Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Community > Lostaways! :) > What's New/Tomato Envy

Lostaways! :) Welcome Lostaways! Kick back, relax, and have a little fun!

Old 03-19-17, 01:26 PM   #3961
Warthawg1
The American Idle
Cons the Conman

Send a message via ICQ to Warthawg1 Send a message via AIM to Warthawg1 Send a message via MSN to Warthawg1 Send a message via Yahoo to Warthawg1
Re: What's New/Happy Pi Day!

I told a story about having to tell an area director he had to fire an employee, and why he had to do it...
Then I decided to redact the information because it didn't seem to fit the current What's New tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-17, 06:49 PM   #3962
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

Ah. Is it a funny story? I'm always up for funny.

I'm on my way home now. Can't wait!

~cover links above support the forum via our astore!~
catnap is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-17, 12:40 PM   #3963
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

Morning all! Home safe with no incidents, which is shocking considering other trips and my trip down to VA, which I'll relate later for those without FB. Now I'm back to the glamorous world of dishes, laundry, cat litter, and fitness classes.

Old 03-20-17, 03:25 PM   #3964
MinaKitty
Requestatoriumatrix
Hears the Whispers

Tournaments Won: 1

Send a message via Yahoo to MinaKitty Send a message via Skype™ to MinaKitty

Counting the days before I leave for Peru on Friday. Peru. Where they are experiencing heavy flooding due to record rains. Still excited, but a little more nervous than I was.
Old 03-20-17, 08:16 PM   #3965
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

You're going to Peru? How exciting! I mean, not about the flooding really, but the rest...is this just a vacation?

So my travel story from Wednesday....first, I had to get 1 1/2 hours to the train station and my hubby suddenly couldn't drive me b/c meeting. I had never wanted to drive myself b/c unsafe for the rest of the world and where do I park for 5 nights and how much is that? Plus, we're down a car after the accident, so let my kid use my car while I'm away and then he can drive other kid where he needs to go.

I have the Uber app from London but I have no idea if there are drivers in our little town, who are willing to drive 1 and a half hours, and apparently you cannot make a reservation. So already I'm nervous and slept poorly.

I requested like 15 minutes out and a guy was on his way and then I'm like, neat, I get to get into a car with a stranger and drive an hour and a half into a city I don't really know. I grabbed my old keyring mace from grad school, which likely would not serve any purpose other than leave a mark if I threw it at him

It was fine, and I left so much of a cushion, I had to wait an hour at the train station. It's a nice one, at least. Train ride was okay, long and sold out though, so no room to stretch.

I arrive at Union Station in DC and have to get the metro to Va to get closer to my friend, bc I want to minimize putting people out. And normally it's easy to navigate, but it was rush hour and people were impatient and getting a card took me longer than it should have.

I got on red line and had to transfer in 4 stops. I guess I still had train stop mentality and assumed I had some time. I pulled out my phone and started texting my friend, and I had two luggage items and a water I bought.

All the sudden I realize I'm at Metro Center, where I need to get off. I jump up and grab my suitcase and laptop bag, water and phone in hand, and run off the train to avoid getting slammed in the doors. I leave my purse with all my IDs and money and basically life on the seat.

Old 03-20-17, 08:28 PM   #3966
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

Thankfully, a kind woman grabbed it and rushed it to me as I was leaving. My heart was POUNDING. I can't believe I came that close to watching my purse leave on the rush hour DC red line.

Still shaking, I book it down the escalator to the next line I need to be on and see it's just arrived. Double check I'm going the right way and jump on, wheeling my suitcase with the laptop bag resting on the long extended handle behind me.

The doors shut. ON my suitcase. I assume, like an elevator, they will pop back open, but that's not the case. I'm stuck. Or, rather, my suitcase is caught between the doors, in a vise-like grip, and I'm afraid the train is going to move along and my stuff will be left on the tracks. I'd like to think some safety feature would prevent the train from moving with the doors open, but then again, I would have also liked to think the doors would open again if they shut on something.

I cried out and people on both sides of the train (inside and from the platform) ran to help. All these pairs of hands pulling the door, and it opened and I yanked my bags inside. All seats taken so I grab a pole.

A younger girl gets up and kindly offers me her seat b/c I'm so flustered but I was too confused to even take it. So I'm trying to balance all my luggage and not fall on people as we lurch along.

Get to VA stop (end of the line), my friend is not there yet, I'm standing outside and it's FREEZING. But then she gets there and she has a travel mug of wine for me

Then the good hilarity begins.

Old 03-21-17, 03:15 AM   #3967
Ness
Tudel Agitaxatel
Sees Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaKitty View Post
Counting the days before I leave for Peru on Friday. Peru. Where they are experiencing heavy flooding due to record rains. Still excited, but a little more nervous than I was.
I'm so unbelievably jealous! Please make sure to post lots of pictures so we can all live vicariously!!!
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-17, 03:59 AM   #3968
gertie
I'll gertie
Squishes the Frog

Yes, MinaKitty! Please do!

Catnap - the beginning of that little trip sounds horrible! That subway! What if it had been someone's hand, leg, even neck?

I've ridden those subways many times, and never saw anyone experience anything like that.

Mark Twain:

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
gertie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-17, 12:13 PM   #3969
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

Yes to pics!

That's what I was thinking, gertie...and I have no idea what happens then. The whole thing was bizarre.

Old 03-21-17, 12:37 PM   #3970
LostViking
Plunderer
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnap View Post
Saw my dad today...

Sorry Catnap.

I am in NYC - my dad is going to be seen here again in April. There are lots of options for what he has wrong. Getting better doctors makes a big difference.
LostViking is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Community > Lostaways! :) »