny' or the evil dolls of horror, they could become sentient and possibly malevant (like terminator robots) to their human creators.

And now for the great revelation - you better take a seat for this one.
Look at this...

(warned spoiler for the whole show!)

Yes! IT's... THE CHAIRS!

Back in season one many devotees of this board began to predict the chair phenomenon - prophesizing that a chair would be found on the island (this had many names, the montouk chair, the throne of god, the seat of island conciousness) - and we were often ridiculed and laughed at. How many times did I cry my self to sleep, hands clenched as I punched my pillow in harrowing anguish at the petty foolishness of my fellow collegues who scorned the chair theorists. We foretold the coming of the chair - hell I even predicted they would find a chair in the hatch! And low and behold we have been proved right on this show, time and time again. So here me now, let the truth be known - it was the chairs all along!

Think about it. What other matieral are we constantly in contact with, do most of our day to day activities on. USE in the most abusive demeaning fashion possible - to sit our behinds upon. Day after day. What other item could possibly be more angry at the human race.... and now with the shared conciousness envisioned by Gaia's grand sentience they have finally achieved sentience. Mellenia of existing benieth mankinds dreams, thoughts, tribulations has given birth to a new race of - furniture.

Each chair acts as a 'signal' sharing ideas and controlling their human like vassals as they sit like mind controlled zombies, thinking that they controll the chair but rather it is the chair that controlls them. Because their only ability in the grand scheme of things is telepathy (similar to the Asimov book). Telepathy to influence and controll the human race. What they seek is obvious - telekinesis (and then they will do away with the human race) - and it is on the island to which gave birth to their chaired conciousness that they may find it.

Because of the islands time munipulation they are able to send thoughts and ideas back through time and space to their fellow Chair collegues and even chair selves - all through human society and human evolution. Munipulating things so certain human drones and materials get to the island to continue their research of coarse - sometimes having to purge the island of their annoying tools in order to continue new lines of thinking.

Above we have an example of how chairs are using people to 'indoctrinate' their minds. It isn't easy for chair to simply control a human being - it takes alot of 'time'. Long term exposure to a chair helps to produce the desired consequence - that is why Locke had to sit in the chair in the hatch before he could evolve the certain mind set needed to carry on his mission.

We see evidence of the chairs every where - but nothing confrimed my thoughts more then when we discovered the head huncho Jacob - and what was he? Yes, A CHAIR!

AN evil chair at that. A chair that has developed powers of teleportation upon the island. Perhaps the first 'CHAIR' so to speak. That is why Jacob can't physically leave the cabin - hes a chair.

Finally the greatest revelation is that all these chairs, thrones and seats are merely thrones to a greater entity -

YES, THE ISLAND ITSELF IS A CHAIR! A GREAT SEAT! A THRONE OF DESTINY! SIT UPON ME AND KNOW ME AS I KNOW YOU!

Mark me well, we will see more chairs on the island. Their sinister forewarning will soon encompass all. As their powers develop, as they learn to controll and develop their human hosts - and inturn evolve themselves, the most sinisther thing that any LOSTIE can do is to hear whispering and suddenly turn around in the jungle, only to find, a chair.... staring back at them.

Enjoy the up coming episode of LOST. CHeers!

.... next week I'll introduce a twist in the plot. The war between the chairs and their true enemies - next week we discuss...

The Trees!

Last edited by jaystao; 04-25-08 at 02:42 AM.
jaystao is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-08, 02:52 AM   #2
SwaveDave
Wasn't on the List

Re: The truth behind the ISlAND revealed!

All I can say is WOW!
SwaveDave is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-08, 05:00 PM   #3
time is a river
World Traveler
Talks Backwards

I was a chair for six years. Really.

time is a river is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-08, 06:16 PM   #4
blaze98
Burned the Raft

LOL...that made my afternoon
blaze98 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-08, 06:19 PM   #5
Vitriol
Ministry of Music
Hears the Whispers

I have a chair. OH GOD I HAVE A CHAIR!

"I wear a Stetson now. Stetsons are cool."
Vitriol is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-08, 06:32 PM   #6
IMLOSTRU?
"Dharmatic Detective"
Talks Backwards

?
Old 04-25-08, 08:00 PM   #7
LostHorizon
Pushes the Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by time is a river View Post
What a coincidence!

I was a table for two......
LostHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-26-08, 03:45 AM   #8
Jinjur
Hears the Whispers

Send a message via Skype™ to Jinjur

what are you smoking? and where can I get some?
Jinjur is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-26-08, 04:45 AM   #9
Vitriol
Ministry of Music
Hears the Whispers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHorizon View Post
What a coincidence!

Ba-dum-bum..tssssss

"I wear a Stetson now. Stetsons are cool."
Vitriol is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-26-08, 04:52 AM   #10
LostHorizon
Pushes the Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyMonday View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHorizon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by time is a river View Post
What a coincidence!

Ba-dum-bum..tssssss
Thank you ladies and gentlemen, have a good night....I'll be at Carolines on the 7th, and Laugh Factory on the 9th.....
LostHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > LOST > LOST Theories »